Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Depends on the rental unit, some only need a job offer letter. I got mine with no credit history, but I'm on a purpose built rental unit.
Proof of employment is pretty much standard. I had to give a employee reference letter.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
If they study to crack the exam instead of focusing on learning the language they won't require anything more than a CLB5 (or even a CLB4). You can score way above your actual level as long you know the exam inside-out and strategize accordingly.

The biggest mistake people do when pursuing this French-for-immigration thing is actually learning the language. Learn the exam, not the language. Unless of course they want a non-IT Federal govt. job...
TCF is pretty hard, I don't know about TEF. I personally found it tougher than DELF B2. You can crack the writing part maybe by memorizing phrases and vocabulary but for listening, reading and speaking, you do need to have a good level already.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Game theory 101. Lamda grads may not be intelligent but they're street smart.
They mess it up for the rest of us too. These days, you can't even open up anything related to India on Canadian YouTube, Twitter or Instagram without Canadians saying the most atrocious racist stuff imaginable. You work hard, you learn a new language to get your scores up and then some pendus ruin your reputation even before you land in the country.

Reactions: RSub

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Proof of employment is pretty much standard. I had to give a employee reference letter.
For me I just gave a job offer and it's pretty much done. I told them I'm new to Canada, and they didn't even ask for references. I'm not sure if just specific to my landlord or it's because purpose built rentals are suppose to operate that way.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
For me I just gave a job offer and it's pretty much done. I told them I'm new to Canada, and they didn't even ask for references. I'm not sure if just specific to my landlord or it's because purpose built rentals are suppose to operate that way.
Mine is individual owner, so they asked me one. You are right, purpose built rentals don't ask for it unless someone has no job or income source.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I need guidance about how to carry funds to Canada. It is stated that if you are carrying 10k or above then you have to declare it in Canada and have to sign the declaration form. My question is my parents will be traveling with me and they will be carrying 5k and I will be carrying another 5k the rest of the POF if asked will be in my bank and I will have recent bank statements as in case the office asks for it.
Is this approach okay and at the airport I have to tell the agent that I am carrying 5k or 10k.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I need guidance about how to carry funds to Canada. It is stated that if you are carrying 10k or above then you have to declare it in Canada and have to sign the declaration form. My question is my parents will be traveling with me and they will be carrying 5k and I will be carrying another 5k the rest of the POF if asked will be in my bank and I will have recent bank statements as in case the office asks for it.
Is this approach okay and at the airport I have to tell the agent that I am carrying 5k or 10k.
Is the 5k on your parent yours as well? If so, then YOU are bringing in 10k regardless of whose purse it's in.
There's nothing at all to the declaration, just declare you have 10k and that's it. They won't ask you to bring out the money and count for them to see.

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Hi guyssss just had a question about doing a soft landing! I’m due to fly to Toronto on Sunday (got my COPR etc). My mother will be coming with me (with an ETA, not PR). How would I ‘land’ in this situation? Normally when we’ve travelled to Canada together we’re both always had ETAs so it was a very quick procedure- so just thinking about the logistics this time around ie. will we have to be in different queues, or can she accompany me etc