+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
I just logged into my IRCC account ( I am pathetic, I do this everyday). I noticed the 'current status' row say 'Application profile updated' but when I clicked the link, I saw nothing changed (Eligibility still pending, etc even though I know from GCMS that it has passed. See signature).

After clicking the link, the current status went back to 'submitted'. Is this the ghost update I've been waiting for?
Just happened to me too. I think it’s a system glitch. Nothing to worry about.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Can`t really see a connection here. I feel like Canada`s institutions shouldn`t be that dependent on political events. But yeah, everything is possible
Yeah. None of us know why anything is happening the way it is, unfortunately. I'm waiting patiently to hear IRCC's reason for not processing anything other than CEC apps right now. I don't get why the website still says they have "limited capacity" to process any other kind of application. Why?

Just a simple explanation of what's going on and what their plans are would go a long way for us.
I refreshed a few times before clicking the link. The status changed back to 'submitted' only after I clicked the link (meaning I've read the status). I'm hopping that it's the case that someone changed something on my file.
Interesting. Well, for your sake I hope it means something. :) So, they extended your meds back in April? I wonder why they did that and then didn't give you PPR. Why not just wait to give you the medical extension then? So weird. Do you know which medical category you fall under (M1, M2, M3, etc.)?

Reactions: ImpatientAlligator

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Interesting. Well, for your sake I hope it means something. :) So, they extended your meds back in April? I wonder why they did that and then didn't give you PPR. Why not just wait to give you the medical extension then? So weird. Do you know which medical category you fall under (M1, M2, M3, etc.)?
Can you elaborate what those categories are? I think extending medicals without giving PPR is the norm for FSWs.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Can you elaborate what those categories are? I think extending medicals without giving PPR is the norm for FSWs.
Sure! :) There are various categories that we are placed in, based on our risk categorization. Risk to costing Canada too much money, basically.
  • M1: the least risky category.
  • M2: potential risk.
  • M3: a health condition is present, but not expected to be a risk.
  • M4; M5; M6: inadmissible because of the level of risk.
There are a number of other categories which you can view here, but those are the common ones.

You can find your medical number by searching your GCMS notes. In the section titled "Medical", there will be a line that says, "M Profile". That should have your category number. And underneath that should be a description. Let me know if you need more help! :)

Reactions: WPGBound

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
You can find your medical number by searching your GCMS notes. In the section titled "Medical", there will be a line that says, "M Profile". That should have your category number. And underneath that should be a description. Let me know if you need more help! :)
Thanks for the explanation. I'm categorized as "1" under M profile.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Are you gonna order notes again now? Could be a good idea. :)

I wonder why those offices have the biggest backlogs.
Because they really haven't been working at full capacity for 18months, and they never stopped accepting applications. Safe to say that most(if not all) of the applications received post March 18th 2020 aren't finalized yet. Add the applications they had in the works before March 18th as well.

I feel nothing has really changed because we still can not tell if these guys are back at the office. I read somewhere that all federal workers have till end of September to get vaccinated. Maybe that's a tentative date to resuming full in-office activities across board?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
IRCC, haha. Is it true you get more security info from CBSA?
I am not sure but I don't think so. I think the s16 thingy is valid across board. My security hasn't started in the last notes I received. Ordered another one some two weeks ago. It's been some 3months since the first one so I want to see if anything has changed.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
I feel nothing has really changed because we still can not tell if these guys are back at the office. I read somewhere that all federal workers have till end of September to get vaccinated. Maybe that's a tentative date to resuming full in-office activities across board?
That's the situation in Mexico VO : "The Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City continues to work with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This therefore limits our capacity to provide regular case updates to all applicants. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so."

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
why pause cec not pnp?
I wasn't aware there was a PNP draw. I see draw-related articles sometimes on CICNews, but I don't open them all. I think I saw something about PNP recently. Who knows, bro? Only IRCC knows what they're planning.