+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB007 said:
Lol yes. Why should we bother about the April and May ones :)
Yeah I dont get the logic either... July getting DMs and earlier months being left out. If it makes you feel better I haven't had any movement in mine at all xD

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
No , I'm just happy with everyone getting done ASAP. But the "next in line", technically, are the aggrebated April /May applicants and it isn't very wise to ignore this fact is all :). This said, I truly wish applicants from later months aren't met with the same fate as ours and that their process is smooth and swift. Good luck guys!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to be insensitive to you guys. I didn't think the thread had any April/May visitors... yeah absolutely, you should be getting movement soon... I'm sure you will... Plz let us know when you do (and update the spreadsheet if possible)... Best of luck you guys...

and yeah of course we'll all be happy for anyone who gets a positive DM soon regardless of their submission date or country of residence! :)

Svety

Mar 26, 2013
Hi there,guys!
First of all just wanna wish you best of luck!!! And thanks for the thread. Hopefully, soon I will be sharing my own FSW Outland experiences here too :), but at this point I'm just being stuck with a few uncertainties. I will highly appreciate some information about it.
Currently, I'm in the USA on a tourist visa, and going to apply through FSW soon. As far as I understood I can apply just through the VO in my home country(Ukraine), which is understandable, but do I have to be there physically or not? Will I be expected to pass my medical exam in Ukraine or I can do it in the US as well?

Cheers!

rainman400

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Svety said:
Hi there,guys!
First of all just wanna wish you best of luck!!! And thanks for the thread. Hopefully, soon I will be sharing my own FSW Outland experiences here too :), but at this point I'm just being stuck with a few uncertainties. I will highly appreciate some information about it.
Currently, I'm in the USA on a tourist visa, and going to apply through FSW soon. As far as I understood I can apply just through the VO in my home country(Ukraine), which is understandable, but do I have to be there physically or not? Will I be expected to pass my medical exam in Ukraine or I can do it in the US as well?

Cheers!
AS far as I know, you can just apply online. Don't think there is much to do with VO in the EE process.

As for the medical, you should be able to do it anywhere, don't see how that makes a difference honestly.

Svety

Mar 26, 2013
rainman400 said:
AS far as I know, you can just apply online. Don't think there is much to do with VO in the EE process.

As for the medical, you should be able to do it anywhere, don't see how that makes a difference honestly.
oh, that would be nice. Thank you. But, some consultants and lawyers told me I can't do anything being in the US, so, just trying to collect some more information. Maybe someone had same/similar situation.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Svety said:
Hi there,guys!

Cheers!
I'm a dual citizen (American Egyptian) and I've been living in USA for 8 years now. I'm applying for the States, but I did my medical in Egypt and it passed. I was told by a forum member, that as long as you do the medical exam with a CIC approved panel doctor, it should be fine. CIC doesn't stipulate you do the medical exam in your country of residence... Please try to verify this from a lawyer before you go for your medical exams in the US. Best of luck! Did you receive an ITA? If not, what's your score?

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
tomneversfield said:
Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to be insensitive to you guys. I didn't think the thread had any April/May visitors... yeah absolutely, you should be getting movement soon... I'm sure you will... Plz let us know when you do (and update the spreadsheet if possible)... Best of luck you guys...

and yeah of course we'll all be happy for anyone who gets a positive DM soon regardless of their submission date or country of residence! :)
All cool, thank you for your message:) Will update the spreadsheet. Cheers and good luck!!

Leptitmotard

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2015
Doc's Request.
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
02-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
18-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-10-2015
Hi guys!

For those who received their PPR, how long did it take for your VO to make the CoPR and mail it back to you?

My passport copy arrived at the Canadian Embassy in Paris on Tuesday morning and I haven't heard anything from them yet...

I'm hoping to go back to Canada on October 8th...

Please tell me it did not take that long for you to get the CoPR :-X .

Svety

Mar 26, 2013
tomneversfield said:
I'm a dual citizen (American Egyptian) and I've been living in USA for 8 years now. I'm applying for the States, but I did my medical in Egypt and it passed. I was told by a forum member, that as long as you do the medical exam with a CIC approved panel doctor, it should be fine. CIC doesn't stipulate you do the medical exam in your country of residence... Please try to verify this from a lawyer before you go for your medical exams in the US. Best of luck! Did you receive an ITA? If not, what's your score?
No, I haven't even created my profile yet. :( I'm just being scared to do it now, cause I'm not really sure whether I can really apply being in the US on a tourist visa. According to those 2 lawyers, whom I spoke to about it I cannot do it from here. So, maybe it's worth calling CIC directly and ask them.
At this point I have 481 points and maybe will get a job offer, if that employer stop playing his "games" :)

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Leptitmotard said:
Hi guys!

For those who received their PPR, how long did it take for your VO to make the CoPR and mail it back to you?

My passport copy arrived at the Canadian Embassy in Paris on Tuesday morning and I haven't heard anything from them yet...

I'm hoping to go back to Canada on October 8th...

Please tell me it did not take that long for you to get the CoPR :-X .
It shouldn't take more than a week to ten days. Here in New Delhi, India I got mine back in 3 days.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Svety said:
No, I haven't even created my profile yet. :( I'm just being scared to do it now, cause I'm not really sure whether I can really apply being in the US on a tourist visa. According to those 2 lawyers, whom I spoke to about it I cannot do it from here. So, maybe it's worth calling CIC directly and ask them.
At this point I have 481 points and maybe will get a job offer, if that employer stop playing his "games" :)
481 is a very decent score, well done! You have a very high chance of getting an ITA within 2-3 weeks of creating your profiles (maybe even sooner than 2 weeks). Yeah better to check with CIC (although I hear you you can only call them if you're physically in Canada). Perhaps, you can create your profiles while you're here but put down your country of residence and your address at your home country. I don't think they'll flag your account if your IP address doesn't match your country of residence. In all cases, best of luck and keep us posted!

Deccan

Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another May AOR holder here waiting for some/any movement on application. Added info to spreadsheet. Thanks a ton for creating this group. Very useful.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Svety said:
EE is completely online. You can apply from wherever you are, no restrictions. Do yourselves a favor - ask these consultants/lawyers to send you evidence from CIC's official site to back up their claims and when they can't present such evidence (which they can't as it doesn't exist), you'll have the pleasure of having taught them something before letting them go.

All the best!

Svety

Mar 26, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
EE is completely online. You can apply from wherever you are, no restrictions. Do yourselves a favor - ask these consultants/lawyers to send you evidence from CIC's official site to back up their claims and when they can't present such evidence (which they can't as it doesn't exist), you'll have the pleasure of having taught them something before letting them go.

All the best!
True story. This is what I actually asked them at first place. But, what they replied is "we have decent experience in it and lots of successful cases, so we know better than you blah-blah-blah". Anyways, thought I have to check here with you,guys, as well. Also, there was a rule of a similar kind in the old FSWP. IMM5612E
cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E. pdf (see paragraph 8, page 3 "Proof of admission" section. (sorry, can't post links yet).

According to the information specified in it I can only apply from the country to which I was lawfully admitted for a period of at least 1 year. Unfortunately, this is not my case. So, it's either the lawyers still follow this old rule, thinking this would be same story with EE, or the rule stands unchanged.