+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Noone is saying all punjabis/indians are bad, in fact, if you look on average they are probably some of the hardest working/productive workers but as a non Indian, the sheer volumes of Indians that are coming in as newcomers in proportion to every other country is what's got people frustrated. Idk what the actual number is but it's like 50 or 60% of all immigrants and students are now indians. The idea of assimilation or diversity in culture in Canada is very much at threat. Sure, you can say don't mind what other people do in their homes or communities but these guys are changing the fabric of what people expect from Canada. Not saying either is bad or good, Canadian culture is very much lacking in many regards. I'm just highlighting the source of frustration. And people coming in through the shadiest pathways like diplomas and using food banks don't help either
I used to think that country caps were a bad thing but I guess the US got that one aspect right when it comes to immigration, even though such a cap would actually make more sense for Canada. A country cap may destroy merit based immigration but for a country like Canada, which prides itself on diversity, country caps might probably be a requirement in the near future if it wants to preserve actual diversity. If 40% of the immigrant population is coming from only one country, it’s going to destroy whatever diversity Canada proudly claims as its own. In fact, I’m surprised that the government actually considers this as a problem and is actually going to make changes to the student visa program so that students are not sourced from only India.

Reactions: Lord_Tony and RSub

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Exactly, when people are pushed to the limit, they don't care. I imagine it would be the same in India. Heck, if it were in my home country, I would be pissed off too with the government.

For me, it's the sheer number of overall immigration that's straining everything, even though I totally understand why people want to immigrate. I gave up looking for a doctor at this point. Hopefully, I won't get cancer. News saying doctors are opening patients and just putting back the way it is, cancer already spread too much, nothing they can do. Indians in general seem to be ok, don't seem to cause too much trouble considering their number. Of course, if they become a big political power, who knows what they could do.
The vast majority of Indians who go to Canada as permanent residents are here to make money and live peaceful lives without causing any issues. Most, if not all are skilled and well educated. It’s a portion of the international student population, specifically the ones who attend private and public colleges, who cause issues and have destroyed the reputation of Indians in Canada. They are literally, the redneck trash of India. Every country has them but unfortunately, due to the population of India and the student visa program, they are over represented in Canada. To fix the damage caused, the first course of action for Canada is to show them the door once their visas are up and if they don’t oblige, catch them and deport them. Most of these trash probably will overstay their visas and live as undocumented workers. You can count on them to do it so it’s a job for CBSA to get their shit together.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
For all the naysayers :D:
Canada ranked as 2nd best country in the world
According to the 2023 Best Countries ranking by U.S. News, Canada is the second-best in the world overall this year.

The move up to second is an improvement from 2022, when Canada was ranked third overall by U.S. News.

To formulate these rankings, U.S. News looked at 10 different sub-categories (where they ranked the top 20 countries in each) and then ranked 87 countries in their overall rankings.

Link: https://www.cicnews.com/2023/09/canada-ranked-as-2nd-best-country-in-the-world-0939200.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20230906#gs.5dmpbg

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
According to the 2023 Best Countries ranking by U.S. News, Canada is the second-best in the world overall this year.

The move up to second is an improvement from 2022, when Canada was ranked third overall by U.S. News.

To formulate these rankings, U.S. News looked at 10 different sub-categories (where they ranked the top 20 countries in each) and then ranked 87 countries in their overall rankings.

Link: https://www.cicnews.com/2023/09/canada-ranked-as-2nd-best-country-in-the-world-0939200.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20230906#gs.5dmpbg
These rankings don’t mean much. There is no such thing as a best country. Every country has problems. Some countries have more problems than others.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

I don't know how Canada always ends up at the top of every list. I swear Canada must have a large ass marketing budget. To be fair, even I fell for it

• Love
Reactions: imransyed

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hmm hmm this is the fun part india is ranked more than 100 in global hunger index but ranked 50-60 in infant mortality rate ,did you see the irony, how can infants not die in a country with this much hunger ?
Most of this rankings are like I am conducting an exam,I am setting the question paper and I am evaluating my exam guess what I will always rank high.
So I don't trust this rankings.

I read someone asking for us type country cap ? Why ?
Before going there I am already a permanent resident.
First the problem with canadian immigration mostly lie with degree mills same with UK .
To qualify for a fsw it is not very easy and people who usually come by that stream isn't the problem, in most cases they Integrate well ,their language skills are tested,well educated and most knows what they are doing.
Then who is the problem before people get f ing butt hurt because I saw some people losing their marbles ,I am an Indian and I am more exposed to Indian community that too punjabi community in canada so I can only take that as a damn reference so no need to make a hue and cry.I am sure lot of other communities like Chinese, Vietnamese etc does the same

Lmia many fake restaurants exists in Saskatchewan (I heard from many established indians here) who will generate a fake LMIA for you in a restaurant,this guys speaks no English, cannot Integrate (I mean not even follow basic culture.

Refugees I saw a video of Syrian refugees i ottawa who wants death for LGBT community, really? Similarly ukranian refugees the country has spend millions of dollars on them ,now going to refugees from eritria ,Somalia.... last week we had a fight in front of sunridge mall between 2 group of Eritreans again no integration ,to make it simple Marlborough, sunridge looks really messed up

People with fake degree and others who came here through religious visas ,Going back to my previous landlord story he came here after getting converted(there was some visa at that time not sure about it so Don't quote me on that) not through some high skilled fsw .What do you expect them to Integrate? Note : I am non religious I Don't care about religion, so Don't say that I am a bigot and all those BS

Students this is gonna definitely bring me some hate you have degree mills like Lambdon,Conestoga, Sheridan,Bow valley even SAIT to an extent, you should talk to students in thsi college 0 skills nor zero commonsense their aim is to get a canadian PR not to get an education, my aim when I went to US for masters was solely education and believe me I worked hard to earn my degree here lol , here Students have time to work 40 hrs after college. in US after taking 12 credits of 6 grade course good luck with that.So what do you guys expect from this guys ,this colleges min cut of for ielts is 6.5 no GRE no academic requirements, if you have money you can get an admit ,some of my college mates went to this college honestly they failed a lot of exams in undergrad, their only aim was PR and even in india their attitude was garbage ,what do you expect from people like that in canada.

It is not about indians or Chinese or Mexican it is the kind of indians or what ever you bring here you bring idiot of the idiots in large qty what do you expect, in US most indians are highly educated obviously there are many issues with them as well but far better than this .
Indians are overrepresented again simple math it is a country of 1.4 billion people ,where parents only goal is to educate their children, so a lot of people from idia gets into fsw and most of the indians learn English from young age .another math let us consider 10% of 1.4 billion people to be idiots that itself is 140 million which is near to 4 times of Canada's population.

So merit based system is the best approach let people be treated fairly why do you want to discriminate people just because they were born in a nation which was not in their control but again as I mentioned when merit based system is In place Don't allow the loop holes .

Reactions: RSub and wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I don't know how Canada always ends up at the top of every list. I swear Canada must have a large ass marketing budget. To be fair, even I fell for it
Or may be the world is really a shitty place :)
Looking at America, it certainly feels so.

PS: I am half joking.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It was borderline unreadable to be honest.

Most of the stuff he said Indians do doesn't impact him financially or health-wise(apart from noise and driving). I think I get his resentment of not achieving anything in life and blaming the ones who are unlikely to get back to him for it. It is an easy way to get instant gratification and displays lack of values and culture in him. Individual actions over generalization is what mature people do. It has a cost that we bear, but that's what builds a beautiful society.

At the end, he literally cheaps out by living in a slumlord's house when he can pay and move to a landlord that isn't Indian - but hey, cheaping out is only okay when he does it! Before the argument comes "but Calgary's rental is fucked", yeah, sure, but I have a rental already for me and my landlord isn't an Indian - this, when I top the list of "do not rent" as I have very large dogs to make most property management companies uncomfortable.
I get that you don't like his observations or arguments. But this ad hominem attack isn't any better. He generalized but this sounds more like a personal attack on him when he hasn't said anything which was directed personally at you. Not sure personal attacks build beautiful society.

Reactions: PRANIT01

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
but as a non Indian, the sheer volumes of Indians that are coming in as newcomers in proportion to every other country is what's got people frustrated. I
The frustration from those people is unwarranted as long as those people are coming in legally using the same avenues which are available to anyone else. If, people coming from one country or ethnicity is an issue lawmakers of this country can do what US has done and introduce country caps.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I get that you don't like his observations or arguments. But this ad hominem attack isn't any better. He generalized but this sounds more like a personal attack on him when he hasn't said anything which was directed personally at you. Not sure personal attacks build beautiful society.
I generally have a thick skin, but I do agree with your take on the personal attack. Wasn't a mature thing to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The frustration from those people is unwarranted as long as those people are coming in legally using the same avenues which are available to anyone else. If, people coming from one country or ethnicity is an issue lawmakers of this country can do what US has done and introduce country caps.
Warranted or not, a tide is starting to shift. Yes, the government should introduce caps but we already know how incompetent they are.

Canadians are starting to catch on discriminatory postings by Indians that rent out to Indian only

https://reddit.com/r/CanadaHousing2/s/RJAsAmTLHB

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I generally have a thick skin, but I do agree with your take on the personal attack. Wasn't a mature thing to do.
It takes a very mature person to accept when a mistake happens and not get defensive about it. A very rare trait these days on online forums or platforms. Bravo!