+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
I may seem unfair, but if you see it from the perspective of Canada and USA, they are two countries where you have porous borders if you have residency and/or citizenship. I have seen cases where a person tried to illegally cross the border, another one was found in violation of customs, a transit passenger assaulting the flight crew etc. In all these cases the people were not legally present in the US, or were not here for more than a day. But, if a FBI background search is done, it will reflect these prior issues. And I am sure Canada is interested in them, and so would be the US.

There have been cases where with minimum documents an applications sails through, and yet in others it takes forever and additional documents. It is case specific, but I do not see it unreasonable.
tomneversfield said:
good and fair points! Never thought of it this way. Thanks for your insight
No I don't think is reasonable point. I understand the security issues and respect those because it's for my and my loved ones benefit and security too

But why it is unreasonable is .......first they say less than six months FBI PCC not needed. And then they ask for it randomly. I know some who had USA visit just like me and not asked FBI PCC. If it is needed then it should be made necessary. First saying less than six months not needed and then suddenly asking randomly is unreasonable and unfair. But I m still happy they gave me a chance to provide it. I had no plans to land there in winter anyway.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sunil55 said:
No I don't think is reasonable point. I understand the security issues and respect those because it's for my and my loved ones benefit and security too

But why it is unreasonable is .......first they say less than six months FBI PCC not needed. And then they ask for it randomly. I know some who had USA visit just like me and not asked FBI PCC. If it is needed then it should be made necessary. First saying less than six months not needed and then suddenly asking randomly is unreasonable and unfair. But I m still happy they gave me a chance to provide it. I had no plans to land there in winter anyway.
Well I have lived in the US and had to get a FBI PCC, which I was aware of. But it takes forever to get one. When i submitted my application, I gave a LOE. I was granted 60 days to obtain the FBI PCC, which I did and submitted the same within a week after they asked me for it.

My point here is two fold. First, security is a big concern and with lots of immigrants coming from across the globe, you don't want rotten apples. Any act of crime by an immigrant will toss a series of events for everyone. If the CIC decides to ask for some additional documents, it is their prerogative. It may not be justified, but they can give any excuse.

Second, like other immigration agencies across the globe, CIC is rejecting and not selecting. Even though immigration to Canada i much easier than many other countries, the CIC is the final authority. You can't do much about it. It is cumbersome and not affordable for many when their application is rejected and you have to fight it out in an administrative court of a foreign country. Even though it looks crazy, I feel there is no other choice instead of following them. In your case, you could have filed a LOE and demanded that you not be asked for a FBI PCC, but then, if they want it, you cannot do much about it.

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalfalcon said:
Well I have lived in the US and had to get a FBI PCC, which I was aware of. But it takes forever to get one. When i submitted my application, I gave a LOE. I was granted 60 days to obtain the FBI PCC, which I did and submitted the same within a week after they asked me for it.

My point here is two fold. First, security is a big concern and with lots of immigrants coming from across the globe, you don't want rotten apples. Any act of crime by an immigrant will toss a series of events for everyone. If the CIC decides to ask for some additional documents, it is their prerogative. It may not be justified, but they can give any excuse.

Second, like other immigration agencies across the globe, CIC is rejecting and not selecting. Even though immigration to Canada i much easier than many other countries, the CIC is the final authority. You can't do much about it. It is cumbersome and not affordable for many when their application is rejected and you have to fight it out in an administrative court of a foreign country. Even though it looks crazy, I feel there is no other choice instead of following them. In your case, you could have filed a LOE and demanded that you not be asked for a FBI PCC, but then, if they want it, you cannot do much about it.
U r right. They are the boss and boss is always right.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
sunil55 said:
U r right. They are the boss and boss is always right.
I think through this process, it is easy to lose sight of the fact that they are doing us a favor by considering our applications, rather than we doing them a favor by applying. I know it happens to me all the time and I get frustrated with CIC, and keep saying "how can they do this, or that, this process is unfair", but in reality, they have no reason to be accommodating. We are the ones trying to get to their country, and need to respect each and every thing they ask from us. Yeah, it's brutal, and long and frustrating, but eventually, we'll get there.

Sunil55, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, and I am glad to hear you received an extension for FBI PCC! That's great news.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
I think through this process, it is easy to lose sight of the fact that they are doing us a favor by considering our applications, rather than we doing them a favor by applying. I know it happens to me all the time and I get frustrated with CIC, and keep saying "how can they do this, or that, this process is unfair", but in reality, they have no reason to be accommodating. We are the ones trying to get to their country, and need to respect each and every thing they ask from us. Yeah, it's brutal, and long and frustrating, but eventually, we'll get there.

Sunil55, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, and I am glad to hear you received an extension for FBI PCC! That's great news.
I refuse to accept the mentality that they are doing me a favor by considering my application. Nonetheless, I am not doing Canada a favor by applying as well. It should be a two way street. I have options and they have options. I have chosen Canadian values and economic prosperity over my other options and Canada has chosen my skills and my potential contribution into its future. Also, don't forget that as economic migrants, we are fully compensating for processing our applications, so even if we get rejected, Canada is not losing a dime.

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
Tocanadawego said:

Though I appreciate the concern raised, I disagree with your remark that CIC is doing favour to us. It is a win win situation. The reasons are endless...

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepaksood said:
Though I appreciate the concern raised, I disagree with your remark that CIC is doing favour to us. It is a win win situation. The reasons are endless...
Agreed. Congrats on your PPR by the way :)

rdktr

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-08-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
Hello, guys!
Do CIC sends PPR request only via e-mail or duplicates it in myCIC as any other request? And I'm a little worry, because in 2008 I visited US for about 3,5 months via Work&Travel program and now I'm afraid they could also ask me for FBI PCC :(
My AOR is 6 August, 8 Oct I paid RPRF by request, 18 and 19 Nov had additional documents request (military record and residence address from 2005 to 2009).

deepaksood

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-12-2015
Canadaistheway said:
Agreed. Congrats on your PPR by the way :)
Thank you mate

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rdktr said:
Hello, guys!
Do CIC sends PPR request only via e-mail or duplicates it in myCIC as any other request? And I'm a little worry, because in 2008 I visited US for about 3,5 months via Work&Travel program and now I'm afraid they could also ask me for FBI PCC :(
My AOR is 6 August, 8 Oct I paid RPRF by request, 18 and 19 Nov had additional documents request (military record and residence address from 2005 to 2009).
Well, according to CIC guidlines, you have to have lived 6 months and more:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

However, CIC has been randomly asking for FBI PCC's even for much shorter stays.
If I were you, I would have sent the request to FBI right after the ITA (although my fingerprints would get rejected anyway :D)

rdktr

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-08-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
Canadaistheway said:
However, CIC has been randomly asking for FBI PCC's even for much shorter stays.
If I were you, I would have sent the request to FBI right after the ITA (although my fingerprints would get rejected anyway :D)
Thank you for the answer! There is a hope that they've already looked at my documents (since they requested some documents after RPRF), but I still worry. Could somebody tell me how to sent the request to FBI outside of US? Thanks a lot!

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Do I need to notify CIC (before/after) regarding travelling abroad for 2weeks starting from DEC 23rd? Will this cause any pbm if I didn't notify ?

Thanks in advance
RJ

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
rdktr said:
Hello, guys!
I think you're fine. Mid Nov is when early Aug AOR background check went into progress. Certain people at this stage were asked additional documents including any additional PCCs. So I believe the chances of anything additional is very rare. If you have provided the documents you should see your background check going into progress very soon.

Goodluck!

rdktr

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-08-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
hotshot007 said:
I think you're fine. Mid Nov is when early Aug AOR background check went into progress. Certain people at this stage were asked additional documents including any additional PCCs. So I believe the chances of anything additional is very rare. If you have provided the documents you should see your background check going into progress very soon.

Goodluck!
hotshot 007, thank you for support. I've provided everything they asked for, BG changed into In progress almost 3 weeks ago. Is it a good sign? There is an opinion that BG changes in the same day as deadline.

Moejoego

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After looking at some discussions...we are getting some hope....at last deadlock has been broken and people are getting PPRs...

Congrats to Deepak and wish you all the best for your future...:)