+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I've said it before so will mention it again.
You'll need a critical mass of coverage for it to move the needle in any sort of way (i.e. get the attention of IRCC and/or shame them into taking expedited action on the backlogs)
What exactly a critical mass of coverage looks like varies with each topic, but drip-fed articles published weeks apart ain't even close. IRCC can issue responsive messaging via statements to each one, then sit back and return to their regular operations speed until the next article comes out in a few weeks, then rinse and repeat.
At least some one is trying to get their attention. Give credit where it's due.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
At least some one is trying to get their attention. Give credit where it's due.
Not taking credit away, far from it. I think my annoyance with these articles in general (not this one specifically) stems from it almost always being inland people who didn't exhaust every option available to them, being interviewed. There was one a few months back where the guy didn't even try for a BOWP when he had the chance, and then was suddenly chirping about having to leave his job and go back to India.. Like...these aren't the clowns who should be used as the face of IRCC backlogs and the disruption they cause.

Edit: Found it - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/permanent-residency-stalled-london-ontario-man-1.6084868?cmp=rss

akriti91

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
I sent them an email too. Worth a shot!
When I sent an email. I got an automated response:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please be advised that this e-mail address is used for the sole purpose of communicating to clients and/or their representatives regarding “Ready for Visa” correspondence. This e-mail box is monitored only for responses to correspondence originating from this same email address; any other communication will not be answered.

If you are seeking information/updates not directly relating to correspondence initiated by this email address, IRCC requires that you submit any request, update or documents via our IRCC Web form.

Reactions: Tiaraxx

Tiaraxx

Star Member
Oct 7, 2021
outland (India)
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Med's Request
01-10-2021
Med's Done....
05-10-2021
Passport Req..
waiting
I sent an email to IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca email address. I get the below response. Does this mean anything?

Hi,
Please be advised that your application is waiting the review of an officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Regards
CS
Client Service Unit
Centralized Intake Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
I hope it's not a scam. Did you provide him application number and birth date and everything?

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I hope it's not a scam. Did you provide him application number and birth date and everything?
It's not a scam. It's a generic/standard IRCC reply when your file is awaiting any decision from an officer. I got the same response twice when I emailed my local visa office regarding the status of my application.

Reactions: Tiaraxx

Tiaraxx

Star Member
Oct 7, 2021
outland (India)
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
AOR Received.
08-07-2020
Med's Request
01-10-2021
Med's Done....
05-10-2021
Passport Req..
waiting
It's not a scam. It's a generic/standard IRCC reply when your file is awaiting any decision from an officer. I got the same response twice when I emailed my local visa office regarding the status of my application.
thanks. I'll send the email too lol

vada pav

Nov 8, 2021
I sent an email to IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca email address. I get the below response. Does this mean anything?

Hi,
Please be advised that your application is waiting the review of an officer. You will be contacted in due course.

Regards
CS
Client Service Unit
Centralized Intake Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
I sent an email too. But all in vain. Is your VO CIO?