+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

Svety

Mar 26, 2013
tomneversfield said:
481 is a very decent score, well done! You have a very high chance of getting an ITA within 2-3 weeks of creating your profiles (maybe even sooner than 2 weeks). Yeah better to check with CIC (although I hear you you can only call them if you're physically in Canada). Perhaps, you can create your profiles while you're here but put down your country of residence and your address at your home country. I don't think they'll flag your account if your IP address doesn't match your country of residence. In all cases, best of luck and keep us posted!
I certainly will keep you posted. And I hope I will hear from them soon... 2-3 weeks sounds good. :)
I was thinking about doing so, indicating Ukraine as my current country of residence, but in case of a medical exam, CIC will question why I passed it in the US. So far my best option is to call CIC. P.S. (whispering)They don't have to know I'm out of Canada now. ;) . Not my fault they don't say anything about it on CIC site.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Svety said:
True story. This is what I actually asked them at first place. But, what they replied is "we have decent experience in it and lots of successful cases, so we know better than you blah-blah-blah". Anyways, thought I have to check here with you,guys, as well. Also, there was a rule of a similar kind in the old FSWP. IMM5612E
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E. pdf (see paragraph 8, page 3 "Proof of admission" section. (sorry, can't post links yet).

According to the information specified in it I can only apply from the country to which I was lawfully admitted for a period of at least 1 year. Unfortunately, this is not my case. So, it's either the lawyers still follow this old rule, thinking this would be same story with EE, or the rule stands unchanged.
The old system was paper-based which involved sending documents back and forth when required. It was imperative to know where the applicant was applying from because it impacted the decision to assign LVOs to their case. Background checks were determined and performed by the LVO. Barring the initial bit of screening at Nova Scotia, everything else was done by the LVO. Under EE, applications are processed centrally at Ottawa with minimal intervention/support from LVO.

Things are different from Jan 1. One would expect the lawyers to figure this out eventually but not just yet.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Deccan said:
Another May AOR holder here waiting for some/any movement on application. Added info to spreadsheet. Thanks a ton for creating this group. Very useful.
You're very welcome (about creating the group).. Seeing your timeline in the spreadsheet worried me a little bit since I too am from USA. I'm surprised they haven't started your background check! I really hope you receive PPR very soon. You know in the old system USA had one of the longest PR processing times in the world. Seems that the VO's here (los Angeles and NY) are really under staffed and can barely handle the backlog. I hope this changes very soon! Please keep us posted and let us know when you get any movement

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
You're very welcome (about creating the group).. Seeing your timeline in the spreadsheet worried me a little bit since I too am from USA. I'm surprised they haven't started your background check! I really hope you receive PPR very soon. You know in the old system USA had one of the longest PR processing times in the world. Seems that the VO's here (los Angeles and NY) are really under staffed and can barely handle the backlog. I hope this changes very soon! Please keep us posted and let us know when you get any movement
Cheers, tomneversfield! From what I've gathered from this forum, a lot of outland FSW applicants' BG check has happened much later in the process. Speaking of VOs, are our (US based) applications processed in L.A. and NY? I thought everything is now done centrally from Ottawa.

Leptitmotard

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
02-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-10-2015
Hi guys!

Little problem here, I got a second PPR, but for the Ottawa office now...

So 7 days later I get a second one, when my first one was for the French VO...

What should I do????

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leptitmotard said:
Hi guys!

What should I do????
Send me one !!! lol sorry I cant answer your question but I had to ..

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leptitmotard said:
Hi guys!

What should I do????
I think contact ur local visa office at their help line. They will give tracking of ur documents Having extra should be no problem because u have to request them to change ur visa office to local anyway. Good luck. Keep us updated.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Leptitmotard said:
Hi guys!

What should I do????
Too much of a good thing, could be bad, huh? Well I really hope you're able to sort it out soon... hopefully a quick call to your VO will solve it... Sorry I don't really have enough knowledge/experience to give you better advice. Keep us posted.. and haha @rainman400

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Deccan said:
Cheers, tomneversfield! From what I've gathered from this forum, a lot of outland FSW applicants' BG check has happened much later in the process. Speaking of VOs, are our (US based) applications processed in L.A. and NY? I thought everything is now done centrally from Ottawa.
That was my understanding as well, but a hero member on the forum confirmed that the screen/pre-screening happen on the CIC/Ottawa level, but that the final decision is made by the VO... so the higher the queue at ta certain VO, the longer it will drag. I can't confirm or refute this piece of info, but it kinda makes sense so I have no reason to challenge it

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
tomneversfield said:
That was my understanding as well, but a hero member on the forum confirmed that the screen/pre-screening happen on the CIC/Ottawa level, but that the final decision is made by the VO... so the higher the queue at ta certain VO, the longer it will drag. I can't confirm or refute this piece of info, but it kinda makes sense so I have no reason to challenge it
I think I have to agreed with this if based on spreadsheets. There are a few number of VOs which are consistently faster than others. Some even have no updates at all!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Gabbana said:
I think I have to agreed with this if based on spreadsheets. There are a few number of VOs which are consistently faster than others. Some even have no updates at all!
Yeah I read somewhere that Nigeria averages 35 days! One of the fastest processing times for sure.. I think USA averages 90-100 days based on some observations.. Oh well :)

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Leptitmotard said:
Hi guys!

What should I do????
Hey Mr. two PPR's.. Were you able to sort this out with your local VO? I hope so... please keep us posted!

Leptitmotard

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
02-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-10-2015
Hi!

Not sorted yet... The Canadian Embassy in Paris doesn't have an immigration call center for their VO...

I sent an email via the CIC form... I wish I had a Paris VO phone number to check faster...

I was hoping to get back in Canada on on October 8th... And the Paris VO received my documents on September 22nd, but still haven't heard a thing from them...

Leptitmotard

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
02-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-10-2015
Leptitmotard said:
Hi!

Not sorted yet... The Canadian Embassy in Paris doesn't have an immigration call center for their VO...

I sent an email via the CIC form... I wish I had a Paris VO phone number to check faster...

I was hoping to get back in Canada on on October 8th... And the Paris VO received my documents on September 22nd, but still haven't heard a thing from them...
Problem solved[ish] !

The Paris VO answered my questions and told me that they sent my CoPR on September 25th (3 days after reception, pretty good!) .

I'm just waiting on them now!