+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW PhD, Officer not satisfied funds are my own!

am_master

Nov 19, 2012
Hello All,

I got this sad email for my FSW PHD application:

"You submitted documentation indicating that you have over $15,000.00 in bank accounts in Canada. However, once outstanding debts are taken into consideration, you have a net balance of $12,209.80. After reviewing the account histories that you provided, I noticed that your account balance on the date (June 17, 2012) was $708.32; throughout the account history, the average balance was less than $3,500. Yet, several large deposits totaling $9,000 were made after our request for account histories. I am not satisfied that these funds are your own and that you are not obliged to return these funds to their originator, or that the originator is not required to return these funds to another party.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern(s). You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address."

Does anybody has an idea what should I do?! :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to prove that the funds are yours. In other words, you must demonstrate that the large deposits are your own money.

Where did the large deposits come from?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Please use the phd stream for further discussion

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.3375.html

steelz

Sep 6, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am_master said:
Hello All,

"You submitted documentation indicating that you have over $15,000.00 in bank accounts in Canada. However, once outstanding debts are taken into consideration, you have a net balance of $12,209.80. After reviewing the account histories that you provided, I noticed that your account balance on the date (June 17, 2012) was $708.32; throughout the account history, the average balance was less than $3,500. Yet, several large deposits totaling $9,000 were made after our request for account histories. I am not satisfied that these funds are your own and that you are not obliged to return these funds to their originator, or that the originator is not required to return these funds to another party.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern(s). You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address."

this is not an advice its just a thought, how about if you manage to tell that you have sold item, like a car or something or expensive watch...etc and try to put it on paper

what do you think ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
steelz said:
this is not an advice its just a thought, how about if you manage to tell that you have sold item, like a car or something or expensive watch...etc and try to put it on paper

what do you think ?
You'll need to provide concrete proof that you owned the car (or something else expensive) and then sold it.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
steelz said:

what do you think ?

If OP had not sold the item, then what you are suggesting is fraud and is illegal.

How about simply tell the truth, where did these funds come from?

If the money genuinely belongs to the OP and does not have to be repaid, there is nothing to fear, simply show the source of the funds (receipt from sale of item etc).
If the money is borrowed, then the OP was trying to fool CIC and has just been caught.

If several large unexplained deposits appear, the visa officer is going to assume they are borrowed and the onus is on the applicant to prove otherwise.

Wayne.

Adroit

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
If OP had not sold the item, then what you are suggesting is fraud and is illegal.

How about simply tell the truth, where did these funds come from?

If the money genuinely belongs to the OP and does not have to be repaid, there is nothing to fear, simply show the source of the funds (receipt from sale of item etc).
If the money is borrowed, then the OP was trying to fool CIC and has just been caught.

If several large unexplained deposits appear, the visa officer is going to assume they are borrowed and the onus is on the applicant to prove otherwise.

Wayne.
I was expecting this reply from Wayne..

am_master

Nov 19, 2012
scylla said:
You need to prove that the funds are yours. In other words, you must demonstrate that the large deposits are your own money.

Where did the large deposits come from?
I borrowed a portion of the money from my friend, and returned it later
However, I have a chance! I have lend him more than 11,000$ since 2009 within multiple transactions, and he still has not returned it to me. Do you think it is a good idea to print all my bank statements showing them that he owes me this amount, and he has actually given it back?

am_master

Nov 19, 2012
steelz said:

what do you think ?
The problem is that they need a 6 month account activity, and I returned the money a few days after I got the statement! So, it is obvious that I had borrowed that money!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
am_master said:
The problem is that they need a 6 month account activity, and I returned the money a few days after I got the statement! So, it is obvious that I had borrowed that money!
Do you have other alternatives? Do you have funding back home? Savings? A Car that can be sold? What you did is called misrepresentation, and is a serious thing.

am_master

Nov 19, 2012
I have a car, and already showed that

But I don't think they actually care about it, it seems that they only wants to see CASH put in your bank account for at least the last 6 months! quiet stupid !!! I have been living in Canada during the past five years, I have income, I have car, i have paid auto insurance and all these, and now he is not convinced I can survive after I land !!!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
They require liquid assets that can be easily used. You can try to prove that you have funding for the next years from your supervisor as well. This may help. Write them a letter and explain that as well.

greeki78

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
am_master said:
Hello All,

There are few things you can do.
1.Convince the officer that the money that you received is a part of your inheritance from your parents,your parents gifted you the money and you are free to do as you please with the money
(OR)
2.You sold something like stocks,car,house,etc or you won that amount in lottery.
(OR)
3.You have savings account in India and your money was just sitting in the bank.SO when you needed the money here in Canada you just transferred the amount to the Canadian Bank.
(OR)
4.If you have an account in India that has around 4-5 lakhs in it,you can get a letter from the bank stating your balance in INR and equivalent amount in CAD.

I can think of only these ideas for now.Maybe if I think harder I may come up with better solutions.