+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Vikee2022

Jan 18, 2022
Hi All,

I received PR confirmation mail today, however currently I am on vacation outside Canada. How much time does I have to respond to confirmation mail? Can I respond in 2 weeks time after returning back to Canada?

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
@MajorGrom I couldn't care less about this whole Canada vs USA thing going on here, but your info on the US seems to be through some rose tinted glasses. I lived in the US for 9 years, and I have had insurance the entire time. Employer sponsored health insurance doesn't mean the employer pays for it. Your monthly premiums are deducted from your paycheck. The advantage is simply that it's tax deductable.

But even after monthly premiums, you have to pay your deductible and/or copay. In the absence of serious illness or an accident etc, most people will never reach the deductible limit each year, so you end up paying your monthly premiums PLUS your entire deductible. Health insurance companies literally exist to cover as little as possible and take as much from you as possible in health emergencies. Their insane profit margins speak for themselves.

Next, I have never had a wait less than 4-5 hours in US hospitals. Whether it's a simple physician visit, an ER visit, or an actual hospital visit.

Yeah Canada has issues and all, but the US healthcare system is broken as hell. I understand what you said about US still being the better option for you, that's totally fair. But try not to paint yourself too idealistic a picture of what American healthcare is. It's among the worst in the developed world.
Out of curiosity which city/state are you from? Just so I know where to avoid if I ever decide to go south of the border.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
From @mapleworld :

I just found this consultation page on the IRCC website. No idea how long it has been posted, but they are not receiving the feedback after January 8, 2023.

According to this page, there are four possible categories in addition to the previous three categories. The one needs to qualify with CEC, FSW, or FST before being considered for the targeted draw.

Category-based selection is limited to candidates who qualify for the programs managed under Express Entry, including: the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Federal Skilled Trades Program. It will comprise a portion of overall invitations to apply, and invitations based on the Comprehensive Ranking System scores and individual programs will remain.
As I understand, the overall CRS score cut-off will be higher when considering the targeted draw. But it's a good sign that they are not abandoned the entire old CRS system.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/consultations/2022-consultations-express-entry-selection.html?fbclid=IwAR23PLSNgkw4LZ8HL3tT-0ErbOh4P4dblzOVTWTt4rLfYaKO6KfniLHiTeo

So, they will not completely replace the old system, right?

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 994371

Please report this elephant he is an imposter and not a real OG Impatient clan member.
Yes, please. Let's address the elephant in the room.

I had dreams (the sexual kind) about Kangaroo one day and found myself a part of the Impatient clan when I woke up.

I believe I was chosen by the great Kangaroo himself.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi All,

I received PR confirmation mail today, however currently I am on vacation outside Canada. How much time does I have to respond to confirmation mail? Can I respond in 2 weeks time after returning back to Canada?
It should say in the email. I'm pretty sure it's the same for everyone - in my email it says 30 days.

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Hi Members,
Any idea on how to get in touch with Singapore Airlines India? I have tried their toll free number but IVR doesn't have option to talk to the representative.
Help would really be appreciated.
Thanks