App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Congratulations to everyone caught in the latest massive storm! Drowning is great!
(Something no other Filipino caught in a typhoon would say, har har har)

To everyone still waiting for the golden email, hang in there! Winds will blow your way, too!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Dear fellow Ship mates..

Are you tensed about not getting PPR?
Are you worried that you are never part of any of the PPR hurricanes?
Do you feel hurt that people who applied after you have received their PPR as well as their COPR but you are still stuck in the NA blackhole?
Do you go through mood swings of anger, frustration, hope, sadness, disbelief, anxiety?

Well, my 12 points below will hopefully help you ease your pain and I shall try and make you feel a little better. So here we go.

1 - If you are from March end or April and you still have not received your PPR or in IP2 as of today, I can assure you that in 95% of the cases, you are not being processed in Ottawa. I am saying 95% and not 100% because I personally know someone from March end with no PPR and still in Ottawa and I have no clue on that case and why it is stuck.

2 - The easiest way to find your VO office is to mail Ottawa ( Regardless of your VO office) since Ottawa is the fastest and most efficient in mailing back. You should get an answer in maximum 4 days with either the following answers:-
  • Your case is in Ottawa and following normal timelines - If you get this answer, you can normally consider yourself lucky but its not good news at the moment since it means you are stuck. However as of today, it seems very unlikely you will get this answer since most March, April and May folks in Ottawa are currently sipping Pinacoladas with their PPR.
  • Your case is in CIO and still under process - If this is the case, you are the unluckiest person on the forum since it should have moved from CIO to Local office by now and for you, it is going to take a few more months.
  • Your case has finished the process at CIO and now been moved to local Visa office - For March and April, this is the most likely answer. However it's too early to rejoice.

3- If your case is in CIO or Ottawa, there is nothing else you can do for now but to wait for a few more weeks and mail again to check status. I would recommend you order notes to find out why they are hatching eggs with your application!

4 - If your case is in local VO, then mail the local VO for status and confirmation that your file is there. You can search the forum and find the Local VO mail id.

5 - Compared to Ottawa, ALL LOCAL VOs are generally slow. They usually compete among themselves on who can the slowest. It's like they have some kind of competition among themselves on who can be the slowest. and they get some pleasure from replying to anxious mails.

6 - When you mail your Local VO, ask them about the status to make yourself feel a little better. London sends an auto-reply saying it takes 28 days to get back to you.However, since they know we are already down in the dumps, they are not that cruel and they reply within a week and usually give this cut and paste answer - ''Your file is awaiting officer review''. However, don't get too excited, it means the officer will review you soon. They never said when.

7 - In all of this drama, the SINGLE MOST way to reduce anxiety is to order notes. A lot of what I write here is based on my notes and it will make you feel better especially if you have passed the analyst 11.2 eligibility check.

8 - And now to give you a bit of a background info about your case depending on timelines.

• If you are still in Ottawa as of today and your AOR is March,April or May , you have to order notes to find out what is happening to your case. It is quite abnormal if you are in NA that they have singled you out for not giving you the hurricane while everyone else got theirs. Order notes to find out. If you are in IP2, go for a vacation, it will come soon. 15 to 30 days gap is now for some reason common between IP2 and PPR.
  • If you are in CIO, you could order notes or call CIC to find out which stage your application is. You shouldn't still be in CIO since your application is very very delayed if you are March AOR or April AOR are still in CIO.
  • If you moved from CIO to Local VO, you have a small reason to celebrate. You have passed the analyst A11.2 since they do that before they ship you off to Local VO.However I strongly strongly recommend you order notes to READ what they have said in your eligibility. This info, they never give on phone or email so unless you order notes, you won't know what exactly to feel. In my case, analyst was happy with my work experience letters and everything else and said...Eligibility Met. Hence even though I am delayed, I feel better since I have passed eligibility and now only need an officer review. 99% of the cases, officer agrees with analyst so its a good safe place to be.
9 - When you order notes AFTER you move to Local VO, they usually put a DUE date. The DUE DATE is usually a month after you moved to the local VO. I am not sure if it's a month for everyone but I am told its system generated so it's safe to say that DUE DATE is a month from the date your file moved to Local VO. That's when they are expected to check your file again. We don't know if they will assign a new due date or the officer will do final review then. My due date is next week and I shall let you all know if anything happens on my due date.

10 - If you know your due date from notes ( or a guess work of 1 month from transfer to Local VO), I recommend ordering notes 3 days before DUE DATE so even if you don't get PPR, you will atleast know if someone has happened to the file after a month of its movement to Local VO.

11 - London is very slow. They are currently clearing Feb and March folks apparently. So maybe in a month or two, they will come to April folks.

12- Even if you passed Analyst Eligibility, you are still in NA because unless the officer cleares your eligibility, you are in the NA hole.

Overall, people who took the CIO - Local VO route have to wait about 5 to 7 months for PPR. It's not fair, but that's the dice rolled for us by CIC and LIFE! Hope this answers all your doubts and you all feel better!

Last edited:

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I also need to add that Local VO need NOT be the VO in your country. Just coz you are in UAE, doesn't necessarily mean that it will in Abu Dhabi. Mine has been moved to London. It depends on load sharing. So best to mail them to find out where your local Vo is.

Apr 5, 2017
I am seriously lost as to why I am yet to receive my PPR... IP2 for almost a month now.... sigh.. what could really be happening with my application?
I know the feeling. I've been stuck in IP2 for 19 days now, even after getting confirmation that the application has been approved. (But wi haffi jus gwaan trod an hole a medz) ***Just have to wait and hope for the best.

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I also need to add that Local VO need NOT be the VO in your country. Just coz you are in UAE, doesn't necessarily mean that it will in Abu Dhabi. Mine has been moved to London. It depends on load sharing. So best to mail them to find out where your local Vo is.
Thanks Captain :) Will know my fate today or next week as to where I have been shipped off to or whether still in storage at CIO.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
YAAAAY SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! CONGRATS after all the hardship everything is going to be alright! Much Love to your family!
Thank you Astral. Hope you have got the COPR and visa.

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
how do I know where my file is being processed?

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Congrats everyone!!!

My AOR is April 20 and still on IP1 though meds were passed on June 20 (I think it's IP1, "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check")....what's going on??
Order GSMS notes. That is the only thing that can give you sanity. I am 44 day on IP1. AOR May 20. Nothing bothers me anymore. Just log in to my account twice a week to check requests for additional docs.

Not letting this rob me of enjoying life. It will come when and if it will come.

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Dear fellow Ship mates..

Are you tensed about not getting PPR?
Are you worried that you are never part of any of the PPR hurricanes?
Do you feel hurt that people who applied after you have received their PPR as well as their COPR but you are still stuck in the NA blackhole?
Do you go through mood swings of anger, frustration, hope, sadness, disbelief, anxiety?

Well, my 12 points below will hopefully help you ease your pain and I shall try and make you feel a little better. So here we go.

1 - If you are from March end or April and you still have not received your PPR or in IP2 as of today, I can assure you that in 95% of the cases, you are not being processed in Ottawa. I am saying 95% and not 100% because I personally know someone from March end with no PPR and still in Ottawa and I have no clue on that case and why it is stuck.

2 - The easiest way to find your VO office is to mail Ottawa ( Regardless of your VO office) since Ottawa is the fastest and most efficient in mailing back. You should get an answer in maximum 4 days with either the following answers:-
  • Your case is in Ottawa and following normal timelines - If you get this answer, you can normally consider yourself lucky but its not good news at the moment since it means you are stuck. However as of today, it seems very unlikely you will get this answer since most March, April and May folks in Ottawa are currently sipping Pinacoladas with their PPR.
  • Your case is in CIO and still under process - If this is the case, you are the unluckiest person on the forum since it should have moved from CIO to Local office by now and for you, it is going to take a few more months.
  • Your case has finished the process at CIO and now been moved to local Visa office - For March and April, this is the most likely answer. However it's too early to rejoice.

3- If your case is in CIO or Ottawa, there is nothing else you can do for now but to wait for a few more weeks and mail again to check status. I would recommend you order notes to find out why they are hatching eggs with your application!

4 - If your case is in local VO, then mail the local VO for status and confirmation that your file is there. You can search the forum and find the Local VO mail id.

5 - Compared to Ottawa, ALL LOCAL VOs are generally slow. They usually compete among themselves on who can the slowest. It's like they have some kind of competition among themselves on who can be the slowest. and they get some pleasure from replying to anxious mails.

6 - When you mail your Local VO, ask them about the status to make yourself feel a little better. London sends an auto-reply saying it takes 28 days to get back to you.However, since they know we are already down in the dumps, they are not that cruel and they reply within a week and usually give this cut and paste answer - ''Your file is awaiting officer review''. However, don't get too excited, it means the officer will review you soon. They never said when.

7 - In all of this drama, the SINGLE MOST way to reduce anxiety is to order notes. A lot of what I write here is based on my notes and it will make you feel better especially if you have passed the analyst 11.2 eligibility check.

8 - And now to give you a bit of a background info about your case depending on timelines.

• If you are still in Ottawa as of today and your AOR is March,April or May , you have to order notes to find out what is happening to your case. It is quite abnormal if you are in NA that they have singled you out for not giving you the hurricane while everyone else got theirs. Order notes to find out. If you are in IP2, go for a vacation, it will come soon. 15 to 30 days gap is now for some reason common between IP2 and PPR.
  • If you are in CIO, you could order notes or call CIC to find out which stage your application is. You shouldn't still be in CIO since your application is very very delayed if you are March AOR or April AOR are still in CIO.
  • If you moved from CIO to Local VO, you have a small reason to celebrate. You have passed the analyst A11.2 since they do that before they ship you off to Local VO.However I strongly strongly recommend you order notes to READ what they have said in your eligibility. This info, they never give on phone or email so unless you order notes, you won't know what exactly to feel. In my case, analyst was happy with my work experience letters and everything else and said...Eligibility Met. Hence even though I am delayed, I feel better since I have passed eligibility and now only need an officer review. 99% of the cases, officer agrees with analyst so its a good safe place to be.
9 - When you order notes AFTER you move to Local VO, they usually put a DUE date. The DUE DATE is usually a month after you moved to the local VO. I am not sure if it's a month for everyone but I am told its system generated so it's safe to say that DUE DATE is a month from the date your file moved to Local VO. That's when they are expected to check your file again. We don't know if they will assign a new due date or the officer will do final review then. My due date is next week and I shall let you all know if anything happens on my due date.

10 - If you know your due date from notes ( or a guess work of 1 month from transfer to Local VO), I recommend ordering notes 3 days before DUE DATE so even if you don't get PPR, you will atleast know if someone has happened to the file after a month of its movement to Local VO.

11 - London is very slow. They are currently clearing Feb and March folks apparently. So maybe in a month or two, they will come to April folks.

12- Even if you passed Analyst Eligibility, you are still in NA because unless the officer cleares your eligibility, you are in the NA hole.

Overall, people who took the CIO - Local VO route have to wait about 5 to 7 months for PPR. It's not fair, but that's the dice rolled for us by CIC and LIFE! Hope this answers all your doubts and you all feel better!
Wow. Such a great post backed up with some data. Thanks for sharing!

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Dropping by to reaffirm my ship mate status. Still here on John's rotting ship. AOR day 83 today and still stuck on IP1. IP1 status for 44 days now. Waiting on GCMS notes. Nothing bothers yours truly anymore. Totally numb. Just log in Mondays and Fridays to check for the possibility of additional docs now.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Got our Visa Stamped Passport and COPR on Aug 8th.

Stream: FSW-O
CRS: 440
NOC: 2173

ITA - March 1
AOR - May 26
Medicals Passed - July 5
BG Check IP1 - July 5
BG Check NA - July 6
BG Check IP2 - July 21
PPR - July 24

Submitted Passport - July 31
Application Approved - August 4
Collected Passport/COPR - August 8

Visa/COPR Expiry - May 30, 2018

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Dropping by to reaffirm my ship mate status. Still here on John's rotting ship. AOR day 83 today and still stuck on IP1. IP1 status for 44 days now. Waiting on GCMS notes. Nothing bothers yours truly anymore. Totally numb. Just log in Mondays and Fridays to check for the possibility of additional docs now.
I bet you will get PPR directly without NA and IP2 :p What about GCMS?

Reactions: KiranK

harps11

Jul 12, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
was little tensed yesterday as many June AOR had got PPR:(:oops:......& kept saying to myself that I should have been in the Aug 9/10 PPR Rain:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. checked my mail one last time at 11:15 PM before going of to sleep & WHOA !!!:):):):):):) there it was....it finally rained for us.
It was my lawyers mail conforming our PPR followed by the Golden mail......dated 9th Aug-8:05pm. Could'nt figure out if i was happy or sad but could'nt sleep the whole damn night.
Today morning-have a severe headache but the anxiety has gone away.

The last & major Obstacle has been crossed......now get ready for the Battle ahead....one for survival where we all have to start from scratch.

Thank you all for sticking together in crossing this last obstacle.Wish u all a speedy PPR & settlement with blessings of the almighty.

My timelines-ITA: April 13/ AOR: May 31/ PPR: Aug 09

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
was little tensed yesterday as many June AOR had got PPR:(:oops:......& kept saying to myself that I should have been in the Aug 9/10 PPR Rain:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. checked my mail one last time at 11:15 PM before going of to sleep & WHOA !!!:):):):):):) there it was....it finally rained for us.
It was my lawyers mail conforming our PPR followed by the Golden mail......dated 9th Aug-8:05pm. Could'nt figure out if i was happy or sad but could'nt sleep the whole damn night.
Today morning-have a severe headache but the anxiety has gone away.

The last & major Obstacle has been crossed......now get ready for the Battle ahead....one for survival where we all have to start from scratch.

Thank you all for sticking together in crossing this last obstacle.Wish u all a speedy PPR & settlement with blessings of the almighty.

My timelines-ITA: April 13/ AOR: May 31/ PPR: Aug 09
CONGRATS!!!!!!! New Life awaits now :)

bpcsekhar

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Congrats, please share your timeline thanks.
Thank you Karens..Please find my timeline

AOR -21/05/2017
Meds passed -30/06/2017
IP1 -30/06/217
BG to NA -01/07/2017
IP2 -29/07/2017 (This is the date i checked in my CIC account)
PPR -09/07/2017