+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Making $300+ is nice profit, but making $2000+ is an enormous, unjustifiable, fucking huge profit for just a fucking filing.

Good for you though for getting PPR.
Yes and no, would you know how to defend your position in front of the court, would you know towards which law act to refer to? Would you know all the procedure if something would go wrong? Simple answer is, NO ;) this is what you are paying for.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes and no, would you know how to defend your position in front of the court, would you know towards which law act to refer to? Would you know all the procedure if something would go wrong? Simple answer is, NO ;) this is what you are paying for.
Since I have a degree in Law, I can very well tell you that "yes", $2000 is an outrageous sum of money for a freaking "filing".

How much is he going to charge you later on, when he really starts to defend your case ? What will he defend exactly, because the case is already laid out. You applied 3 years ago, supplied every document IRCC requested and haven't got a decision yet. The Supreme Court I believe took out Covid as an excuse for IRCC to delay the application processing, so what is there left to argue ? Everything is already documented.

Law is pretty straight forward and categorized. A good memory, a law book and being able to communicate can take you far, especially for these simple cases.

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Since I have a degree in Law, I can very well tell you that "yes", $2000 is an outrageous sum of money for a freaking "filing".

How much is he going to charge you later on, when he really starts to defend your case ? What will he defend exactly, because the case is already laid out. You applied 3 years ago, supplied every document IRCC requested and haven't got a decision yet. The Supreme Court I believe took out Covid as an excuse for IRCC to delay the application processing, so what is there left to argue ? Everything is already documented.

Law is pretty straight forward and categorized. A good memory, a law book and being able to communicate can take you far, especially for these simple cases.
Iv beeeeen saying this entire mandumbass process is scammy. $2000 just to submit a standardized piece of paper? Lmaooo
Effectively 'filing' costs more than the actual PR Application fee+ RPRF? FOH!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ElvisRamaj

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020

Well you have no other option if you are an outlander. $1000 seems cheap compared to what I have seen quoted elsewhere. I remember one other user, maybe @ImpatientAlligator, had a consultation with a lawyer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they quoted $3500 for just filing (on top of 3500 for the first stage where you send the performance request to IRCC). I have seen 3000-4000 to be the standard until the filing step, from the anecdotes I have seen online. So $1000 seems cheap in that regard. Now is $1000 a rip-off? Probably, but that's a different question.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
No the application for leave and judicial review for a Writ of Mandamus was filed at the federal court in Vancouver (and I received communication/confirmation from the federal court). This was only for filing though, no arguments or anything were prepared yet, that would have been more expensive, and I was prepared to pay more but then got my PPR, so just the filing seemed to have worked

Edited to add: It actually only costs $50 to file a Notice of Application at the federal court (you can look it up), so all these lawyers charging $2000+ for simply filing are making nice profit
That's interesting, thanks. I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind
- Did you send a performance request to IRCC before filing Mandamus or did you skip this step?
- Did they give a ballpark of how much it would cost, if IRCC didn't settle?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well you have no other option if you are an outlander. $1000 seems cheap compared to what I have seen quoted elsewhere. I remember one other user, maybe @ImpatientAlligator, had a consultation with a lawyer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they quoted $3500 for just filing (on top of 3500 for the first stage where you send the performance request to IRCC). I have seen 3000-4000 to be the standard until the filing step, from the anecdotes I have seen online. So $1000 seems cheap in that regard. Now is $1000 a rip-off? Probably, but that's a different question.
Unbelievable! I definitely need to become a lawyer there.

There is no business that you can generate 1900% Return on Investment like that.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
That's interesting, thanks. I have a couple more questions, if you don't mind
- Did you send a performance request to IRCC before filing Mandamus or did you skip this step?
- Did they give a ballpark of how much it would cost, if IRCC didn't settle?
Have you ever tried to send an email to IRCC and request politely how long is it going to take to receive an answer for your application?

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Have you ever tried to send an email to IRCC and request politely how long is it going to take to receive an answer for your application?
I have raised webforms to that effect last year, which were promptly ignored. I will do it again soon, but it is a bit early since it has only been a couple of weeks since I submitted some upfront docs. Also I'm Sept 2020 AOR, so I just crossed the 18 month mark. I will probably send a performance request within a month and if there is no reply, go forward with at least the filing stage of Mandamus. The only thing I'm wondering is, if say IRCC doesn't want to settle and proceed with the case, then can I choose not to do that and stop at that stage, so that I don't have to pay potentially tens of thousands of dollars of legal feels. In other words, can I use the filing stage as a bluff? I would not think twice about paying a couple thousand dollars if that is indeed the case, since the success rate seems pretty high.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have raised webforms to that effect last year, which were promptly ignored. I will do it again soon, but it is a bit early since it has only been a couple of weeks since I submitted some upfront docs. Also I'm Sept 2020 AOR, so I just crossed the 18 month mark. I will probably send a performance request within a month and if there is no reply, go forward with at least the filing stage of Mandamus. The only thing I'm wondering is, if say IRCC doesn't want to settle and proceed with the case, then can I choose not to do that and stop at that stage, so that I don't have to pay potentially tens of thousands of dollars of legal feels. In other words, can I use the filing stage as a bluff? I would not think twice about paying a couple thousand dollars if that is indeed the case, since the success rate seems pretty high.
In my opinion, you can send a performance request but delay the Mandamus until at least you reach the 24th month of AOR.

I strongly believe that the IRCC is moving forward with the FSW applications and yours could be finished around the corner, especially if its not complex. I really don't advise to use Mandamus as a bluff though. Depending on how much you value Canada, a little more waiting can't hurt you.

Reactions: cpr2019

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
2nd option: Study French. I boosted my score to 511 by passing the B2 threshold on all skills. Also, given my previous experience with IELTS, I should say the TCF is easier...not that much of a mess to pass the writing threshold
Hello Chris,

Planning to give the TCF exam and had a few doubts. Can i contact you to get some clarification?

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
Got 493 when I received my ITA in September 2020. Outlander and got C2 in TCF, B2 in IELTS, 2 diploma with one as 4 years study, 38 years old, at least 3 years experience and got my wife to score high in TCF-CANADA.

Whoever want to do à French test would advise to go for TCF-CANADA instead of TEF-CANADA.
Hello Elsa,

Planning to give TCF Canada.Have a few doubts.Can I contact you to get some clarifications?

Deepa52

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
In my opinion, you can send a performance request but delay the Mandamus until at least you reach the 24th month of AOR.

I strongly believe that the IRCC is moving forward with the FSW applications and yours could be finished around the corner, especially if its not complex. I really don't advise to use Mandamus as a bluff though. Depending on how much you value Canada, a little more waiting can't hurt you.
Word complex is really irritating , what is considered to be complex,
I am in Canada since 6 years, no issues with tax
no criminal record
yes i have travelled few countries over the time
i have multiple degrees

IS this complex? now i am on 17 months of processing,

Reactions: RSub