+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hey guys, posted this elsewhere but I couldn't think of a better place to post this than with the true, info laden VETERANS of this forum. I'd very much appreciate your input on the subject!

I'm currently in Canada and have been approved as a permanent resident since September 21, 2022 (Confirmed by GCMS notes received on Dec 9, 2022).
I declared my address and gave my photos while in Canada. My VO is Calgary. However, I haven't received my eCOPR.
I just finished a student exchange and must leave the country, as my tourist status is slowly coming to an end and have stuff to tie up elsewhere in the immediate future (status that you enter the country with when you're from a visa exempt country and your exchange is < 6 months).

Should I notify IRCC of my change in residence? What happens now?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I'm currently in Canada and have been approved as a permanent resident since September 21, 2022 (Confirmed by GCMS notes received on Dec 9, 2022).
I declared my address and gave my photos while in Canada. My VO is Calgary. However, I haven't received my eCOPR.
From the looks of it, your "in" landing is having some trouble. This is a sort of a twilight zone kind of issue.

Send an email to the address who sent you your portal email. It has a format documented here somewhere on the forum. Mention there that you have not recieved your eCoPR even though you have uploaded your side of data like address etc and re-confirm that you are still in Canada, your address, name and request them to release your eCoPR.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I just finished a student exchange and must leave the country, as my tourist status is slowly coming to an end and have stuff to tie up elsewhere in the immediate future (status that you enter the country with when you're from a visa exempt country and your exchange is < 6 months).

Should I notify IRCC of my change in residence? What happens now?
If you are leaving Canada without getting your eCoPR, you will need to do your "out"-landing. What it means is you will have to notify IRCC that you are outside Canada even though you had started landing process from within canada. Tricky situation. They will have to abort your in-landing and do "out"-landing. Basically, RFV email loop again but this time you should get a PPR and get PRV stamped on your passport.

If you have money and can and willing to stay in canada, you can apply for a visitor record.

Also, have a word with a good lawyer too... your situation is not very common.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
From the looks of it, your "in" landing is having some trouble. This is a sort of a twilight zone kind of issue.

Send an email to the address who sent you your portal email. It has a format documented here somewhere on the forum. Mention there that you have not recieved your eCoPR even though you have uploaded your side of data like address etc and re-confirm that you are still in Canada, your address, name and request them to release your eCoPR.
From what I've gathered by lurking on the forum, Calgary VO specifically has been having "backlog" issues, in part due to the Ukrainian refugee crisis, maybe? A few others are in the same boat. Multiple have sent an email and the response has apparently, not been overwhelmingly positive, citing a need to be "patient" due to this backlog.

I've been through the PPR/RFV loop twice now. First, the regular "physical" one while I was already in Canada, which was then changed in favor of the online one. Think a third one is in order? Would you wait it out indefinitely? I've been in a limbo for about three months now, and knowing IRCC, I could be kept here indefinitely. Therefore, I don't think it's a wise choice to remain in Canada with this ambiguous status.

My mailing address however, will remain valid for the time I'm outside of Canada. What would happen if my card were to be delivered there, without any updates on the portal, for example?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
From what I've gathered by lurking on the forum, Calgary VO specifically has been having "backlog" issues, in part due to the Ukrainian refugee crisis, maybe? A few others are in the same boat. Multiple have sent an email and the response has apparently, not been overwhelmingly positive, citing a need to be "patient" due to this backlog.

I've been through the PPR/RFV loop twice now. First, the regular "physical" one while I was already in Canada, which was then changed in favor of the online one. Think a third one is in order? Would you wait it out indefinitely? I've been in a limbo for about three months now, and knowing IRCC, I could be kept here indefinitely. Therefore, I don't think it's a wise choice to remain in Canada with this ambiguous status.

My mailing address however, will remain valid for the time I'm outside of Canada. What would happen if my card were to be delivered there, without any updates on the portal, for example?
Very hard to comment upon.. but.

1. Your CoPR is the MOST important document here, more important than PR Card. A lost PR Card is fixable. An unissued eCoPR is unfixable.
2. Asking does not hurt. You should explain your situation in the email.
3. You should not be issued a eCoPR if you were OUTSIDE Canada. (e)CoPR is issued on the border or within Canada.
4. I will not even bother about PR Card right now, refer to (1).
5. No one can take the decision to remain or go out for you because it comes down to risk benifit analysis. I can sit few years unemployed if it comes down to it and fight ircc or beauracracy to get my immigration status cleared. Will I do it? Probably... because of my family situation. Should you do it? I don't know but most people should not. wasting prime of your youth in banging your head with beaurcacies is not a good way to live.

Last edited:

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Very hard to comment upon.. but.

1. Your CoPR is the MOST important document here, more important than PR Card. A lost PR Card is fixable. An unissued eCoPR is unfixable.
2. Asking does not hurt. You should explain your situation in the email.
3. You should not be issued a eCoPR if you were OUTSIDE Canada. (e)CoPR is issued on the border or within Canada.
4. I will not even bother about PR Card right now, refer to (1).
5. No one can take the decision to remain or go out for you because it comes down to risk benifit analysis. I can sit few years unemployed if it comes down to it and fight ircc or beauracracy to get my immigration status cleared. Will I do it? Probably... because of my family situation. Should you do it? I don't know but most people should not. wasting prime of your youth in banging your head with beaurcacies is not a good way to live.
#5 really drives it home for me and I agree wholeheartedly.

I've talked to a few people here (In Canada, physically) who are in the same situation as me. Most of them have been travelling through the US border. Here's what I mean:
Some people were pending the issuance of their eCOPR, as they landed online. They left the country for the states, then came back on a tourist visa through a land border with no issues. Similarly for those that only had an eCOPR but no PR card: They were able to show passport + eCOPR and go in through the land border. That is to say, crossing through the land border is also an option for me.

Say, I could delay the landing indefinitely, since my funds are running out and can't work here, so I'd have to go back to where I do have work authorization. I think that's going to have to be the way to go for me! If only I had ANY indication that it were coming in a month or two i'd stay but, if this takes close to a year or more, I'll be in a pretty rough situation by then, which for all intents and purposes will be worse.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Say, I could delay the landing indefinitely, since my funds are running out and can't work here, so I'd have to go back to where I do have work authorization. I think that's going to have to be the way to go for me! If only I had ANY indication that it were coming in a month or two i'd stay but, if this takes close to a year or more, I'll be in a pretty rough situation by then, which by all intents and purposes will be worse.
I will say just send an email to pr portal email id, explaining your situation and then when you reach the end of the line... leave. Contact IRCC and tell them your situation and the fact you have left while waiting for your ecopr.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I will say just send an email to pr portal email id, explaining your situation and then when you reach the end of the line... leave. Contact IRCC and tell them your situation and the fact you have left while waiting for your ecopr.
Fair enough! Thank you very much for your kind advice.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Fair enough! Thank you very much for your kind advice.
If you have some money spare, contact a lawyer though. These matters get hairy... better have best shaver in the market on your side.

Oh btw, I forgot!

Ask legalfalcon in his thread too... the guy is a really good pro lawyer... he helps folks for free here. If you can afford it, pay fee and consult. Shoot a request anyways. I higly recommend paying him for his consult.

cemivac

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
If you have some money spare, contact a lawyer though. These matters get hairy... better have best shaver in the market on your side.

Oh btw, I forgot!

Ask legalfalcon in his thread too... the guy is a really good pro lawyer... he helps folks for free here. If you can afford it, pay fee and consult. Shoot a request anyways. I higly recommend paying him for his consult.
Didn't realize that resource existed! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll be posting over there shortly. Thanks again!!

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hello guys, do we know in what months of 2023 will the targeted draw start?
From what I read from cicnews, the targeted draw is supposed to start in the first quarter of 2023, but no exact month.
Some people said it is supposed to start in March or April 2023, is this based on the official memo or just a rumor?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hello guys, do we know in what months of 2023 will the targeted draw start?
From what I read from cicnews, the targeted draw is supposed to start in the first quarter of 2023, but no exact month.
Some people said it is supposed to start in March or April 2023, is this based on the official memo or just a rumor?
In the last few days one website (moving2canada) posted that they will start in Spring 2023 (so Q2) and another one (cicnews) Q1 2023. So I think it's fair to assume that no one knows for sure, other than it will be in the first half of 2023.