+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
agree with you, this LMIA buying needs to stop. Can the ones inland do something about it? tell authorities about his LMIA fiasco. People who buy LMIA should be DEPORTED
LMIA purchasing is big business. They're going for 40 to 50K from what I heard and its the last resort for a lamda. They will take a loan on top of existing loan for college. Don't forget their car loan.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
agree with you, this LMIA buying needs to stop. Can the ones inland do something about it? tell authorities about his LMIA fiasco. People who buy LMIA should be DEPORTED
The only way you will come across LMIA buying people is if you are yourself doing it. Usually it is small businesses, doing some stuff in construction etc. There are people here who post their stories of being in soup due to LMIA buying, they seldom post their employers.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
NY is still okay. Go to Bay area once, they'll make you feel you are not doing anything beyond lifestyle :D
Yes nothing can beat the work experience in the Bay, No doubt it is the place to be if you are work in a FAANG company or doing cutting edge tech work. There is amazing food and stuff to do also. But the Bay also has more cons, lifestyle suffers much due to stress, peer pressure, high living costs and extreme levels of income tax. Personally i hate the messy, smelly downtown and loitering homeless druggies there. On the other hand I was travelling to San Diego for work a lot last year, nothing can beat the lifestyle in southern California. The Sun, the sand, the sea, ssh don't tell my wife about my ex-fiance from 2006 who lives there and is still single. So inspired by the San Diego weather, I heard somewhere Vancouver and parts of BC has this great places and weather. I spent a couple of weeks vacationing in Vancouver early spring this year. But daily rains, gloom and clouds simply depressed me too much. I can understand why @GandiBaat makes those truly sad posts.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Since I already got my COPR, I feel that Canada should:
  1. Reduce immigration target to mitigate the housing crisis
  2. Implement a more stringent category-based draw to better target the labor market
  3. Implement a country-cap immigration system for diversity
  4. Reduce CRS points from universities that are not UofT, McGill, UBC, and Waterloo
  5. Require LMIA to enter the Express Entry pool
  6. Reduce Federal quota and increase PNP quota
  7. BUILD THE WALL!!!!
It's time for Canada to put CANADA FIRST!!
LET'S MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN!!!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Just finished watching my brother's graduation ceremony of his diploma mill degree. And this is at a University in GTA.
Not. A. Single. Chinese student. Although this could be due to covid lock down in China.
98% Indians, 2% a mix of Africans/ philipinos.

At first it was weird, then funny, then a little worrying, and then downright saddening.

I hope these young kids figure out a way to success but when the head of the institute is wishing them luck coz they're graduating in an exceptionally challenging landscape, can't imagine what they'll be going through.
For all the tough talks from my end on this topic - landing here and seeing them has made me change my stance. Maybe(likely) they were stupid to believe in this student->PR route, but these govts(Federal, Provincial) and scam diploma mills knew better and still decided to let it happen.

I'll actively try not to kick them when they are already down. Millions of them will go back, but I hope the deserving ones do get what they want. If your brother needs any tips on learning french or even job related help, feel free to ask me or tap your network here. We will try to do what we can.

Reactions: imransyed and _V_K_

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I was just reading an article on the effect of housing on health. It's worse than being a former smoker apparently for the renters. It makes you age faster. I feel like life expectancy will drop starting from millennials.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I was just reading an article on the effect of housing on health. It's worse than being a former smoker apparently for the renters. It makes you age faster. I feel like life expectancy will drop starting from millennials.
You meant the international students right?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Not. A. Single. Chinese student. Although this could be due to covid lock down in China.
No. Chinese never compromise on quality of education. Even when they were really poor they never used to look for shoddy universities in USA. They would rather risk a boat ride then to go through lambda. Part of it is because their government helps them and it never funds a shoddy degree. They are supposed to go to USA, earn their degree and come back and help China.

Even now, Chinese princelings always choose big name universities. They pay big bucks to study there alright but they do not compromise on the name of the university or degree.

This education as backdoor business is very typical punjabi thing. Gujarati innovated business as a backdoor for immigration, punjabi innovated education as a backdoor. Kerala innovated pink careers in healthcare as a means to go abroad. UP and Bihar wala chose gulf as the destination.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It will be a while before it goes to low 480s. As I said before, the system favors those who can game the system vs. those who some consider 'superior or more deserving' candidates.

Just like the SAT or GMAT/GRE exams, it's not whos the smartest but ones who can game the exam that wins
That always works, even for and especially Harvard admission. Heritage seats, sports seats and what not. How do you think Melania Trump got EB-1A GC? What "extra-ordinary" ability she had? To give BJs? She was a moderately successful to failing model.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
For all the tough talks from my end on this topic - landing here and seeing them has made me change my stance. Maybe(likely) they were stupid to believe in this student->PR route, but these govts(Federal, Provincial) and scam diploma mills knew better and still decided to let it happen.

I'll actively try not to kick them when they are already down. Millions of them will go back, but I hope the deserving ones do get what they want. If your brother needs any tips on learning french or even job related help, feel free to ask me or tap your network here. We will try to do what we can.
Same here. I used to despise them despite my own brother being one of them and I being a new immigrant myself.
But I too have stopped that behavior and reversed it. They are clearly being scammed, and they are all someone's children. I swear they had huge smiles on their faces in the graduation ceremony. They believed in what Canada was offering them, I don't want to be the one to shatter that illusion for anybody.

My brother is already looking into French, he won't be buying an LMIA or any stupid stuff like that. If he gets the PR, good, if not then he's prepared to bid goodbye.
If you or anyone here has any entry level HR jobs, please please reach out. GTA would be nice coz I am here but anywhere is fine really.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Same here. I used to despise them despite my own brother being one of them and I being a new immigrant myself.
But I too have stopped that behavior and reversed it. They are clearly being scammed, and they are all someone's children. I swear they had huge smiles on their faces in the graduation ceremony. They believed in what Canada was offering them, I don't want to be the one to shatter that illusion for anybody.

My brother is already looking into French, he won't be buying an LMIA or any stupid stuff like that. If he gets the PR, good, if not then he's prepared to bid goodbye.
If you or anyone here has any entry level HR jobs, please please reach out. GTA would be nice coz I am here but anywhere is fine really.
Man, how could you let your brother become a lambda? That's not very sigma of you. Regardless, hope he finds a job he likes

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
My personal opinion on this whole thing is
- Yes a lot of youngsters get fooled by these advertisements and sweet talk of immigration consultants and business men/women who sell entering into these diploma mills as a pathway to immigrating to Canada.
- Degree in a great college, competing with your peers and learning for great profs is one way of getting the right skills and experience to immigrate.
- Even a student who got fooled and joined incorrectly in those diploma mills, after realizing their fault can attain redemption by researching well. They can still manage to get the right skills by learning from others, reading quality book, doing e-learning, asking for internships, find part time jobs in relevant areas etc..
My understanding is Lambdas chose to being lambdas, instead of getting real skills or knowledge, choose to work in Timmies, Walmart's and McDs. And these spurious diploma mills cover for those lambdas by giving false attendance/scores to keep the Lambdas PGWP open and retain these losers ability to renew the PGWPs. Whereas had it been a legitimate top college, these lambdas would have been thrown out as defaulters of studies either for poor attendance or scores out which would have led to PGWP cancellation.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay