FSW WORLDWIDE

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Can someone please suggest a tread to read up on things to do during the first few weeks of landing? Process of getting SIN, health card etc... Thanks. I can't find some that are beyond a couple of replies...

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Can someone please suggest a tread to read up on things to do during the first few weeks of landing? Process of getting SIN, health card etc... Thanks. I can't find some that are beyond a couple of replies...
If there isn't one, a new thread needs to be created. Anyone who completed the landing, what do you say?

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hi senior members,
I have a question regarding landing. I am an outland fsw waiting for my ppr, I chose toronto as a destination. Once I get my Copr, can I land in Montreal, complete the landing formalities and stay there for 3-4 weeks then move to toronto ? will I have any issues with the immigration officer?
please share your insights and expériences.
I have received my PPR 3 days ago and am waiting for my COPR.
I know it might be a bit risky to land in Quebec when you are a FSW-O, but I just wana know if anyone here had the same experience.
VIP members, please advise.
@legalfalcon @scylla @Naturgrl

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello,

I got a question about the medicals. As the new decesion ask :

"As of July 7, 2022, if you receive an invitation to apply (ITA), an upfront Immigration Medical Examination (IME) is required as part of your application, whether you are in Canada or outside of Canada. Your family members, must also have their IME results, even if they aren’t coming with you.“

We did our medicals a few days before we submit our application and get "partial documents" and bill from the doctor to link with our application.

Today I receive the "complet documents" from the doctor (almost no differences). Should I send those documents to IRCC? If yes how could I do it?

I know IRCC has direct acces to the doctors documents. If they really need it from me, won't they just ask for it later?

Thanks in advance for your help

Edit : I remember it is written something about in the "help = (?)" of the corresponding supporting documents. But I can't access it anymore...
No you don't need to send IRCC anything.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have received my PPR 3 days ago and am waiting for my COPR.
I know it might be a bit risky to land in Quebec when you are a FSW-O, but I just wana know if anyone here had the same experience.
VIP members, please advise.
@legalfalcon @scylla @Naturgrl
Not sure where you are getting the info from. There is nothing in the law or regulations that prohibits you from completing your landing in Quebec. You can land at any Port of entry across Canada, including Quebec. As a FSW or PNP, you cannot settle in QC, unless you are nominated by QC.

When you land at a border crossing or a PoE at an AirPort in QC, you will be asked where you are heading to, and as long as you explain that you it is not QC, there will be no issues. Also, giving a QC address for PR cardwill raise suspicions as well, so it is better that you have an address outside QC for your PR card when you land.

As a FSW, after you are admitted into Canada as a PR, you can then settle in any part of Canada, including QC, which is your Constitutional right listed in the Charter.

See:

https://bit.ly/2DvAI7D

https://bit.ly/2KZC3ty

Jennyababy

Star Member
Mar 21, 2021
Having called IRCC yesterday to check the status of my application after seeing GU on Monday the 26th-Sept-2022. The agent told me that all the parameters have been passed (Eligibility, Security, Criminality, 2nd Medical, Info sharing - completed), and she also said every parameters having been passed since 24th of Sept. while awaiting final decision.

My VO is Vancouver.

How long does it take to get RFV now?

Reactions: AlmostThere2

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Not sure where you are getting the info from. There is nothing in the law or regulations that prohibits you from completing your landing in Quebec. You can land at any Port of entry across Canada, including Quebec. As a FSW or PNP, you cannot settle in QC, unless you are nominated by QC.

When you land at a border crossing or a PoE at an AirPort in QC, you will be asked where you are heading to, and as long as you explain that you it is not QC, there will be no issues. Also, giving a QC address for PR cardwill raise suspicions as well, so it is better that you have an address outside QC for your PR card when you land.

As a FSW, after you are admitted into Canada as a PR, you can then settle in any part of Canada, including QC, which is your Constitutional right listed in the Charter.
Thank you @legalfalcon for all the help and advice you provide in this forum

Reactions: legalfalcon

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
the US lawmakers are introducing a bill to give GC to anyone whos been living there for 7 yrs. if that goes into law the CRS will drop to 350 as nobody will want come to Canada.
Those bills never go anywhere. Indians love getting excited (and subsequently, disappointed) over those bills twice a year. It's been a theme for 20 years now.

Reactions: RSub

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Impossible to happen in this lifetime or the other.

It is just a political stunt like many others which will never see the day of light. Their immigration levels will be chocked to death by just allowing people to live in sanctuary states like New York or California for 7 years, get green card then move anywhere you want.

You have clearly missed the latest Martha's Vineyard play with immigrats from latin america by governors Ron DeSantis of Florida and Greg Abbot of Texas. They are trying as hard they can to make immigration the center of attention right next to inflation.
God bless Republicans. If I got screwed by US immigration policy, others deserve to aswell

• Haha
Reactions: ElvisRamaj

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Salaam saxiib. Passport Somali ah dhib ma keenaayo miyaa hadaan doonayo inaan Express Entry application dhiibto?
Salaam, walaal. Haa. Somaliga ma ogala. Marka Ethiopian soo qaado, kaas baa ugu fudud in la qaato.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Hey gang, saw an interesting video, wtd to have your take, especially with regards to the ranking, it got me thinking are most indians making a mistake by immigration, but ofc, immigration is a multifaceted issue.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Jail hind, someone give me an Indian passport and I will go to delhi
Salute to you too...
But on a serious note, are most people going out because of societal norms? Corruption? Or planning to return as foreigners on paper? It's the latter for me (and almost run away inflation). Just curious...

D

Deleted member 1083629

Hey gang, saw an interesting video, wtd to have your take, especially with regards to the ranking, it got me thinking are most indians making a mistake by immigration, but ofc, immigration is a multifaceted issue.
I didn't watch the video but the reason why I started the whole immigration process as someone from Russia is mainly due to the government. There is no democracy, there is no "hear me out" as a citizen. The whole economic boom was due to oil, gas and other minerals that Russia was selling. The downfall started in 2015 when Crimea was annexed. Overall, Moscow is the most advanced city I have ever been to. It beats Munich, Singapore, Milan, London. Moscow offers you everything you can think of; concerts and museums, high level tech integrated into various structures, cool startup ideas that Canada might not have for a while, great infrastructure (metro and buses). Up to 2022, many people were coming back to Russia; my former boss came back from Canada, my colleague came back from Australia. Only if we had a different government, this country would be so much more powerful.