FSW WORLDWIDE

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
Just need an advice. How much days old Proof of funds certificate from my home country’s bank is acceptable at the airport upon landing?

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi Guys,
Just need an advice. How much days old Proof of funds certificate from my home country’s bank is acceptable at the airport upon landing?
First of all they don't check (99%) what I did was take the statement of a month or 2 like within 10 days of your travel.The statement should contain the closing balance also.
I did like this ,I carried less than 10 k because I don't want to go through the hassle in customs you have to declare if the money is above 10k cad (which includes financial instruments such as Draft,cash,forex card)
So just carry 8000 in forec some 1600 in cash because if your card don't work you will be messed up (99% it will work) but it is not worth taking that 1% risk.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
24-36 hours max. I got mine in 2 days or so. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow. What VO is landing now? If Calgary, then you are in luck as they are very fast :).
Oh yeah! I got it yesterday. Yes, it's Calgary. Submitting photos today :) Any idea about PR card processing timing?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Guys, the ECA ref number has letters inside the report, should I include them in EE profile ?
The ref number in my wes profile is for example Ref#: 564196, also the ECA pdf file name is 564196 which is the Ref number,
but inside the report (top right of the page) it is written as : Ref#: 564196IMM, should I include those "IMM" or not when i add it to my EE profile ?
You need to add the "IMM" in. It indicates that the WES was done specifically for IRCC for the purpose of immigration. IRCC will not accept any other WES report besides the one done for immigration purposes.

Reactions: sidou

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Hey folks!!! I received my Ready for Visa email on 13 June. Had taken a long break from these forums in 2021. I can't see a lot of the older folks, guess everyone got their PPRs already?

I am planning to send the two photographs and passport to VFS Global on 18th or 21st June.

How many days does it take to get back the stamped passport? I plan to send it to VFS, Delhi, India office.

Last edited:

Sean Fraser

Jan 13, 2022
Conservative way of life. People hang out with their families and friends outside the city rather than going to downtown to sit in a bar with strangers. If you're looking to see people get outdoorsy. Expect not being included though because you can imagine a tight family/friend group wouldn't be very interested in including a total stranger (especially if said stranger is a fresh immigrant).
West is west mate

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hey folks!!! I received my Ready for Visa email on 13 June. Had taken a long break from these forums in 2021. I can't see a lot of the older folks, guess everyone got their PPRs already?

I am planning to send the two photographs and passport to VFS Global on 18th or 21st June.

How many days does it take to get back the stamped passport? I plan to send it to VFS, Delhi, India office.
Usually 10-15 days can go up to 30 though (even though rare)

axmac

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Usually 10-15 days can go up to 30 though (even though rare)
Thanks, man. Also, I see on the vfs website that they DO have walk in passport submission on Saturdays for people who DO NOT book a 2 way courier. This is in select cities and would be ideal. So just to confirm, I do not need to book anything online for this, correct? I can just walk in with my package (Passport + Height Eye colour + 2 photos + Printout of PPR email)? Anything I am missing?

meddreamer81

Jun 17, 2022
Hello Guys,
I am waiting in the pool for the next FSW Draw with a score of 495.
In the meanwhile I have moved to Canada, Quebec, 3 months ago and started a job, Full time, with a Work Permit(Closed 2 years) and a valid LMIA.

I have two questions please:
Q1 : Does my job offer letter used to get the Work Permit can be considered a valid job offer letter? Can I answer "yes" in the Express entry profile to get the extra 50 points?
Q2: Do I need to have a proof of funds, knowing that I am already established in Canada?

Thanks for answering.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello Guys,
I am waiting in the pool for the next FSW Draw with a score of 495.
In the meanwhile I have moved to Canada, Quebec, 3 months ago and started a job, Full time, with a Work Permit(Closed 2 years) and a valid LMIA.

I have two questions please:
Q1 : Does my job offer letter used to get the Work Permit can be considered a valid job offer letter? Can I answer "yes" in the Express entry profile to get the extra 50 points?
Q2: Do I need to have a proof of funds, knowing that I am already established in Canada?

Thanks for answering.
I am not sure if job offer in Quebec will give you points for EE as quebec residents are not eligible for EE. You cannot apply for Express Entry if resident in Quebec. You will need to provide solid proof that you will do not intend to stay in Quebec (which will be hard, seeing as you have a 2 year working contract in Quebec).

Reactions: meddreamer81

meddreamer81

Jun 17, 2022
I am not sure if job offer in Quebec will give you points for EE as quebec residents are not eligible for EE. You cannot apply for Express Entry if resident in Quebec. You will need to provide solid proof that you will do not intend to stay in Quebec (which will be hard, seeing as you have a 2 year working contract in Quebec).
I also thought that but apparently it is possible.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=382&top=29

The issue here is with the "Valid job offer". To me it doesn't make sense to ask my current employer to make me another job offer letter and state clearly they will employ me if I am accepted as a permanent resident.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1011&top=29