+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Fax + Webform. Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow to figure out what the hell they did.
Yeah. I sent them webform and a week later was able to connect to an agent via call and got my address updated. I got response to my webform a month later. So, I believe calling them is the fastest way to make any updates.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Hello, I have few questions :) Any help would be great here.

A) Do we need to upload education documents for education activity in Personal History Section? or just the one I claimed in EE profile?

B) For Proof of Funds, I have funds across multiple accounts. Some deposits are very recent, for example in Account A: I have around 10K of wages deposited in past 5 weeks and for Account B I had average balance of around 10K and recently deposited another 10K from my business account. Is that okay?

C) My spouse also have 10k in Indian account to herself, for the proof that funds are available to me, is a signed letter is sufficient? or need it Notary etc?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IRCC has released lot of new data on Backlogs. Take a look.

IRCC applications at a glance: Inventories and backlogs

So, they processed more than 300k application in August, in the middle of the summer, when usually people take their yearly holidays ?

Went down from 2.7 to 2.4 Million. What have they been doing all this time ?

On a side note, it looks like 20% of the FSW backlog will be finished next year, too bad for the ones waiting in queue.

Last edited:

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
So, they processed more than 300k application in July, in the middle of the summer, when usually people take their yearly holidays ?

Went down from 2.7 to 2.4 Million. What have they been doing all this time ?

On a side note, it looks like 20% of the FSW backlog will be finished next year, too bad for the ones waiting in queue.
I wonder how many of those 300k were bulk refusals...

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello, I have few questions :) Any help would be great here.

A) Do we need to upload education documents for education activity in Personal History Section? or just the one I claimed in EE profile?

B) For Proof of Funds, I have funds across multiple accounts. Some deposits are very recent, for example in Account A: I have around 10K of wages deposited in past 5 weeks and for Account B I had average balance of around 10K and recently deposited another 10K from my business account. Is that okay?

C) My spouse also have 10k in Indian account to herself, for the proof that funds are available to me, is a signed letter is sufficient? or need it Notary etc?
A. No, just write down your activity without gaps. If you are not claiming points, it isn't necessary to upload them.

B. What do you mean 10k of wages deposited in past five weeks ? Wages are either biweekly or monthly. Plus, what matters the most is the avegare account balance for the last 6 months, so if its 10k deposited in 5 weeks, you have to explain where they came from. If your wage is paid into another bank and you withdrew them from there and deposited them here, you should explain and also show the payslips when you attach the reference letter from employer.

The deposit made from business account should have an explanaition, meaning if its a loan or profit deducted after taxes, for which you have paid already. That 10k deposit is very tricky and if I was the officer I would demand more infor about it, hence more time to process the file. My suggestion is to not mention the account, to much hassle with it.

C. If your wife is in your file applying together with PR, I believe a declaration from the notary together with adding your name to that account as someone who can use the funds/account would be necessary. If the bank is able to change your wifes account to a joint-account with your name and hers owing the account, that would better and your are good to go.

The idea is that you as a primary applicant can use those funds immidiately.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
A. No, just write down your activity without gaps. If you are not claiming points, it isn't necessary to upload them.

B. What do you mean 10k of wages deposited in past five weeks ? Wages are either biweekly or monthly. Plus, what matters the most is the avegare account balance for the last 6 months, so if its 10k deposited in 5 weeks, you have to explain where they came from. If your wage is paid into another bank and you withdrew them from there and deposited them here, you should explain and also show the payslips when you attach the reference letter from employer.

The deposit made from business account should have an explanaition, meaning if its a loan or profit deducted after taxes, for which you have paid already. That 10k deposit is very tricky and if I was the officer I would demand more infor about it, hence more time to process the file. My suggestion is to not mention the account, to much hassle with it.

C. If your wife is in your file applying together with PR, I believe a declaration from the notary together with adding your name to that account as someone who can use the funds/account would be necessary. If the bank is able to change your wifes account to a joint-account with your name and hers owing the account, that would better and your are good to go.

The idea is that you as a primary applicant can use those funds immidiately.
B. I meant 3 fortnight wages came into that account since I just started working recently at that place and wages are roughly 10K. So basically all the money in that account is from those 3 wages, for which I can present payslips if needed. I have got 6 months statement and for first 3 months balance was 20-10k and then zero for 2 months and then these wages came.

For second account, I just took 10K out of my business account as for personal use into my account. I'm the sole owner of that business, taxes profile etc calculations are done at the end of year but it's calculated based on deposits into business account so that have nothing to do with 10,000 I took out of it. The average balance for same second account is 10-20k past 6 months.

C. Bank said they can open new joint account, transfer the money. On EE page it says: If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

I think an affidavit saying that funds in the account are available to me and notarized should do the job?

Also, I can see the statements I can get from bank do not have the date account was opened neither anywhere it says the average balance! That can be issue? given balance is displayed next to all transactions for past 6 months.

D

Deleted member 994371

It's been interesting to read the character development of @stirredo. He was a proud brown who hadn't explored outside his native home - which i resoected. But now that he's traveled to Brampton, even he's started conceding to widely held 'notions' in this forum.
In order to describe what I saw in Brampton to you, I would have to introduce you to the concept of Yuga in Hindu Mythology.

Now, I am what you call a non-religious person. But once I stayed in Brampton, I am convinced that Brampton is Kali Yuga personified.

Just to describe Kali Yuga to you:

These are the characteristics of Kaliyuga:
  • violence, jealousy, falsehood, deception and slaughter of ascetics.
  • It is doubtful whether the livelihood (of the people) can be achieved even by putting up mental strain, physical exertion or prayers.
  • In Kali age people are unrighteous, unmindful of the rules of conduct, fierce in anger but deficient in power and splendor. They always utter falsehood.

Before I left my country for a "brief" period, I didn't really understand exactly what Indian culture was. Compared to the west, there is an extra level of friendliness involved in day-to-day dealings with people.

Have some guest show up at your door? Invite them into your home for tea. Someone shows up at your door in the evening? Offer them dinner. You have a medical emergency? The whole of the neighborhood will come together to help you in your time of need. Going to a city where your extended family lives? You will probably be invited to stay with them instead of staying in a hotel. If you say no, they might even be offended. Stuck in an unknown place? Ask someone for directions and they will take you to that place instead of just telling you the directions.

You get the point. In my culture, there is an obligation to go above and beyond to help someone out. There is a sense of community wherever you go. I am not well-traveled but I am willing to say that this is more of an East vs West thing. I have heard similar things in neighboring countries as well. That's not to say there is no deceit involved. Someone might try to cheat you by displaying the same level of friendliness. But it is unusual if not the norm.

In Canada (or rather the west) life is about individualism. If you tell someone about your troubles, a person is more likely to just express concern for your problem by saying something like "Oh no! That's terrible! I hope you find a solution to your problem!" There is no obligation to go above and beyond to help someone out. And at the exact same time, people will come across to you as extremely friendly. Even when people say no, they make sure that there will be no hostility between you and them. People say a lot of rhetorical things to one another upon greeting one another, which seemed rather superficial to me.

Here is what troubled me about Brampton. The Indians, over there, in order to assimilate into the "Canadian" culture lose or forget that friendliness expected when dealing with people. But at the same time, they don't let go of the bad aspects of Indian culture. For ex. being nosy, being extremely cheap and selfish, cutting corners, taking shortcuts in dubious ways etc. No one really learns how to be courteous like Canadians and all they are left with are just the bad aspects of our culture. That makes them terrible people deal with it. In fact, I would go so far as to describe them as not Indians, but as a whole new breed of people between Canadians and Indians.

Here is what I saw in Brampton:

1. The Indians over there don't talk to one another. The need to mingle, even with your neighbors which is pretty common in India, is all gone. Everyone just minds their business, which sounds like a good thing but seems strange for someone like me. When you see someone speaking your tongue, you expect some Indianness out of them, which unfortunately is missing.

2. I rented a room through a friend of a friend. Upon reaching there I realized that I was overcharged by 200%. They justified it by saying that no one really lets out a place for just a month and since you make a decent enough amount of money in India, you shouldn't worry about it. The owner of the house, upon learning how much money I made in India, tried to fleece more money out of me. I need a work desk to work during the day. It was placed in another room - his solution? Pay him a few dollars more to use that desk. We came to an agreement where I would pay a little more so that I could use some of his groceries like salts, spices, milk for tea, etc. At the end of my stay, he wanted me to pay him extra for milk again. I barely used a liter of milk, but he needed to pay that extra 6$ for the tea. I had to fight him not to charge me extra. This man owned two houses in Brampton (which go over $1 million each) and owned two really nice cars, but even then he needed extra money for tea. Other stuff included asking me to turn off the lights in my room when using the bathroom.

3. My relatives, who I was on really good terms back in my city, refused to invite me over to their place. At first, they said it is because of Corona, so you should maybe quarantine (and this was in July this year) for a few days before you come to see us. They reluctantly eventually invited me before I was leave for other cities, but treated me like a complete outsider. No warmth or friendliness at all. They also told me stuff like "My son never looks at the price of anything! He just buys whatever he likes!" to imply that I was cheap. Only after they learned that I will be traveling throughout Canada in the peak of summer (read: top dollar for flights and hotels) did they calm down and treated me more normally.

4. In order to travel between satellite cities of Toronto on weekends (because no public transport on weekends between them, go figure), I used a ride-sharing app. The Indian drivers would always ask for more money than agreed upon after I sat in their cars. Without fail. One even tried to charge me 100$ (the agreed-upon price was 20$) because other people on the ride didn't show up so now I should make up for it, otherwise he can't afford to go.

Now before you say "Duh! East is east and west is west. Of course, there are cultural differences." As an Indian, it feels very strange to go through these experiences with your own people. It feels like you woke up one day, and everyone around is just slightly more evil now. You ask yourself why to put yourself through a place like this. Why not deal with westerners, where everyone at least seems friendly on the surface, even if it's superficial.

The Indians outside of Brampton were cool. Every time I sat in a cab with an Indian driver, they would tell me their stories about how they, too, got cheated somehow by another Indian in the beginning. Everyone advised me to stay away from Brampton, at least for the initial period. They told me to only move there once I am more settled down and understand that place and its quirks.

Edit:
I did find some traces of Indian hospitality, which I forgot to mention above:

1. When I went to the bank to open the bank account, I found out that the money I transferred beforehand to an account was blocked for some reason. The branch that I visited couldn't remove the hold even after trying everything. The (Indian) lady who opened the bank account for me, kept in touch with me for three days after that incident, calling me every day and asking me if I was able to resolve my issue and how I was doing. She even offered me all kinds of good advice about various things on starting life from scratch over here. At first, I thought it was a marketing gimmick, but it turned she was just extra nice.

2. I was catching a bus between two cities from Brampton. Upon reaching my bus terminal, I mentioned my destination to my cab driver, he told me I selected the wrong bus terminal. The actual bus terminal was 4km away. He canceled his upcoming ride and took me to the right bus stop without charging me more.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
B. I meant 3 fortnight wages came into that account since I just started working recently at that place and wages are roughly 10K. So basically all the money in that account is from those 3 wages, for which I can present payslips if needed. I have got 6 months statement and for first 3 months balance was 20-10k and then zero for 2 months and then these wages came.

For second account, I just took 10K out of my business account as for personal use into my account. I'm the sole owner of that business, taxes profile etc calculations are done at the end of year but it's calculated based on deposits into business account so that have nothing to do with 10,000 I took out of it. The average balance for same second account is 10-20k past 6 months.

C. Bank said they can open new joint account, transfer the money. On EE page it says: If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

I think an affidavit saying that funds in the account are available to me and notarized should do the job?

Also, I can see the statements I can get from bank do not have the date account was opened neither anywhere it says the average balance! That can be issue? given balance is displayed next to all transactions for past 6 months.
B. The 10k from wages looks good, but the account history is not. From 20k to zero to 10k, its a bit too much. What account did you show as POF when you received the nomination from Alberta or they didn't ask for it ?

For second account, as I told you, if I am the officer, I would really ask some more questions regarding that 10k. When you transfered that money from the business account, what was the reason? Personal use is no valid reason because as in any business you would need to declare spendings, and based on them pay tax accordingly, so until you pay the taxes on that money its technically a loan.

I don't know how they check them at the IRCC, but I sure as hell dig deeper onto them than to give you a pass on those funds.

C. The affidavit is just a declaration, but if you include your name in the spouse's account, as in using the account with full privilege, you can get a statement from the bank that "Account X in the name of Ms. XX, has full privilege user even the husband YX or such". That would be considered as prove.

You should get a statement from the bank stating the date your account was opened, amount it has currently in it and if the user has any current outstanding debt witht he bank. This is different than "bank statement" and its mandatory to get it from the bank to confirm that the money is yours, free of debt and to be used immidiately.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
In order to describe what I saw in Brampton to you, I would have to introduce you to the concept of Yuga in Hindu Mythology.

Now, I am what you call a non-religious person. But once I stayed in Brampton, I am convinced that Brampton is Kali Yuga personified.

Just to describe Kali Yuga to you:

Before I left my country for a "brief" period, I didn't really understand exactly what Indian culture was. Compared to the west, there is an extra level of friendliness involved in day-to-day dealings with people.

Have some guest show up at your door? Invite them into your home for tea. Someone shows up at your door in the evening? Offer them dinner. You have a medical emergency? The whole of the neighborhood will come together to help you in your time of need. Going to a city where your extended family lives? You will probably be invited to stay with them instead of staying in a hotel. If you say no, they might even be offended. Stuck in an unknown place? Ask someone for directions and they will take you to that place instead of just telling you the directions.

You get the point. In my culture, there is an obligation to go above and beyond to help someone out. There is a sense of community wherever you go. I am not well-traveled but I am willing to say that this is more of an East vs West thing. I have heard similar things in neighboring countries as well. That's not to say there is no deceit involved. Someone might try to cheat you by displaying the same level of friendliness. But it is unusual if not the norm.

In Canada (or rather the west) life is about individualism. If you tell someone about your troubles, a person is more likely to just express concern for your problem by saying something like "Oh no! That's terrible! I hope you find a solution to your problem!" There is no obligation to go above and beyond to help someone out. And at the exact same time, people will come across to you as extremely friendly. Even when people say no, they make sure that there will be no hostility between you and them. People say a lot of rhetorical things to one another upon greeting one another, which seemed rather superficial to me.

Here is what troubled me about Brampton. The Indians, over there, in order to assimilate into the "Canadian" culture lose or forget that friendliness expected when dealing with people. But at the same time, they don't let go of the bad aspects of Indian culture. For ex. being nosy, being extremely cheap and selfish, cutting corners, taking shortcuts in dubious ways etc. No one really learns how to be courteous like Canadians and all they are left with are just the bad aspects of our culture. That makes them terrible people deal with it. In fact, I would go so far as to describe them as not Indians, but as a whole new breed of people between Canadians and Indians.

Here is what I saw in Brampton:

1. The Indians over there don't talk to one another. The need to mingle, even with your neighbors which is pretty common in India, is all gone. Everyone just minds their business, which sounds like a good thing but seems strange for someone like me. When you see someone speaking your tongue, you expect some Indianness out of them, which unfortunately is missing.

2. I rented a room through a friend of a friend. Upon reaching there I realized that I was overcharged by 200%. They justified it by saying that no one really lets out a place for just a month and since you make a decent enough amount of money in India, you shouldn't worry about it. The owner of the house, upon learning how much money I made in India, tried to fleece more money out of me. I need a work desk to work during the day. It was placed in another room - his solution? Pay him a few dollars more to use that desk. We came to an agreement where I would pay a little more so that I could use some of his groceries like salts, spices, milk for tea, etc. At the end of my stay, he wanted me to pay him extra for milk again. I barely used a liter of milk, but he needed to pay that extra 6$ for the tea. I had to fight him not to charge me extra. This man owned two houses in Brampton (which go over $1 million each) and owned two really nice cars, but even then he needed extra money for tea. Other stuff included asking me to turn off the lights in my room when using the bathroom.

3. My relatives, who I was on really good terms back in my city, refused to invite me over to their place. At first, they said it is because of Corona, so you should maybe quarantine (and this was in July this year) for a few days before you come to see us. They reluctantly eventually invited me before I was leave for other cities, but treated me like a complete outsider. No warmth or friendliness at all. They also told me stuff like "My son never looks at the price of anything! He just buys whatever he likes!" to imply that I was cheap. Only after they learned that I will be traveling throughout Canada in the peak of summer (read: top dollar for flights and hotels) did they calm down and treated me more normally.

4. In order to travel between satellite cities of Toronto on weekends (because no public transport on weekends between them, go figure), I used a ride-sharing app. The Indian drivers would always ask for more money than agreed upon after I sat in their cars. Without fail. One even tried to charge me 100$ (the agreed-upon price was 20$) because other people on the ride didn't show up so now I should make up for it, otherwise he can't afford to go.

Now before you say "Duh! East is east and west is west. Of course, there are cultural differences." As an Indian, it feels very strange to go through these experiences with your own people. It feels like you woke up one day, and everyone around is just slightly more evil now. You ask yourself why to put yourself through a place like this. Why not deal with westerners, where everyone at least seems friendly on the surface, even if it's superficial.

The Indians outside of Brampton were cool. Every time I sat in a cab with an Indian driver, they would tell me their stories about how they, too, got cheated somehow by another Indian in the beginning. Everyone advised me to stay away from Brampton, at least for the initial period. They told me to only move there once I am more settled down and understand that place and its quirks.
Thanks for sharing. Interesting analysis

Reactions: RSub

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Thats why badder @stirredo with a demographic-limited immigration you wouldn't have such places that personify Kali Yuga.

Listen to bradder @ElvisRamaj because he has done his homework.