+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hey all, I have a quick question and hoping to find some answers.

I did soft landing back in July 2022 and didn't fill out any GTF list and told the agent I will be moving permanently later.

I am planning to visit Toronto for couple of days in August. Now do I have to fill in GTF list or can I say I am only visiting. I have plans to move to Canada sometime in May 2024.

Any help is appreciated.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I was in the pool with a score of 489, IRCC didn't redraw until I lost 10 points due to age in two years, now 483 seems high to me.
I felt that the pool was refreshing faster so CRS was expected to be high with a smaller draw size. Don't get your hopes down though - who knows, it might just take another 2 draws before you get your ITA. So many of us have been so wrong in predicting CRS scores, and you are not too far from 483.

Reactions: hkstud1989

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
What does tie-breaker mean? (Sorry for not googling, sometimes I prefer the answers here)
Google's first result below

The tie-break rule is used to rank candidates who have the same Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. The candidates are ranked by the date and time their Express Entry profiles were added into the pool. This means that the tie-break rule prioritizes profiles that have been in the Express Entry pool for longer.29-Jun-2020

Reactions: Jazkh

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Thats not ... totally correct. US gives family class PR in droves -- just like Canada.
Then there is EB2 advanced degree. Bachelor + 5 years experience + job offer = GC.

Come on a L1 and become a PR.
The US has more family-based immigration than Canada which I agree it's not that great.
But, the "Job offer" part needs a PERM which is similar to LMIA right?
Is it that easy to come on L1? do you need to become a manager or something?

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024

The tie-break rule is used to rank candidates who have the same Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. The candidates are ranked by the date and time their Express Entry profiles were added into the pool. This means that the tie-break rule prioritizes profiles that have been in the Express Entry pool for longer.29-Jun-2020
He just said that he doesn't like Google result..

• Haha
Reactions: Jazkh

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi all! I have a slight problem regarding my PR application.
My Ielts expired before I could submit the PR application. So, I retook Ielts and managed to increase my CRS but after I updated the Ielts score in the pr application, the 'preview my score tab' is all blank and it is showing FSW not met. All my scores just vanished, is it because of the old expired ielts ? I have updated my language test with a newer score though.
Please help.
Has anyone any insight on this? @legalfalcon

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019

to add :

"For example, in the Express Entry draw that took place on January 18, 2023, the minimum CRS score was set at 490, and the tie-breaking rule was set at November 24, 2022, at 21:14:59 UTC. This means that candidates who had a CRS score of 490 or higher and submitted their Express Entry profile before the above cut-off were part of the group who received an ITA during that draw."

https://pelicanmigration.com/understanding-the-tie-breaking-rule-for-express-entry/

Now I understand. (I wish I didnt have to google it myself though, Impa)

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
But, the "Job offer" part needs a PERM which is similar to LMIA right?
Is it that easy to come on L1? do you need to become a manager or something?
For L1, no PERM is needed AFAIK.

And L1 has been used by engineers and managers both in droves. It has no limit and has been go to visa for bringing in overseas workers.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
to add :

"For example, in the Express Entry draw that took place on January 18, 2023, the minimum CRS score was set at 490, and the tie-breaking rule was set at November 24, 2022, at 21:14:59 UTC. This means that candidates who had a CRS score of 490 or higher and submitted their Express Entry profile before the above cut-off were part of the group who received an ITA during that draw."

https://pelicanmigration.com/understanding-the-tie-breaking-rule-for-express-entry/

Now I understand. (I wish I didnt have to google it myself though, Impa)
Hard work is good.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi one quick question
In ky PR app, I didnt know I should have inserted my parents and siblings info.
I thought I just need to mention my spouse info
What am I suppose to do now? Would this cause rejection?
Im worried

however,I have heard in same cases they have asked for additional docs for family members