new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
i am holding up surprisingly well...well firstly cause my medicals are valid till july mid and secondly as i live near the equator, Canadian Winters was going to be too much anyways so have planned to fly out in May/June so right now that deadline seems realistic and so am still calm but sooooo annoyed at the treatment that July/August Aorers are getting...

but like you guys, have stopped buying new stuff(it hurts)....even though i have my birthday this month and was hoping for a birthday present from CIC and not to mention shopping for the new life....sighhh....lets pray ???

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
Thanks. My local VO is Vienna, Austria.

received my Passport request from them, telling me what information and photos to submit and that the case was transferred to them for final stages.
mine is Vienna also, but you recived you ppr way sooner, and the backlog since september till december has increased substantialy, especially due to high increase of refugees in the past two months.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Andre_Smol said:
After reading a lot of people speculating about a backlog of applications with EE, I decided to share my timeline in the other thread like you mentioned and I dont know if it was just luck or not, but my application was processed in Ottawa until I received my PPR from my local VO and they said it was switched to them, now that it reached the final stages of processing.
It feels good to hear some good news during these gloomy times. All the best for your future life in Canada mate :) :)

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
indianaspirant said:
but like you guys, have stopped buying new stuff(it hurts)....even though i have my birthday this month and was hoping for a birthday present from CIC and not to mention shopping for the new life....sighhh....lets pray ???
My birthday was last week and I checked CIC like 5 times.... it would have been a perfect gift!

I just wish CIC would at least inform us... let us know how much of a delay there is. I have difficult decicions regarding travel plans, work and living arrangements comming up... Everyone is like "But when can you tell us?!" and I'm like "I have no clue...." :(

Link123

Jan 15, 2015
You know, I've been reading Canadian news right now, about first flight of refugees. I didn't know that they become permanent residents instantly, I thought they would be refugees. So CIC may move economic and all other immigrants away for a couple of month, because large part of yearly immigration quota in 2016 is filled by 15-25 thous people already.
Some time ago I said to a friend that in developed country new government can't just come in and change commitments and processes and everything the next day, because a lot of people rely on those obligations and commitments. I was wrong

Sachin_mk

Jun 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well,i believe CIC is quite overwhelmed with the refugee issue and our immigration applications..but i don't think the refugees would pose a problem to the quota for the economic immigration programmes such as FSW, CEC and PNP..i opine that the refugee issue is just a social and goodwill action on the part of the new government...things would surely unfold gradually..we just have to arm ourselves with the good virtues of patience...n we will be in Canada next year.. :) :) :)

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Sachin_mk said:
Well,i believe CIC is quite overwhelmed with the refugee issue and our immigration applications..but i don't think the refugees would pose a problem to the quota for the economic immigration programmes such as FSW, CEC and PNP..i opine that the refugee issue is just a social and goodwill action on the part of the new government...things would surely unfold gradually..we just have to arm ourselves with the good virtues of patience...n we will be in Canada next year.. :) :) :)
I like your tone.. and I sure hope you're right :)
But to Link123's point, Express Entry PPR's may be frozen for a couple of months to accommodate for the rush of refugee-PPR's these days, and then resumed perhaps in early 2016. I think they will really have to pay attention to the medical test dates and make sure they release EE PPR's at least 3-4 months before our medical anniversaries. In such scenario i'd just hope they'd tell us the decision as soon as it is made. That way we can wait in peace.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Sachin_mk said:
I think that if there is a slowdown due to new refugee cases then the delay should be shortlived. With Canada already taking in 200,000+ immigrants every year, I would expect that they should be able to adjust to the current situation quickly enough, without causes major delays for everybody else.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
I think that if there is a slowdown due to new refugee cases then the delay should be shortlived. With Canada already taking in 200,000+ immigrants every year, I would expect that they should be able to adjust to the current situation quickly enough, without causes major delays for everybody else.
I feel like background/security check is the bottleneck here. Even though over 200,000 applications are being processed annually, a significant number of them are inland or family sponsored (a.k.a. lower risk). Add to that that 25000 refugees are from high security risk zone and their processing could potentially take 3 to 4 times extra efforts and you get what we have right now.

Sachin_mk

Jun 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
I feel like background/security check is the bottleneck here. Even though over 200,000 applications are being processed annually, a significant number of them are inland or family sponsored (a.k.a. lower risk). Add to that that 25000 refugees are from high security risk zone and their processing could potentially take 3 to 4 times extra efforts and you get what we have right now.
We are all being plunged into the alleys of disappointment..i agree it' s hard..But we are all speculating..let's be positive and trust this government..our government for sure in the near future..We will be there provided we have abided to the requirements post ITA..Happy Friday n let's hope for more PPRS the weeks ahead..

willpower7

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
File Transfer...
10th March 2016 (NDVO)
Passport Req..
19th April 2016
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/First-plane-carrying-refugees-arrives-in-Canada-PM-Trudeau-himself-goes-to-greet-them/articleshow/50141172.cms

Fiirst lot of refugees frm jordan arrive in Canada.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willpower7 said:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/First-plane-carrying-refugees-arrives-in-Canada-PM-Trudeau-himself-goes-to-greet-them/articleshow/50141172.cms

Fiirst lot of refugees frm jordan arrive in Canada.
"..where they were greeted by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who is pushing forward with his pledge to resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of February."

OMG does this imply we're stuck until March?

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
But to Link123's point, Express Entry PPR's may be frozen for a couple of months to accommodate for the rush of refugee-PPR's these days, and then resumed perhaps in early 2016. I think they will really have to pay attention to the medical test dates and make sure they release EE PPR's at least 3-4 months before our medical anniversaries. In such scenario i'd just hope they'd tell us the decision as soon as it is made. That way we can wait in peace.
Well I hope so. My medical expires on May 11th

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
Canadaistheway said:
OMG does this imply we're stuck until March?
I hope not, but only time will tell...

Moejoego

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
what is the duration of medicals validity????