+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Sharlegail

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
That's generalized data. Ignore that. But my personal experience is that in Detroit, you can get a house under 150k (3bd 2 bath) in a decent neighborhood. You can afford with a 60k annual income. for a single person. A family with 1 kid may need an 80k annual income to afford this house. But in most US cities, houses are available for a wide range of income groups.
Sounds so unbelievable. Here in Moscow for 150k you can barely afford studio condo and average annual income is 10k$ (AT). Just imagine most of my comrades work their whole life to afford just 1 room to retire on state pension afterwards. I am curious is it better in other 3rd world countries. Compared to this equation Canadian real estate market is heavens

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Won't you be required to pay taxes in both countries, though?
Depends. If the company you work for has a Canadian office, you can get paid through that but the US salary agreed. That's what one of my friends did

Sounds so unbelievable. Here in Moscow for 150k you can barely afford studio condo and average annual income is 10k$ (AT). Just imagine most of my comrades work their whole life to afford just 1 room to retire on state pension afterwards. I am curious is it better in other 3rd world countries. Compared to this equation Canadian real estate market is heavens
Dude, don't say that, it goes against my narrative here that Canada has a terrible housing market

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Dude, don't say that, it goes against my narrative here that Canada has a terrible housing market
If you don't mind becoming a mortgage slave for life, then yes Canada's housing market is not terrible and from what I understand, either both spouses need to work or you need to have a big chunk of savings upfront to even qualify to become a mortgage slave.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
No, you’ll only be obligated to pay taxes where you are deemed a tax resident.
The US company needs to have a business license in Canada for you to work remotely. Even if there is no presence, companies can "buy" business licenses and employ you in Canada.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
The US company needs to have a business license in Canada for you to work remotely. Even if there is no presence, companies can "buy" business licenses and employ you in Canada.
Aren't there payroll companies to do this? Like how contract jobs work.

Reactions: Lc4life

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Aren't there payroll companies to do this? Like how contract jobs work.
Not sure about that, but heard its easy to get a business license for this kind of remote job.

Sharlegail

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
If you don't mind becoming a mortgage slave for life, then yes Canada's housing market is not terrible and from what I understand, either both spouses need to work or you need to have a big chunk of savings upfront to even qualify to become a mortgage slave.
Being mortgage slave for real estate with prices rising higher than inflation rate on long term horizon is not that bad. The major problem are rates. Sadly you can not fix them for more than 10 years, currently 10 year rate is 4%. And if we are talking for any property price higher than 500k and 10% downpayment it would easily be 3k+ monthly payment. I ran some calculations - in the long term you are ok if you grow your income to at least 130k level. You will be off with the mortgage when you are 40-50 y.o. and have some time to accelerate pension savings. But, basically, It is really hard to fit in full family into calculation unless wife works full time. And fuck being married is also a risk that should be factored in - more than 50% of marriages fail. The whole situation is fucked. So many risks for a tiny reward, yet again.. it is better than live in fear in 3rd world

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Being mortgage slave for real estate with prices rising higher than inflation rate on long term horizon is not that bad. The major problem are rates. Sadly you can not fix them for more than 10 years, currently 10 year rate is 4%. And if we are talking for any property price higher than 500k and 10% downpayment it would easily be 3k+ monthly payment. I ran some calculations - in the long term you are ok if you grow your income to at least 130k level. You will be off with the mortgage when you are 40-50 y.o. and have some time to accelerate pension savings. But, basically, It is really hard to fit in full family into calculation unless wife works full time. And fuck being married is also a risk that BBC should be factored in - more than 50% of marriages fail. The whole situation is fucked. So many risks for a tiny reward, yet again.. it is better than live in fear in 3rd world

Shieeeettt, my man thinking 30 years ahead. Definitely a Finance guy

Reactions: Sharlegail