+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am a FSW AOR-Feb 21 candidate.

I have updated my passport number and my current residential address atleast 4-5 months ago and informed IRCC via webform.

However, my remedical letter, my spouse's remedical letter, my spouse's BIL has arrived in email with the address printed of what I had put in the original application two years ago.
Moreover, when I went for my remedical, the passport number displayed was my old passport. The clinic manually changed it (not sure if that change is enough to sync across all IRCC systems)

I am concerned about three things:
--> when we receive the COPR, the address for the two way courier (as we have in India via VFS) will be for the old address where I dont reside any longer

--> The COPR will be issued for the previous passport number and thus leading to even more delays in corrections.
I request suggestions on how do I ensure that my residential address and my passport number is updated once and for all..I have raised webforms and have received standard responses with no result thus far.

--> I had given my biometrics showing my previous passport and they need to transfer the biometrics number etc to the new passport and I have no way of checking if they have done the same.

How do I address the above concerns folks? This is worrying me and making me lose sleep :/

Thanks!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have updated my passport number and my current residential address atleast 4-5 months ago and informed IRCC via webform.

However, my remedical letter, my spouse's remedical letter, my spouse's BIL has arrived in email with the address printed of what I had put in the original application two years ago.
Moreover, when I went for my remedical, the passport number displayed was my old passport. The clinic manually changed it (not sure if that change is enough to sync across all IRCC systems)

--> when we receive the COPR, the address for the two way courier (as we have in India via VFS) will be for the old address where I dont reside any longer

--> The COPR will be issued for the previous passport number and thus leading to even more delays in corrections.
I request suggestions on how do I ensure that my residential address and my passport number is updated once and for all..I have raised webforms and have received standard responses with no result thus far.

--> I had given my biometrics showing my previous passport and they need to transfer the biometrics number etc to the new passport and I have no way of checking if they have done the same.

How do I address the above concerns folks? This is worrying me and making me lose sleep :/

Thanks!
If the Panel physician updated it, IRCC should get it. This is the reason why the clinic gives us the form to fill with updated information. You can try and call to speak to an IRCC agent. If you are able to get through, they will change it for you while you are on call (if not already updated).

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Did you claim points for this job? Looks like you did. I think asking for pay slips is quite unusual with the reason provided as "proof of funds". My speculation is there is some inconsistency in your application and visa officer has doubts whether that was a real job or you faked it and he is trying to get alternate proof. Good thing is that he has not issued a procedural fairness letter so I guess he is not sure. Is it big company? Or is it family business kind of thing?

But why did you even claim points for something 8 years ago. The points max out at 3 years. Always a good idea to just use past 3 years for experience for precisely the same reason .. you may not have enough documents for ADR for older jobs.

If you don't have salary slips .. do you have older income tax filings and TDS slips from the job? Like T4 in Canada / Form 16 in India? If not, you need to write a LOE and keep it short and to the point and not write a life essay which gives more doubt to the officer.
Is the family business kind of thing acceptable for the work experience in express entry?

D

Deleted member 1006777

I still have immigration PTSD, after 4 months of landing. After work and dinner, I sometimes visit this thread.
You are (and probably will be for the forseeable future) one of the last examples of the old times wwhen working hard qualified you for immigration. Now it's purely based on luck and existing wealth. Canada does like to follow in big brother America's footsteps so not exactly surprising.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I moved to Calgary about 4 months ago and I love it here. The summer is beautiful, people are nice and the city has a lot to offer in terms of social and outdoor activities. I'll move to BC if the winters are too extreme but most people I've interacted with like it here and say you get used to the cold after a while. Best thing is everything is affordable compared to other larger cities in Canada.
I believe you said you were IT? How's the job hunt going?

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Thanks for your response. My passport got delivered to Ottawa office for CoPR on August 3rd and I am yet to hear anything back from them.
Can you tell me an estimate time to receive my passport back?
Congrats on the PPR. It usually depends on the busyness of the office, but it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to be sent out from Ottawa, track with your application number from VFS. Hoping it comes soonest :)

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Is the family business kind of thing acceptable for the work experience in express entry?
It is acceptable but be ready to be highly scrutinized, as the onus of proof is on you. Many people have gamed the system by family businesses so they are on high alert, provide your pay slips, bank statements showing stated income going in, preferably contact info of clients that interacted with you personally. There was a forum member that recently received his PPR but with a lot more hoops to jump. Go back a few months back and check his case. @wonderbly was helping him...

MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Apr 26, 2022
Middle East
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Doc's Request.
25-04-2022
AOR Received.
04-01-2021
Since IRCC is not responding to webforms and agents only want to talk to you if you are a domestic abuse case. The only option left now is to send my passport to Ottawa and force them to finalize the application, stamp the Entry Visa and staple that CoPR to my passport. If they return without Visa, I am going to "Return to Sender" until they finalize.

I wish I was a bully in real life. :(

Last edited:

MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Apr 26, 2022
Middle East
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Doc's Request.
25-04-2022
AOR Received.
04-01-2021
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Since you have sent the document without IRCC asking for it. The best bet now is to wait until someone starts working on your application and requests for renewed passport. (Happened with me). Until then, you have no other option than to keep sending repeatedly or wait.

Regarding the passport number in remed request. If the clinic has manually changed then wait till your pass your medicals.

Maybe the learned friends of the forum can answer your concerns @PRANIT01 @stirredo @legalfalcon