+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Most people have visiting mountains, museums, and hiking trails on their wish list. I'd like to visit the biggest car parking of a empty Walmart or Costco. You don't how big of a deal that is for someone who has lived in a congested place like I have.
oh yeah it was a big deal for me too. i come from a country with 7000 people per sq km, so I know how liberating it feels to be here in canada

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
you might already know this, but getting a costco membership as a new immigrant is super worth it. like, i kick myself for not getting a costco membership early on and using it to buy good quality non-consumables and gas at discounted prices. like for example, i just bought a chef's knife from costco for $90, and its listed at $135 on amazon. i bought a vacuum with freaking headlights so you can clean the inside of closets for only $129 there too. you can get kitchen appliances, clothes, and some furniture there too
And Costco provides best customer service. Flexible return policy and the TV's comes with extra warranty so does some of the Electronics.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
you might already know this, but getting a costco membership as a new immigrant is super worth it. like, i kick myself for not getting a costco membership early on and using it to buy good quality non-consumables and gas at discounted prices. like for example, i just bought a chef's knife from costco for $90, and its listed at $135 on amazon. i bought a vacuum with freaking headlights so you can clean the inside of closets for only $129 there too. you can get kitchen appliances, clothes, and some furniture there too
Only do this if you get a car or if you have a large family. The economics doesn't work out if you're single/couple and don't have a car.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don't have Costco membership yet because they don't have good deals at the store in Regina. Maybe I just haven't looked closely enough.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Most people have visiting mountains, museums, and hiking trails on their wish list. I'd like to visit the biggest car parking of a empty Walmart or Costco. You don't how big of a deal that is for someone who has lived in a congested place like I have.
Your first Costco, Walmart, Ikea, and other big store visits will be a good experience.

D

Deleted member 994371

And Costco provides best customer service. Flexible return policy and the TV's comes with extra warranty so does some of the Electronics.

Which membership did you get? 60$ or the 120$ membership?

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I don't have Costco membership yet because they don't have good deals at the store in Regina. Maybe I just haven't looked closely enough.
Costco deals are same everywhere. And tires and Batteries in Costco are the cheapest (plus quality). If you purchase tires from them, it will be cheaper to change your winter and summer tires. Also, oil change is cheaper in Costco.

Reactions: wonderbly

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Which membership did you get? 60$ or the 120$ membership?
$120 and also Costco citi credit card for that 4% cash back. I am sharing it with my sibling so our cash back pays for the membership. We are living in two different state (Kinda cheating and being cheap....lol). I am gonna just carry the same membership to Canada.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Costco deals are same everywhere. And tires and Batteries in Costco are the cheapest (plus quality). If you purchase tires from them, it will be cheaper to change your winter and summer tires. Also, oil change is cheaper in Costco.
No they aren't. My sister lives in Ottawa and she always sends me stuff about deals at Costco (mostly groceries and kiddies stuff) but when I go check the website for my local store, it almost always say the sales are not available in my province.

Also, they don't carry some of the items my sister can find in ON.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
No they aren't. My sister lives in Ottawa and she always sends me stuff about deals at Costco (mostly groceries and kiddies stuff) but when I go check the website for my local store, it almost always say the sales are not available in my province.

Also, they don't carry some of the items my sister can find in ON.
I think groceries vary, true. Costco does sell products based on the demographics.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
What can my Indian nose expect to smell in Canada? What does their food smell like? Do they also have distinct smells that I might not be used to?
My office pantry at times smells of sea food and that smell according to me is nauseating. One of the apartment complex where we were planning to buy a home last month had similar issue. Someone had cooked boiled octopus or something and it was really really hard to stand in common area.

D

Deleted member 994371

My office pantry at times smells of sea food and that smell according to me is nauseating. One of the apartment complex where we were planning to buy a home last month had similar issue. Someone had cooked boiled octopus or something and it was really really hard to stand in common area.
Is it the wood construction to blame? How come we don't hear about these problems in India? I have never heard a north Indian complaining about a south Indian smelling and vice versa.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It still gets stuck on our dresses. Better to bath or put a new dress and go out.
If you look at certain east asian cultures, they pack their individual dresses in plastic or paper bags after ironing. Among the other things, this protects your clothes from accumulating smell. When they venture outside, they wear their outside dress.