+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You know, I just stopped to think about the current state of IRCC ops. Especially with regards to client side communications. It is incredible (read pathetic) that the current solutions for a PR applicant wanting to check the status of their file are as follows:
  • Check an online portal that isn't very forthcoming in giving accurate information on the real time status of an application
  • Use the webform system - which sometimes can take DAYS to receive an answer from, and in some cases, no response at all
  • Call the IRCC Client Support Centre and hope for some good luck that your call gets put through to an agent. More often than not, all of them are busy, but instead of giving you the option to wait in a queue or schedule a call back, the call is dropped on you. Just because. Then keep re-dialling, rinse and repeat till you pass from this mortal plane
  • Use the ATIP system to request your GCMS file. Which takes at least 30 days to arrive. By which time, the info in the file is already out of date. Oh and because all the options prior to this one mostly suck, this is the one that a lot of applicants turn to for some success. As such, the number of requests overall has shot up dramatically, and more agencies are now invoking the 30 day extension in the Privacy Act as "meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the institution"
  • Write to your local MP, and hope that they can use the ICMPS to get information on the current status of your file. Oh the MP can't expedite the process though. And they get pretty much the same info as you would have, had the Online Portal, webforms, or Client Support Centre actually not sucked.
Bravo.
/s

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You know, I just stopped to think about the current state of IRCC ops. Especially with regards to client side communications. It is incredible (read pathetic) that the current solutions for a PR applicant wanting to check the status of their file are as follows:
  • Check an online portal that isn't very forthcoming in giving accurate information on the real time status of an application
  • Use the webform system - which sometimes can take DAYS to receive an answer from, and in some cases, no response at all
  • Call the IRCC Client Support Centre and hope for some good luck that your call gets put through to an agent. More often than not, all of them are busy, but instead of giving you the option to wait in a queue or schedule a call back, the call is dropped on you. Just because. Then keep re-dialling, rinse and repeat till you pass from this mortal plane
  • Use the ATIP system to request your GCMS file. Which takes at least 30 days to arrive. By which time, the info in the file is already out of date. Oh and because all the options prior to this one mostly suck, this is the one that a lot of applicants turn to for some success. As such, the number of requests overall has shot up dramatically, and more agencies are now invoking the 30 day extension in the Privacy Act as "meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the institution"
  • Write to your local MP, and hope that they can use the ICMPS to get information on the current status of your file. Oh the MP can't expedite the process though. And they get pretty much the same info as you would have, had the Online Portal, webforms, or Client Support Centre actually not sucked.
Bravo.
/s
Liberal administration. Pronouns : It/He/She/They

They are more worried about signs on toilet doors than our applications. Seriously.

mornaz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Made me to buckle up and consider other options after two years.
I got to be honest, i was suprised with the warm welcome I got from interviews in Europe.

Reactions: novascotia27

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
they have basically given up- assuming they ever gave a shit at all.
not even farts coming along now….
Looking at your signature, you are so close to PPR. Nowadays, Re Medical req or medicals extended is followed by a PPR. You're getting there buddy.