+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Stopped foreever - Is it true

anupamabk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was planning to apply for FSW this year.. My consultant wo has main office in Canada claims tht FSW or for tht matter new FSW program might not open in the near future. So its better to opt for other options.. like Student visa, work permit , or FSW with job offer.. or mayb try other countries.
Is it true.. he claims to hve got info frm reliable sources so asked me not to wait till Jan 2013 to know the heart breaking news..
I hope its not true and am waiting for Jan 2013.
Any comments..

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
anupamabk said:
I was planning to apply for FSW this year.. My consultant wo has main office in Canada claims tht FSW or for tht matter new FSW program might not open in the near future. So its better to opt for other options.. like Student visa, work permit , or FSW with job offer.. or mayb try other countries.
Is it true.. he claims to hve got info frm reliable sources so asked me not to wait till Jan 2013 to know the heart breaking news..
Any comments..

Nothing concrete is yet to be published...Just paused it to give time to VO to clear its backlog...So in my opinion there is much probability to resume in near future after the backlog is cleared......

Warm wishes and regards

anupamabk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My consultant says as the cic published the stoppage of this FSW process jst 2-3 ays before July 2012 they might come up with something mentioning the cancellation of fsw in jan 2013

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
anupamabk said:
My consultant says as the cic published the stoppage of this FSW process jst 2-3 ays before July 2012 they might come up with something mentioning the cancellation of fsw in jan 2013
Your consultant does not have the correct info.....As per the site, its a temporary pause....

ryanomil

Aug 30, 2011
Cambridge
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
sent with app
AOR Received.
LVO don't be silly
IELTS Request
Band 8.5
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
03/07/2012 3rd Line 23/07/2012
Passport Req..
09/09/2012 DM made as well 09/09/2012
Why do people bother with consultants?

anupamabk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wht he says is tht.. the CIC dropped the bomb of temporarily holding the FSW till the last day og Jun 2012. Wheras it was mentioned from the very begining tht the cap will b reset on Jul 2012. So similarly the CAP will never be set again. He says expect another bomb on 31 Dec 2012.
I am also waiting for the CAP to be reset on Jan 2013. But i was jst informing and asking opinion abt this.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
anupamabk said:
Wht he says is tht.. the CIC dropped the bomb of temporarily holding the FSW till the last day og Jun 2012. Wheras it was mentioned from the very begining tht the cap will b reset on Jul 2012. So similarly the CAP will never be set again. He says expect another bomb on 31 Dec 2012.
I am also waiting for the CAP to be reset on Jan 2013. But i was jst informing and asking opinion abt this.
Dear, Canada is in need of more immigrants every year..........Personally they won't stop it completely but expect strict rules come Jan 2013 :)

siddharth.ravi

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Consultants will say anything to make money.. you can never claim anything untill the cio publishes the news on web.. they have no business as there will be no new applicants.. they cud jus convince u not to wait till jan and possibly push u thru using other ways.. never NEVER never BELIEVE CONSULTANTS!

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anupamabk said:
Any comments..
FSW in the current form may not start in the coming many years. Unless Canada find it difficult to find applicants for student visa and work permit. Canada require immigrants but it do not want to loose money on new immigrants who find it difficult to get job. Till an immigrant find a proper job he takes the social benifits, where as students visa applicants gets no social benifit and work permit applicants start paying taxes from day one.

Lets take an example. family of 4 ( husband, wife and 2 kids ) land and husband starts with survival job and gets the mininum wages. CRA pays about $ 9000 as CTBT, and other tax credits of about $4000. So this family pays nil taxes and get $13000.00 from CRA in the 1st year. and this can go for 2nd, 3rd and other years. As this immigrant failed to get a desired job as a second carrier get funding ( like OSAP) for his further education, get EI also in between. So this immigrant may take years and years to reach to a place where he is actually contributing to coffers of revenue.

Applicant with work permit lands, his tax deduction start from the 1st pay cheque,nil CTBT, $500-1000 tax credits.
So stopping FSW in the current form is more of a economical step than anything else. It is well discussed in Canada and the due to it consultants are telling that FSW will not start again. And that are right also, it will not start in new future.

TAPTATANU

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dlhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Nov-2011
Doc's Request.
send with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
04-Nov-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2012
Med's Request
24-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
07-Apr-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-May-2012
LANDED..........
07-Sep-2012
explorer101 said:
FSW in the current form may not start in the coming many years. Unless Canada find it difficult to find applicants for student visa and work permit. Canada require immigrants but it do not want to loose money on new immigrants who find it difficult to get job. Till an immigrant find a proper job he takes the social benifits, where as students visa applicants gets no social benifit and work permit applicants start paying taxes from day one.

Lets take an example. family of 4 ( husband, wife and 2 kids ) land and husband starts with survival job and gets the mininum wages. CRA pays about $ 9000 as CTBT, and other tax credits of about $4000. So this family pays nil taxes and get $13000.00 from CRA in the 1st year. and this can go for 2nd, 3rd and other years. As this immigrant failed to get a desired job as a second carrier get funding ( like OSAP) for his further education, get EI also in between. So this immigrant may take years and years to reach to a place where he is actually contributing to coffers of revenue.

Applicant with work permit lands, his tax deduction start from the 1st pay cheque,nil CTBT, $500-1000 tax credits.
So stopping FSW in the current form is more of a economical step than anything else. It is well discussed in Canada and the due to it consultants are telling that FSW will not start again. And that are right also, it will not start in new future.
I hope FSW will not come again as Canada is currently giving important for PNP-Provincial Nominee Program where it will not be under control of Canadian High Commission .Different provinces as per their requirement can publish job list as per their demand and can accept applications as per their demand.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:

I second that.

Akerekoro

Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 6th, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 19th, 2011
Med's Request
Sept 11th, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 28th, 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Oct 25th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 2nd, 2014
anupamabk said:
Any comments..
This will be a disaster for many who are planning to apply in Jan 2013.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
explorer101 said:

Hi,

I also second explorer101 and Qorax, current FSW is not at all economically beneficial for Canada so it has been halted.Though the website claims that it will be resumed by Jan 13 but I highly doubt it due to following reasons:

1.The current backlog cannot be eliminated in just 6 months.
2.Current FSW programmed is stopped due to absence of sufficent jobs in the professions ,most of the immigrants belong to (white collar jobs) so it will be very difficult for Canadian economy in the present scenario to create enough number of jobs,in just six months, to accommodate this large number of immigrants.

I believe that Canada cannot afford to stop taking immigrants at once forever,but yes it appears that the FSW will not be able to resume as early as Jan 13.It might continue after an year or so BUT surely in a modified form with much emphasis on some specific professions i.e.welders,electricians,mechanics etc etc and may be new selection criteria as well. We need to understand that Canada NEEDS immigrants but only in some specific professions .So the applicants who WANT and who CAN should think of other options as well.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
explorer101 said:

I think so too. It reminde me of the NOAH's Ark

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
I second that.
Whatever reasons CIC and Canada government have to temporarily halt the FSW are known to them. It is not within our control as interested or affected stakeholders. We only have control over an open door policy following the procedures decided by the country. Aside this fact, the PR visa is a PRIVILEGE and NOT a RIGHT, even though some of us may not agree with this.