+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

DavidBurke

Mar 25, 2022
They want permanent address, so I just said I didn’t have one yet. They give you a form explaining how to change your address, but the easiest way is calling IRCC. I selected option 3 when I called and requested to talk to an agent and it went through, while selecting the option to update your file, it would always say there was no agent available. Took 5 minutes to change address.
That’s helpful too. Thank you.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I recently had to visit an emergency ward in India. My family member was seen within 15 minutes and I walked out of there with a total bill of 750Rs. All the reports were given to me within an hour as well.

I doubt I would get a similar service in a so-called first-world country. Of course, this is a scenario where everything went right and my family member turned out to be ok.

Yeah, yeah - I know. "If you don't like it, stay back." I am an Indian. I have now invested in this and I am not getting out until I get my money's worth.
I have seen similar in Canada too. In walk-in clinics and in Urgent and Primary Care Clinics. What is not happening in Canada is getting a family physician who maintains and cares for your family medical needs over a very long time. Coming to emergencies, it is well triaged in Canada. My mother fell down from stairs. We got her CT scan, X ray and Dr consult under 2-3 hours in Canada at our local hospital. It was a saturday to boot. I went in panic due minor fever for my 2 months old son once in night (weekend). They made us sit for 8 hours because vital etc all were normal.

Its chronic care that is getting disrupted in Canada due to Drs getting retired and very few family physicians available.

Chronic care in India is seldom done by government and is most left to individuals.

Now if you are unlucky to require emergency during a public health crisis -- think second wave in India kind of crisis; both Canada and India will not matter. None of the plans work then. Difference here is that public health tries its level best to avoid that situation.

Last edited:

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
1. You cannot travel without your extension approval. Period. Try premium processing.
2. If you get your extension approved, get the original I797 which will have your new I94 and you can travel to Canada/Mexico and stay 30 days and return to US within 30 days.

That's about the only thing you can do, forget about H1B visa appointments in Canada they are booked for foreseeable future.
Thank you. I also emailed my company lawyer. They are not supportive of any kind of international travel for the next 6 months regardless of extension approval. Not sure of the reason. The 30-day stay in Canada/Mexico, is that auto validation?

D

Deleted member 994371

BC started "Mohalla Clinics" of sorts called Primary and Urgent Care Clinics. Its common place for Drs and RNs with proper training to consult without expense of running a clinic.
Isn't BC ruled by NDP which is like the AAP version of Canada?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Damn bro... I thought Kangaroo was exaggerating about the situation in Vancouver but it sounds like sh*t. I thought it was supposed to be beautiful British Columbia. Even in Toronto (or anywhere in Ontario), there's nothing like that here
Don't get me wrong, its beautiful. Its just neither British, nor Columbian. It is more like Hong Kong or Singapore. Though not as dense.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
What's the point of paying 50% of your wages in taxes when you can't even be assigned a family doctor? If I am not assigned a family doctor, that means I paying for someone else's treatment but not my own.

If no family doctor has been assigned to me, I should be allowed a tax cut so that I can afford private insurance that will guarantee me treatment when I need it.
IDK why people keep mentioning super-high or 50% taxes in Canada. Unless you're making more than a million a year, you wouldn't reach that level. The net tax rate for 100k income is around 25%. For 200k, it's around 33%. It's similar to places like Califonria/NY in the US where they have a state tax and where you don't even get free healthcare and it's lower than most places in Europe.

2022 Personal tax calculator | EY Canada (eytaxcalculators.com)

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
IDK why people keep mentioning super-high or 50% taxes in Canada. Unless you're making more than a million a year, you wouldn't reach that level. The net tax rate for 100k income is around 25%. For 200k, it's around 33%. It's similar to places like Califonria/NY in the US where they have a state tax and where you don't even get free healthcare and it's lower than most places in Europe.

2022 Personal tax calculator | EY Canada (eytaxcalculators.com)
It's the sales tax and the carbon tax.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Got my sin number today after 2 hr wait outside service canada if you are in calgary use this location because it is faster and efficient when compared to other in the city ,but it is bit far from the city and they allow walk in.
23 Sunpark Dr SE #120, Calgary, AB T2X 3V1
It's faster because it's literally in the middle of nowhere...

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Got my sin number today after 2 hr wait outside service canada if you are in calgary use this location because it is faster and efficient when compared to other in the city ,but it is bit far from the city and they allow walk in.
23 Sunpark Dr SE #120, Calgary, AB T2X 3V1
Are you using rental car or public transportation?