AOR Received.
19-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
25-08-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
You clearly missed the point there dear. The said person is not being impatient because of not getting a PPR or IP2, like rest of the lot!!!!!!!!!!!
He simply wants his IP1 to be over and know that he passed R10 thats all, his patience is commendable and he has every right to be impatient if he is! I have seen people getting impatient for PPR even knowing that their applications are approved and I support them also. If so was the case why every day we are discussing timelines daily and wanting updates etc. let's wait for 6 months and catch up later eh? Still we have the 80% loophole.
He might even be worried about a possible rejection here due to a long IP1 as it happens in some cases, we cannot assume what his condition is here, maximum rejections happen due to missing PCCs and he is not out of woods in even that one.

Ofcourse each application is different, and ofcourse we know the "6 month thing" and also that also applies to only 80% of cases, so CIC can never be questioned ever in that way. I am not here to defend CIC. If anyone is patient enough to wait 6-8 months happily without questioning, i admire them. But it is natural to worry, like i said you passed medicals when everyone else was passing at 60 days, what if you haven't passed it till date? Wouldn't you be worried my friend that something is not normal as all other files passed the medical way before yours? If not I say you are a saint and hats off, but most of us will be my dear. This is what the issue is here.
You are in IP2 waiting and there are many others here to accompany you as we are seeing a delay in PPRs these days, the said person is all alone in there, it is difficult. I think its each to their own and everyone has a right to express themselves here.

Also If someone has to wait 150 days to get PPR, yes its sad and unfortunate, but it does not mean we should look down upon people getting bit worried at fewer days, they have their own set of timelines to compare and own circumstances, I support everyone here and have never told off anyone even on 30 days also that you are impatient, maybe that person is new to the process and is scared seeing others at 30 days getting PPR, you never know! Let's not judge i say. If CIC had hard and fast timeline of 6 months everyone including the most impatient soul would wait quietly then:):)

Well Said and I totally agree !!

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
The point of my original response may have been misinterpreted. But looking down on ppl is not something I do.... my mere response is intended to address abnormality that was suggested as I did not see it as such. :):). The OP impatience is justified.
That is the point here, his case is not normal as IP1 lasts 40 days+ in rare cases not normal cases. To which you replied that you find nothing abnormal in it and suggested the other person to not be impatient. Hence our discussion here.
Anyway you have a right to express your opinion my friend and i appreciate it:):). These healthy debates are good, we all learn something.
Let's hope you and our other friend both receive some update this or maximum next week:D. i will be rooting for you:)

Reactions: gurik

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yep I got the exact same email from them last week!! Mine is at Ottawa too but I thought Ottawa was meant to be quick?? I just want to know eligibility has been passed...I think that would keep me happy!
Tried calling dear?

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Yep I got the exact same email from them last week!! Mine is at Ottawa too but I thought Ottawa was meant to be quick?? I just want to know eligibility has been passed...I think that would keep me happy!
i got the same replyon july 19th and status changed to IP2 on 22nd. really hoping ottawa picks up its pace !

Reactions: becky244 and KiranK

sunilwadhwa19

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hello guys,

I need your advice on an issue.

The problem is my passport has less than 6 months validity (about 5 month and 26 days to be exact) and I know for most visa applications your passport should be valid for 6 months or more. Problem is I've been on IP2 for some time now or and my fear is if I go and renew my passport now PPR mail might drop anytime.

So my question is should I send my passport like that if PPR mail drops or should I try to renew it before the PPR mail drops, also it takes about a week or more to renew my passport. Does it really matter if one's passport has less than 6 months validity? Will visa office stamp on a passport with less than 6 months validity?

Also, I definitely intend to travel before the expiry of my passport or expected visa expiry date.
Hi @SailTee, would suggest you to get your passport renewed. As the current passport would create issue at the time of stamping. And renewing passport won't take more than 7-10 days and you would have 30 days from the date of receiving the PPR. so it make sense to get yourself fully prepared before you get the golden mail. Hope it helps... All the very Best !!

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
Yes definitely, ask specifically for eligibility check.
- You can call CIC on - 1-613-944-4000 (from outside Canada)
I had called them in this number today and they said my file is almost finalised pending decision to be made by ottawa CPC. I did ask them as to when will the final decision be made for which the agent told that they cant tell the time as they dont have any control over my file and it can well take around 6 months of time. Hope ppr rains heavily tomorrow and friday.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I had called them in this number today and they said my file is almost finalised pending decision to be made by ottawa CPC. I did ask them as to when will the final decision be made for which the agent told that they cant tell the time as they dont have any control over my file and it can well take around 6 months of time. Hope ppr rains heavily tomorrow and friday.
That is good news! It will most likely be soon now!!!