Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I guess someone will assume I work at Timmies, if I have a nice car they'll assume I bought it on 10%(20%?) interest, and they will think that I live with 10-15 other people. But as long as their assumptions don't lead to physical or monetary harm to me, I'm at peace with it. Sometimes, we have to earn our respect - our community involvement can earn us back our respect as an individual, probably hard to fix the nationality related issues.
For a long time, Chinese had an even worse image than us. There are stories of "underground people" in memories of people here in Victoria. They were smuggled from China --according to urban tales-- and used to live in underground tunnels in Victoria and work in China town --again, urban tales. Victoria downtown indeed has a lot of tunnels, mostly storm drains but some are indeed VERY weird.

There has been many incidences of mistreatment of Chinese by police and by common people in the past.

Now a day, both gates and legs are wide open for East Asians. Heck people make movies about them being rich. Money brings respect. As simple as that. So have a chip on your shoulder, keep your head down and mint money as fast as possible and who knows in future there will be curry flavoured room freshners to make Indians feel more at home in Canadian real estate...

Reactions: June1311

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
For a long time, Chinese had an even worse image than us. There are stories of "underground people" in memories of people here in Victoria. They were smuggled from China --according to urban tales-- and used to live in underground tunnels in Victoria and work in China town --again, urban tales. Victoria downtown indeed has a lot of tunnels, mostly storm drains but some are indeed VERY weird.

There has been many incidences of mistreatment of Chinese by police and by common people in the past.

Now a day, both gates and legs are wide open for East Asians. Heck people make movies about them being rich. Money brings respect. As simple as that. So have a chip on your shoulder, keep your head down and mint money as fast as possible and who knows in future there will be curry flavoured room freshners to make Indians feel more at home in Canadian real estate...
The issue with indians was /is always civic sense you can disagree with me but this is what I have seen .
There is a difference between being frugal and cheap unfortunately indians are cheap ,who argue for 10 $ in middle of time Square .
For eg my previous landlord oh man I have seen several ethnicity but never seen someone like that what a miserable loser .
He argues for 10 $ his biggest achievement in life is he owns a home built in 70s in sw calgary and he lives for that home.
Indians who are born and raised outside india or indians of well off parents never have that issue but as you know bad news spread fast
For eg my friends credit card is with me he don't even care but he knows I am not an a hole.
Indians are not considerate and my most part plane rude
For example my friend and my colleague he is a fortune 500 project manager he breaks lines but a nice guy .he thinks it is okay.Honestly very good man but cannot agree with his actions.
When a person is having hand full of bags coming behind you opening the door for them is basic manners that is what my parents taught me but way most indians behave is appalling.
Bragging
Hmm this is mostly with our people from a particular region in india honestly no one cares how much you make or what car you drive and all unless asked no need to talk about it .
Another reason indians are not liked (this is a good thing but obviously people don't like it) indians are extremely competitive, obviously cannot blame anyone because that is our only way to survive. -But this point is more in US not in canada that much.
Bringing garbage attitude from india -I still don't under why the hell people stare ,I understand if you see a very pretty girl passing by you are human you can look for a second but this is stare and I have heard several indians telling me ,they saw someone making out at the part so what that is my damn question. Noone needs moral policing here.
Inferiority complex this unfortunately I have seen more in the people from our region ,this folks they way they behave with white people and other indians are easily understood.
Cutting corners and not following rules -I saw a indian guy in youtube telling how to exploit the system by collecting food from the food bank .
If you do all this kind of things what do you expect.
Living in NE calgary is funny you can hear loud music ,one day I was passing by and someone was playing in the highest possible volume some shitty bollywood songs in 90s seriously?Pathetic driving ,arrogance and Indian issues usual sharma Jim ka beta kind of things ,I don't think even you want to raise your kid in such an environment.
Telling your culture (indian) is the best ,I agree lot if good things are in indian culture family values is a good thing ,being competitive etc but there are a lot of bad things also ,Indians always like to take pride of others achievements why.
Unless this change everything is gonna be the same.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The issue with indians was /is always civic sense you can disagree with me but this is what I have seen .
There is a difference between being frugal and cheap unfortunately indians are cheap ,who argue for 10 $ in middle of time Square .
For eg my previous landlord oh man I have seen several ethnicity but never seen someone like that what a miserable loser .
He argues for 10 $ his biggest achievement in life is he owns a home built in 70s in sw calgary and he lives for that home.
Meet Emily Yu. She bought a townhouse in north vancouver -- I used to live pretty close by. She converted it into a 15 bed hostel! All the bylaws and fire safety regulations be damned! To make a cheap bug. This is NOT being frugal this is downright down there with Motel Patels.

Repeated complaints did not dissuade her. Pleas fell on a deaf ear. She did not allow property management folks to even look at the yard.

Courts ordered her to cease and desist. But No! Emily thought she is always right!

"I believe I'm right," Yu says firmly.
Laws and bylaws be damned again!

"I'm going to continue to fight for my rights. This is my home. I have a right to enjoy my property. My strata they can say whatever they want, but they don't have a right to [take away] my civil right of enjoying my property."
Court ordered her property to be sold because she will not stop from violating fire codes, bylaws and laws. But who the hell the laws are in front of Ms Emily!

In November 2020, court-appointed sheriffs and real estate agents came to show the townhouse to a prospective buyer, but Yu had padlocked the gate and refused them entry, resulting in her arrest and a criminal charge of disobeying a court order.
She had to be put behind the bars! Remember, this kept on going for a bout 5 years or may be more. All the other folks living in that complex were banging their heads for noise, crime and drugs to stop.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9201083/emily-yu-hostel-jail-time/

You would have thought this would be the end of it all? NO! Emily showed up AGAIN after the place was sold because it was her God given right to turn the poor townhouse into a hostel! She tried to move in the place she now does not own! That too complete with movers and packers!

https://globalnews.ca/news/7764277/north-vancouver-hostel-owner-returns/

No Patel would dare do this.

She was charged with contempt of the court. And the she played the classic "Don't know no English, please!" card.

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/north-vancouver-hostel-hostess-emily-yu-jailed-5956892

Yu blamed her lack of compliance with the court order on a poor understanding of English, which Challenger said was “ludicrous” given her obvious competence in English at trial and in her life outside the court process.
And yet, we think Indians are some thing special. We are not.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Indians who are born and raised outside india or indians of well off parents never have that issue but as you know bad news spread fast
For eg my friends credit card is with me he don't even care but he knows I am not an a hole.
Indians are not considerate and my most part plane rude
For example my friend and my colleague he is a fortune 500 project manager he breaks lines but a nice guy .he thinks it is okay.Honestly very good man but cannot agree with his actions.
When a person is having hand full of bags coming behind you opening the door for them is basic manners that is what my parents taught me but way most indians behave is appalling.
Bragging
Hmm this is mostly with our people from a particular region in india honestly no one cares how much you make or what car you drive and all unless asked no need to talk about it .
Another reason indians are not liked (this is a good thing but obviously people don't like it) indians are extremely competitive, obviously cannot blame anyone because that is our only way to survive. -But this point is more in US not in canada that much.
Bringing garbage attitude from india -I still don't under why the hell people stare ,I understand if you see a very pretty girl passing by you are human you can look for a second but this is stare and I have heard several indians telling me ,they saw someone making out at the part so what that is my damn question. Noone needs moral policing here.
Inferiority complex this unfortunately I have seen more in the people from our region ,this folks they way they behave with white people and other indians are easily understood.
Cutting corners and not following rules -I saw a indian guy in youtube telling how to exploit the system by collecting food from the food bank .
If you do all this kind of things what do you expect.
Well said, mate.

Reactions: PRANIT01

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Meet Emily Yu. She bought a townhouse in north vancouver -- I used to live pretty close by. She converted it into a 15 bed hostel! All the bylaws and fire safety regulations be damned! To make a cheap bug. This is NOT being frugal this is downright down there with Motel Patels.

Repeated complaints did not dissuade her. Pleas fell on a deaf ear. She did not allow property management folks to even look at the yard.

Courts ordered her to cease and desist. But No! Emily thought she is always right!

Laws and bylaws be damned again!

Court ordered her property to be sold because she will not stop from violating fire codes, bylaws and laws. But who the hell the laws are in front of Ms Emily!

She had to be put behind the bars! Remember, this kept on going for a bout 5 years or may be more. All the other folks living in that complex were banging their heads for noise, crime and drugs to stop.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9201083/emily-yu-hostel-jail-time/

You would have thought this would be the end of it all? NO! Emily showed up AGAIN after the place was sold because it was her God given right to turn the poor townhouse into a hostel! She tried to move in the place she now does not own! That too complete with movers and packers!

https://globalnews.ca/news/7764277/north-vancouver-hostel-owner-returns/

No Patel would dare do this.

She was charged with contempt of the court. And the she played the classic "Don't know no English, please!" card.

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/north-vancouver-hostel-hostess-emily-yu-jailed-5956892

And yet, we think Indians are some thing special. We are not.
I'm Filipino, I completely agree with you. All the poor Indian behavior, spoken in this thread forums by fellow Indians, I feel applies to most Southeast Asians. Most Latinos are not that different either. I often felt some cultures - certain Arabians and Africans often do all this more than asians.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Well said, mate.
It was borderline unreadable to be honest.

Most of the stuff he said Indians do doesn't impact him financially or health-wise(apart from noise and driving). I think I get his resentment of not achieving anything in life and blaming the ones who are unlikely to get back to him for it. It is an easy way to get instant gratification and displays lack of values and culture in him. Individual actions over generalization is what mature people do. It has a cost that we bear, but that's what builds a beautiful society.

At the end, he literally cheaps out by living in a slumlord's house when he can pay and move to a landlord that isn't Indian - but hey, cheaping out is only okay when he does it! Before the argument comes "but Calgary's rental is fucked", yeah, sure, but I have a rental already for me and my landlord isn't an Indian - this, when I top the list of "do not rent" as I have very large dogs to make most property management companies uncomfortable.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I'm Filipino, I completely agree with you. All the poor Indian behavior, spoken in this thread forums by fellow Indians, I feel applies to most Southeast Asians. Most Latinos are not that different either. I often felt some cultures - certain Arabians and Africans often do all this more than asians.
Exactly my observations here as well. Self-hating immigrants makes it too hard to leave your identity behind and be a Canadian because to them you are always an Indian, a Filipino, an Arab, etc. We should let people exist as individuals and not reduce them to an ethnicity. It is pointless to leave your home country, travel 10,000 kms, and still think that way.

Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I believe any community of people are capable of anti-social behaviour. If one wants to know how the nice folks in Canada have treated those who were here before them, just dig in recent history. Not long back till 50s-90s. We all are damn humans, all of us are very much capable of all the dreadful things.

We should strive to be at our personal best in society but beating ourself due to association with any community is not advisable.

Vision-Air

Star Member
May 27, 2023
Exactly my observations here as well. Self-hating immigrants makes it too hard to leave your identity behind and be a Canadian because to them you are always an Indian, a Filipino, an Arab, etc. We should let people exist as individuals and not reduce them to an ethnicity. It is pointless to leave your home country, travel 10,000 kms, and still think that way.
Bro I tell this to everyone lol. Anyone can do what whatever they want but sometimes it doesn't make sense, TRAVEL 10,000kms and don't give themselves an opportunity to learn and acquire a new culture and at least try to mingle with the community other than looking for your own community and settling down.

Leaving your country sometimes because you're not satisfied to what your own country environments "political, cultural etc" provides and then move to another totally different country but keep all the traits from your home country that makes your home country not appealing.

I am not talking about a brainwash and change who you are, deep inside we all know how we can do better and different and give ourselves the opportunity to change into a better person.

That's at least my opinion about myself, I totally immersed in the culture and learned everything I could from it and I don't I want to bring my country to Canada but I want to bring Canada to my heart and become a Canadian. <-- That's what I have for myself, I am not saying that's what everyone has to do or it's the right thing to do.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Why is it so hard just to be kind?

Saw this thread earlier today. Another reminder why these hyperboles need to stop.

I'm not a Punjabi, but I feel for this person. They aren't asking for much, and I guess we owe it to our fellow immigrants to be at least this human.

https://www.reddit.com/r/alberta/comments/16abnzl
Noone is saying all punjabis/indians are bad, in fact, if you look on average they are probably some of the hardest working/productive workers but as a non Indian, the sheer volumes of Indians that are coming in as newcomers in proportion to every other country is what's got people frustrated. Idk what the actual number is but it's like 50 or 60% of all immigrants and students are now indians. The idea of assimilation or diversity in culture in Canada is very much at threat. Sure, you can say don't mind what other people do in their homes or communities but these guys are changing the fabric of what people expect from Canada. Not saying either is bad or good, Canadian culture is very much lacking in many regards. I'm just highlighting the source of frustration. And people coming in through the shadiest pathways like diplomas and using food banks don't help either

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
A million dollar question to which no one has answer to. At this stage it feels like it depends on which side of the bed IRCC officials wake up on.
Our crystal orbs are as good as yours. :)

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Noone is saying all punjabis/indians are bad, in fact, if you look on average they are probably some of the hardest working/productive workers but as a non Indian, the sheer volumes of Indians that are coming in as newcomers in proportion to every other country is what's got people frustrated. Idk what the actual number is but it's like 50 or 60% of all immigrants and students are now indians. The idea of assimilation or diversity in culture in Canada is very much at threat. Sure, you can say don't mind what other people do in their homes or communities but these guys are changing the fabric of what people expect from Canada. Not saying either is bad or good, Canadian culture is very much lacking in many regards. I'm just highlighting the source of frustration. And people coming in through the shadiest pathways like diplomas and using food banks don't help either
Exactly, when people are pushed to the limit, they don't care. I imagine it would be the same in India. Heck, if it were in my home country, I would be pissed off too with the government.

For me, it's the sheer number of overall immigration that's straining everything, even though I totally understand why people want to immigrate. I gave up looking for a doctor at this point. Hopefully, I won't get cancer. News saying doctors are opening patients and just putting back the way it is, cancer already spread too much, nothing they can do. Indians in general seem to be ok, don't seem to cause too much trouble considering their number. Of course, if they become a big political power, who knows what they could do.