Med's Done....
23-10-2021
Passport Req..
10-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
09-04-2022
Can relate; I have/had the same anxiety. Before ITA you have something to look forward to; the ITA, and finally sending your app in. After ITA, you should forget you even applied for your own sake or the long wait (15-21 months on avg now) will be the end of you.

Also MEP/BIL apparently takes 4-5 months now according to myimmitracker. Which means you're not gonna hear from your app for at least 6-7 months from now.
That's what I also read from another member in this forum; that I should forget I even applied for Canada after submitting my application. A bit hard to do since I keep checking my emails for updates.

D

Deleted member 1050918

That's what I also read from another member in this forum; that I should forget I even applied for Canada after submitting my application. A bit hard to do since I keep checking my emails for updates.
I highly suggest that you spend your time to better equip yourself for the Canadian job market. Try to get extra credentials, training, experience, certification etc if you believe they'll help you find a job in Canada faster. Or work on your English/French and try to speak it more fluently if you need to. Make the most of your time while you wait.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
It seems like IRCC is prioritizing certain CORs for Outlanders, can we use that to infer what they're going to do next?

Right now it just feels like we're all lottery balls, they're dipping into the bowl and drawing apps at random, sometimes old apps (early 2020, 2019, even 2018) sometimes relatively new apps (read late 2020).

The randomness makes it hard to predict anything yet one is still hopeful because you just might get lucky.

Although some of us are the Untouchables, (pretty much all outlanders from 2021, where I fall into)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It seems like IRCC is prioritizing certain CORs for Outlanders, can we use that to infer what they're going to do next?

Right now it just feels like we're all lottery balls, they're dipping into the bowl and drawing apps at random, sometimes old apps (early 2020, 2019, even 2018) sometimes relatively new apps (read late 2020).

The randomness makes it hard to predict anything yet one is still hopeful because you just might get lucky.

Although some of us are the Untouchables, (pretty much all outlanders from 2021, where I fall into)
It's not certain COR's, it's just US for FSW.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
It's not certain COR's, it's just US for FSW.
Apart from the obvious geographical proximity, is there any other reason why the US might have been selected as priority?

I'd hate to think my country might be at the back of the line for whatever reason when (or if) things start to balance out

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Apart from the obvious geographical proximity, is there any other reason why the US might have been selected as priority?

I'd hate to think my country might be at the back of the line for whatever reason when (or if) things start to balance out
Several US residents have Montreal or Ottawa as their VO.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
The numerous bilateral treaties, economic and diplomatic relations between both countries, aka the "special relationship"
That is irrelevant to PR application though as the economic immigrants applying for Canada PR are rarely US nationals.

Reactions: RSub

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Rules for traveling to Canada from US by road seems to be a bit different than going through an airport, not sure how though. There must be some reason for prioritizing US residents.

Reactions: Vidnomenon

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That is irrelevant to PR application though as the economic immigrants applying for Canada PR are rarely US nationals.
Does it matter? If they are applying from the US, they already have an advantage when it comes to sharing of information between the necessary agencies. Even within the FCC, both Canada and the US already share more information with each other then they do with any other country. There's a specific Canada/ US treaty that covers sharing of info, and biometrics between IRCC, CBSA, Department of State, and Homeland Security

Reactions: seadrag0n

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Does it matter? If they are applying from the US, they already have an advantage when it comes to sharing of information between the necessary agencies. Even within the FCC, both Canada and the US already share more information with each other then they do with any other country. There's a specific Canada/ US treaty that covers sharing of info, and biometrics between IRCC, CBSA, Department of State, and Homeland Security
But this was never an issue pre-pandemic. All applications were processed more or less within the same time frame. It seems to have changed in 2021