+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I also thought that but apparently it is possible.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29

The issue here is with the "Valid job offer". To me it doesn't make sense to ask my current employer to make me another job offer letter and state clearly they will employ me if I am accepted as a permanent resident.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1011&top=29
If your current employment letter says you are permanently employed and you have a valid LMIA, then going by that second link, you can claim the points.
Before being approved for PR, IRCC will contact you (after you submit your PR application for processing) to provide them with convincing evidence that you intend to leave Quebec once PR is granted. For that you'll need to make sure you have your ducks in a row...

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I also thought that but apparently it is possible.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29

The issue here is with the "Valid job offer". To me it doesn't make sense to ask my current employer to make me another job offer letter and state clearly they will employ me if I am accepted as a permanent resident.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1011&top=29
Oh wait, I just saw the part about the letter stating they will employ you for a year after PR. That part is very important as I have seen people reporting refusals because their offer letter did not indicate that (but this were people that applied for PR based on a job offer).

On the flip side, with your current CRS scores I don't think you'll need the extra points. You should be able to get an ITA in the first few draws.

Reactions: meddreamer81

dreamneli

Apr 28, 2022
Hi future Canadian neighbors, I really need your opinions. My spouse just got his study permit application approved. He is supposed to start studies in September. I also received an NOI from Ontario and already submitted my application a month ago. I am not sure when I will get nomination. My question is since PR is our main goal (he applied for his visa at that time because we weren't sure I would get a NOI ), should I encourage him to wait patiently till I get the PPR and save the school fees money for something else ? Please note that his school is in Nova Scotia and if I receive nomination and eventually PPR we need to stay in Ontario till Citizenship as per my understanding. What do you guys think?

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Thanks, man. Also, I see on the vfs website that they DO have walk in passport submission on Saturdays for people who DO NOT book a 2 way courier. This is in select cities and would be ideal. So just to confirm, I do not need to book anything online for this, correct? I can just walk in with my package (Passport + Height Eye colour + 2 photos + Printout of PPR email)? Anything I am missing?
I am not sure about walk in ,in india you have to pay a fee for 2 way courier then you will get a awb number and blue dart will pick from your home.
You need passport
Ppr letter
2 pic (according to their spec attested by the photographer)
They will send an email once you pay you have to take a print out and place it inside the envelope
Vfs consent form
If any extra documents is asked then add It
Your height weight eye color sheet
@stirredo did I miss something
I shared a video before, I am not able to find the link now

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am not sure about walk in ,in india you have to pay a fee for 2 way courier then you will get a awb number and blue dart will pick from your home.
You need passport
Ppr letter
They will send an email once you pay you have to take a print out and place it inside the envelope
Vfs consent form
Prior to covid, passport submission did not require any appointment, it was just walk in and submit kind of process. Not sure how is it now. Better to contact vfs and check. @axmac

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I am not able to link the pr card to my application, I tried everything even including sending the webform is it because it is only 13 days

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am not able to link the pr card to my application, I tried everything even including sending the webform is it because it is only 13 days
Hope place of birth is as per passport- CITY,(SPACE)STATE. You need to account for comma and space.

Tip: If in past you had ordered GMCS, look for place of birth there and enter exact same way

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hope place of birth is as per passport- CITY,(SPACE)STATE. You need to account for comma and space.

Tip: If in past you had ordered GMCS, look for place of birth there and enter exact same way
Thank you very much, the whole time I was being an idiot just entering the city name not including the name of the state .
Thank you I was able to link it
But it looks like a pr application about eligibility and all.ADr...

Reactions: CNP
D

Deleted member 994371

You need passport
Ppr letter
Vfs consent form
That seems about it.

Reactions: PRANIT01

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you very much, the whole time I was being an idiot just entering the city name not including the name of the state .
Thank you I was able to link it
But it looks like a pr application about eligibility and all.ADr...
Yep, application is exactly same as pr application. Nothing significant when it comes to pr card. You get 2 updates - 1. When pr card is sent for printing 2. When is it mailed out to address provided.

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Prior to covid, passport submission did not require any appointment, it was just walk in and submit kind of process. Not sure how is it now. Better to contact vfs and check. @axmac
Thanks, I could just be extremely fortunate that this update came today morning about re-opening walk ins on Saturdays.
I'm on my way to the VFS office now.

I'll update you people on how it goes.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

cpr2019

Nov 10, 2019
Hi....once you soft land and they tell you that the pr card will arrive in 3-4 months...is there anything that needs to be done...because I just read in few posts above of " linking the pr card to the application"...and I don't have access to the application as my agent is handling it..