Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Looks like CIC went on a long weekend vacation this weekend :( Only 6 PPR requests over the weekend as compared to 71 last weekend! That's a huge difference. Number of PPRs in July are less than that of June. Of course, this is as per the data on "Myimmigration" forum and I'm assuming everyone logged their entry.

CIC, where are you guys?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Final timeline looks like this

FSW -O
AOR - 2nd May
Med Pass- 21st June
BG- NA 22nd June
BG - IP 23rd Jun
BG - NA 29th Jun
BG- IP2 16th July
Additional Documents : NR - 16th July
PPR - 21st July
CoRP - 31st July
Hey Congrats...
Whats ur country of residence

Reactions: JabNas

Varuvij

Oct 28, 2016
Dubai Uae
Category........
App. Filed.......
1-4-2016
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
8-2-2017
AOR Received.
27-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
Looks like CIC went on a long weekend vacation this weekend :( Only 6 PPR requests over the weekend as compared to 71 last weekend! That's a huge difference. Number of PPRs in July are less than that of June. Of course, this is as per the data on "Myimmigration" forum and I'm assuming everyone logged their entry.

CIC, where are you guys?

they better pull up thier socks. I have a feeling that this week will be another downpour of ppr's starting today-Monday.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I wasn't aware of this, I just thought that since I'm not sponsored by any province I could land anywhere in Canada.

If I land in Toronto, can I provide an address (of a friend) in Montreal to receive the PR card there? or do I have to give an address in the same province I landed in?

Thanks for your help.
Yes. You can LIVE anywhere you want once you finish landing formalities as an FSW. Their argument is that if your intent was to live in Quebec, you should have gone through the Quebec immigration program which is completely separate from every other province in English Canada.

You mentioned you intend to land and live in Toronto in your application. Landing in Quebec and living in Quebec goes against what you signed in your application.

If I were you, I will get the PR card sent to someone in Ontario if possible. After a long hard road to PPR, the last thing you want is to mess it up at the finish line!

techLover

Aug 29, 2016

CIC, where are you guys?
@astralsource , @vishalphonsa , @ZDMHH and others.

I have somehow similar case ... Received approval via email (no PPR yet) [aproved at 30 June, received email of approval 21 July].

Yesterday, my status again changed to "Review of additional documents : The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." Previously status show documents are being reviewed etc.

Anyone status also changed to "have been uploaded"?

Reactions: nevergiveup1990

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017

I have somehow similar case ... Received approval via email (no PPR yet) [aproved at 30 June, received email of approval 21 July].

Yesterday, my status again changed to "Review of additional documents : The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." Previously status show documents are being reviewed etc.

Not for me. After the status changed to IP2, the update is "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed". The only additional document I can think of is RPRF.

May be not true but status updates on the application can't be relied upon. There are a few folks here who go the PPR without any update on the status online.

You've received approval email on 21st July and it's been almost 10 days (and one PPR rain weekend) but no PPR, not unsual but shouldn't happen. What's your VO?

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Not for me. After the status changed to IP2, the update is "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed". The only additional document I can think of is RPRF.

May be not true but status updates on the application can't be relied upon. There are a few folks here who go the PPR without any update on the status online.

You've received approval email on 21st July and it's been almost 10 days (and one PPR rain weekend) but no PPR, not unsual but shouldn't happen. What's your VO?
True, status doesn't means much in many cases. I paid RPRF upfront.
hahaha, its not unsual.... Waiting is very painful sometimes....
I got reply from Ottawa Office and assuming VO Ottawa

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
True, status doesn't means much in many cases. I paid RPRF upfront.
hahaha, its not unsual.... Waiting is very painful sometimes....
I got reply from Ottawa Office and assuming VO Ottawa
As we see from others too, Ottawa has a way of quickly processing applications then let them wait for a month or more before issuing PPR. So basically it comes the same as you were processed in Sydney or London which are known to be slower!

Reactions: vishalphonsa

RedSpy

Mar 22, 2017
Yes. You can LIVE anywhere you want once you finish landing formalities as an FSW. Their argument is that if your intent was to live in Quebec, you should have gone through the Quebec immigration program which is completely separate from every other province in English Canada.

You mentioned you intend to land and live in Toronto in your application. Landing in Quebec and living in Quebec goes against what you signed in your application.

If I were you, I will get the PR card sent to someone in Ontario if possible. After a long hard road to PPR, the last thing you want is to mess it up at the finish line!
Thanks for the clarifications. You're right, I shouldn't take this extra risk.
The problem is that the only person I know in Canada lives in Montreal. I was hoping I could apply for the PR with my friend's address, and return home immediately instead of waiting for the card to be issued. But it looks like I will have to spend the whole 1-2 months in Toronto in order to receive my PR card.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Thanks for the clarifications. You're right, I shouldn't take this extra risk.
The problem is that the only person I know in Canada lives in Montreal. I was hoping I could apply for the PR with my friend's address, and return home immediately instead of waiting for the card to be issued. But it looks like I will have to spend the whole 1-2 months in Toronto in order to receive my PR card.
what about the ups option do you have any idea??

RedSpy

Mar 22, 2017
what about the ups option do you have any idea??
I made a bit of research, I found a post of a guy that said that the officer at the airport rejected the UPS address. But there are people who have used it successfully.

I'm not sure if it's a safe option or not.

Last edited:

nevergiveup1990

Jan 4, 2017

Mine changed from being reviewed to uploaded yesterday. Submitted RCMP on July 12th.

Reactions: techLover