+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
I got an email from IRCC that my application status has been changed and in my account I have passed my medicals on 26th Oct and bio metrics updated as well. My background status has been same from day 1 "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Anyone here expert at stages can explain where I'm currently standing? Also does that mean I have passed the completeness check? Because I was missing Spouse Ielts certificate which I sent to IRCC thorugh a webform so bit worried if they can still cancel my application as incomplete.
Your application looks pretty normal so far. Mine was all quiet too until medical and biometrics. The first change to the background check status came a week after that, though most of that time is due to applying for a PCC. You can check myimmitracker for more data points on that, though it seems that not many people follow their applications closely enough to provide the dates for changes to their background check status.

In addition to the links mushy provided, you can check out https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr. Has your UCI changed? According to this guide, a permanent UCI that consists only of numbers replaces the temporary one that starts with 'CAN' when the R10 completeness check is passed. You might want to check your email's junk folder and deleted folder to be sure you're not missing any additional document requests.

It looks to me that your background check should start soon. Given how quickly your medical was passed, you look be on track to have one of the shortest processing time!

Last edited:

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
According to this guide, a permanent UCI that consists only of numbers replaces the temporary one that starts with 'CAN' when the R10 completeness check is passed.
Yes It was CAN before and it changed to numbers the same day I passed Medicals and Bio-metrics appeared. I also got an email with Subject "We updated your application status" and Content "Your application status has changes."

Given how quickly your medical was passed, you look be on track to have one of the shortest processing time!
Well you're getting me excited :D

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Congrats!! ✌
48 days between aor to ppr is super fast! Wow!
Member @epasil

HOLY S*** I JUST RECEIVED MY PPR. THAT WAS SO FAST!!!

AOR: September 20th
UCI Update: October 5th
Medicals passed: October 18th
Ghost update: October 25th
Ghost update: October 27th
PPR: October 28th

--

How about the guy above in 39 days. :D :D

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
What do you mean by how many solutions do they have ? There are countless, if they put their brain to work.

No one plans to reduce interest rates, that will be suicidal. Polim Poilievre, head of Conservative Party, even vows to fire the governor of Bank of Canada for his reckless management during the Covid years, a.k.a. money printing policies = high inflation afterwards.

As for real estate, which contributes to almost 14% of the GDP by the way, is in a freaking bubble and way way overpriced. A $1M home in Canada is as would be a $350-400k one in USA and comparing the wages and affordability in the two countries, you can clearly see how overpriced they are in Canada and the reason is not the lack of them, its property taxes and foreigns/companies being able to purchase them. The same is happening in the USA by the way.

How do you correlate lack of immigration with increased wages ? As a rule of thumb, wages should be increased every year at least based on inflation, and not inflation as a whole but based on the inflation of products of the basket. Immigration should be a problem solver, bringing people in professions where you lack and not bringing random professionals because then you create another problem. You would have too many professionals in a profession which already has an oversupply, leading many of them to change carreer / get payed way less or stay jobless. Not to mention that you still haven't filled the jobs which are really lacking people.
i just bought 4 onions for $5.69 CAD. welcome to Canada.

D

Deleted member 1083629

That is one of the reasons why the Conservatives will win by a landslide in the next elections. Toronto is already half immigrants and a box in the sky goes for $1M, how long before some really 180 degree changes will come forward.

Quebec made it absolutely clear that Liberals wont have a chance anymore, they lost terribly over there.

Between inflation, immigration, high property prices and rising interest rates, there is no doubt in my mind that some huge changes in power will be manifested in the next following years.

Canadians might be the most tolerable people on earth, but when job security, living standards and property ownership is put in the line, they will chose themselves every single time. I am amazed at the logic the Liberals follow really. How do you think arriving at 25% of the population being foreign and expect that things will follow normally is beyond me.
Hope so.

D

Deleted member 1083629

i just bought 4 onions for $5.69 CAD. welcome to Canada.
I heard fruits got super expensive. Was talking to my former colleague and he is a senior DS at IBM (working in Watson team). He told me that everything increased by 30-40% in price. On top of that, now you are expected to tip pretty much everywhere. Got a Subway? Tip 10%. Got a McD? Tip 15-20%.

So yeah... The increased rate means that it's close to impossible finding a 1br condo for less than 2200 in Toronto. On top of that, food, goods just got too expensive.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I heard fruits got super expensive. Was talking to my former colleague and he is a senior DS at IBM (working in Watson team). He told me that everything increased by 30-40% in price. On top of that, now you are expected to tip pretty much everywhere. Got a Subway? Tip 10%. Got a McD? Tip 15-20%.

So yeah... The increased rate means that it's close to impossible finding a 1br condo for less than 2200 in Toronto. On top of that, food, goods just got too expensive.
if you are not earning at least 150K, Canada will su.k you dry.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I got an email from IRCC that my application status has been changed and in my account I have passed my medicals on 26th Oct and bio metrics updated as well. My background status has been same from day 1 "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Anyone here expert at stages can explain where I'm currently standing? Also does that mean I have passed the completeness check? Because I was missing Spouse Ielts certificate which I sent to IRCC thorugh a webform so bit worried if they can still cancel my application as incomplete.
You R10 should be done.
Background check may or may not have started.

Reactions: ilikesnow

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I actually talked to couple of high school kids and they were pretty unhappy about the situation. That was back in 2019. Pretty much, what IRCC and Canada is doing right now will result in a huge dissatisfaction by the Canadians.

I know some idiots will come and be like: "oH nO cAnAda needs us". Nope. They need to keep the wages low. In order to do that, they don't give power to Canadians and replace them with foreigners who won't demand anything. At the same time, Canadians openly talk about how it's getting impossible to afford to live in Canada (see personalfinancecanada subreddit).
Okay few things.

There are areas in Canada with MASSIVE shortage of labour. Trades, Medical Professionals, General Workers, Seasonal Workers come to my mind.

You need to take an appointment with a plumber for 1-2 weeks in many cities to get you leaking faucet fixed. I know because I got it fixed. My landlord's father is in building business and EVEN then it took her 2 weeks to get an appointment with a plumber. Imagine that! Got a blocked toilet? God save you! The Plumbers do not agree to speed up your appointment even if you pay 3 times. There are simply not enough trades people left!

Then there is complete crisis in provinces like BC for doctors and medical practitioners. If you go to ER, be ready to wait for 8 hours before someone takes a look at it. You will be waiting with your emergency. Good luck. Why? Becuase they have just one or two ER doctors. Thats it! I kid you not, but people had to take out ads to get prescription renewed! Part of it is because Canada is not allowing enough residency positions and part is because Canada trained doctors at times leave for USA.

I am in the process of buying a home. I wanted to get the place assessed by a structural engineer as it was built in 1950s.. All homes here are like that. Here is the situation. Structural Engineers are so booked that there is a 3-4 weeks waiting time. Yes just to look at the place, check foundation for cracks etc, seepage etc. Its hard to close a house sale reliabily because of it. house inspectors do not do decent job and engineers are in very short supply. Some of them plain tell you that they will not do a assessment on site and will write you document if you need it for a loan. Some of them just do not want to do assessment at all and only do construction work.

Almost ALL the harvesting of major produce in Canada is done by seasonal workers from abroad. Yes, Canada has trouble in even getting their food harvested without seasonal worker! How do I know? I know because vancouver island has a small but good farming community. There are literal bidding wars for local labour and remaining farmers have to arrange for foreign labor. In the middle of pandemic, Canada had to allow entry for these workers as an exception so produce could be harvested.

Same goes with General Worker, there are many businesses closing because it is hard to get workers in the place where I live.

In technology sector, as I mentioned before in my past posts, it has been very hard to recruit decent talent. It took my employer 1 year to close a manager position. An engineer left for another employer. He came back after 10 months because of his family conditions. We did not even take any interview and hired him back on the spot!

These times are not normal. There is inflation, recession and lack of workers at the same time. Sound weird right? But thats the story right now. Businesses are shrinking, there is massive amount of cash in the market causing inflation, supplies from outside are hampered due to lockdown in china and russian ukraine war and people are resigning enmasses to escape inflation in cost of living in big cities. Its one weird time. Eventually there will be unemployment surely but till then businessess will struggle.

D

Deleted member 1083629

if you are not earning at least 150K, Canada will su.k you dry.
I wonder how many new immigrant reach that salary within the first 3 years; speaking specifically about GTA. Would love the statistics.