+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland - Let's connect here

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HAILMANU said:
Finally received PPR! Got it Dec 30 but only found out today cause the consultant was on hols. Thank god and thanks to everyone on this forum!
Congrats! Are you a US based outlander or not?

Gabbana

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
07-10-2015
Nomination.....
26-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
tomneversfield said:
I'm so sorry to hear Gabbana!! But i'm 100% sure you'll be able to convince them to re-open your application, since it's not your fault!

You know when I applied, I uploaded everything including both Birth certificates of my two sons... then 10 days after AOR, they sent me an email saying that they're missing my kids' birth certificates. I went online and reviewed all the names of the files that I had originally uploaded, and compared them to the folder in my desktop that has all those files, and I was able to confirm without a shadow of a doubt that I had indeed uploaded the birth certificates!!! Of course I didn't want to risk being a smarty pants with CIC, so I just uploaded again both certificates right away.... so YES there are some human errors that happen.. and unfortunately it sounds like your case is one of them! So please don't lose hope and just submit a CSE as soon as possible.
Thanks. It just sucks that a refusal due to human error of CIC is quite awful

mrh20001

Jul 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
30-08-2015
HI folks
i hope you all will be doing fine
i am outland applicant and received my AOR on 26 august 2015
medical passed
BG not started

i want to ask is there any other applicant in the same boat of mine whose BG not stated yet ?

replies will be highly appreicated and when can i expect the BG TO be in progress ?
;D

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Gabbana said:
Bad news but I will obviously appeal. Please help me.

I got a refusal for my application due to stupidity of CIC.

They said that I got refused due to declaring 2 or more educational credentials but only one submitted. However, it is clear in MYCIC that I only got one with complete uploaded docs.

This is plain stupid.

I checked it all over again but it was really correct.

And even based on my gcms notes, they identified it.

I don't understand why would poorly assess.

It's a cost of delay again.
So sorry to hear this!

I hope you already submitted your appeal through CSE, and attached all the supporting documents you have. I am sure you'll get the application reopened since it's their mistake. Keep your hopes up!

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
HAILMANU said:
Finally received PPR! Got it Dec 30 but only found out today cause the consultant was on hols. Thank god and thanks to everyone on this forum!
Congrats :)

Doomitch

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-11-2017
mrh20001 said:
HI folks
i hope you all will be doing fine
i am outland applicant and received my AOR on 26 august 2015
medical passed
BG not started

i want to ask is there any other applicant in the same boat of mine whose BG not stated yet ?

replies will be highly appreicated and when can i expect the BG TO be in progress ?
;D
Hello guy, same timeline, same boat ... I'm waiting my Gcms note (order date : 10th décember) to have more informations.
But don't worry, lots of Fsw outlanders have their BG not Started.

maple325

Sep 13, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Doc's Request.
not needed at this time
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
09-11-2015
Interview........
not needed at this time
Passport Req..
11-04-2016
Yes, I lived in Canada for 1 year with a work & travel visa, probably that's why. However, that was 5+ years ago, hence I couldn't claim Canadian Experience points for this time. But of course I had a file on record already.

Does BG automatically go into progress in such cases or what does it indicate?

hotshot007 said:
Thanks for the info. Maybe your application shares a trait that would be classified as what we define as the inland category. That category has "bg in progress" early on along with Medicals.

By the way did you every live/work/study in Canada?

For Other Readers: I noticed another inland FSW early Aug AOR who although had "bg in progress" early on, had the last activity in his GCMS on Nov 24th before he got PPR on Dec 30th. The timeline is interesting as most of us Aug AOR outland got "bg in progress" around this Nov date. My hypothesis is that during this time the actual visa officer performed the final review on most August AORs, asked additional documents if needed or just performed final review, changed the file to RFV and turned "bg in progress" if it wasn't checked to in progress.

Where additional documents were asked, people got "bg in progress" only after those documents were provided. What I don't have the answer to is the question why many Aug AOR people from outland don't have "bg in progress". One possibility is that maybe the officer forgot to change and there files still had worked performed. Another possibility is that a final decision is pending as the files are complex or some information related to eligibility such as work information still needs to be verified.

I also feel PPRs for outland are delayed for quota related issues and hopefully with the new year we should see PPR love for outlands.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
maple325 said:
Yes, I lived in Canada for 1 year with a work & travel visa, probably that's why. However, that was 5+ years ago, hence I couldn't claim Canadian Experience points for this time. But of course I had a file on record already.

Does BG automatically go into progress in such cases or what does it indicate?
So it seems that your application is being treated as an FSW inland as you have lived in Canada before and have a UCI number. I guess it doesn't matter that your out of Canada now, for the category which we call FSW inland, the bg goes in progress at the start. This just means that once your application is processed you will directly hear from CIC for PPR through an email.

It might be useful to also follow the inland FSW threads as your application will most likely follow similar trajectory rather than us pure FSW outland.

Goodluck!

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
hotshot007 said:
Thanks for the info. Maybe your application shares a trait that would be classified as what we define as the inland category. That category has "bg in progress" early on along with Medicals.

By the way did you every live/work/study in Canada?

For Other Readers: I noticed another inland FSW early Aug AOR who although had "bg in progress" early on, had the last activity in his GCMS on Nov 24th before he got PPR on Dec 30th. The timeline is interesting as most of us Aug AOR outland got "bg in progress" around this Nov date. My hypothesis is that during this time the actual visa officer performed the final review on most August AORs, asked additional documents if needed or just performed final review, changed the file to RFV and turned "bg in progress" if it wasn't checked to in progress.

This is an interesting analysis... I guess all Outland applicants wh saw their

Where additional documents were asked, people got "bg in progress" only after those documents were provided. What I don't have the answer to is the question why many Aug AOR people from outland don't have "bg in progress". One possibility is that maybe the officer forgot to change and there files still had worked performed. Another possibility is that a final decision is pending as the files are complex or some information related to eligibility such as work information still needs to be verified.

I also feel PPRs for outland are delayed for quota related issues and hopefully with the new year we should see PPR love for outlands.
This is an interesting analysis. I feel that all Outland applicants with their BG in progress since November might start getting PPRs now onwards. I really hope BG in progress really has to do something with RFV. Many thanks and +1 fr your efforts

Thanks

rj1jr

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gabbana said:

They said that I got refused due to declaring 2 or more educational credentials but only one submitted. However, it is clear in MYCIC that I only got one with complete uploaded docs.

This is plain stupid.

Sorry to hear this Gabbana... Hope You will get it right after submitting your CSE. We have similar timelines.
Could you please specify what education credentials you mentioned in your app? I am asking this coz I have submitted all my certificates and eca (WES) only for MBA. I am also worried now.

reivax

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2016
Gabbana said:

This is plain stupid.

Sad to hear about that Gabbanna. I hope it will still be fixed and addressed immediately.
As for me, I got my GCMS notes last night and found no remarkable information there.
The last update indicated is almost the same as when my BG check changed to in progress on Nov 14. Since then no update has been added.
I am thinking if I should request for a new one. The date of release of that new gcms will coincide with my 6th month after aor :(

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
hi reivax,
can we please request you to share your GCMS notes here, after omitting any of ur personal data ofcourse....like what was that last recorded activity that you mentioned was written on the day of your background in progress update....what is the status of criminality check etc. it will really help us out, those of us waiting like you.

Thanks in advance

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope Gabanna created a new profile, since another draw just happened ...