App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Yea now this thread needs to out of the waiting era....... high time.
Also, please no one come here with "in all fairness they give 6 months thing". They are very well capable of handling files in bloody 30 days as they have shown in June, so until and unless one is stuck in some security check or some fraud case, I think there is no 6 months issue here. April/may folks need to have PPRs now, its been enough.
For the people who have this view of 6 months i appreciate and salute your patience, honestly.
But I am feeling here for my friends who daily get up in the hope to see that mail in their inboxes and have been patient enough. Meanwhile they are seeing PPRs being issued left and right. Also i know that "every case is different aspect". But clearly CIC has approved files hanging....
I am honestly happy for the people who got quick PPRs, i am one of those, but CIC should clear the backlog also side by side.
I am ranting on behalf of @astralsource, @johnsyk, @prisai90 and every single April/May AOR waiting.

Hope your wait ends next week guys, salute to your patience!
Its a trap, just when you start relaxing, CIC does something unpredictable and burns you some more. Governments, all the same. People are their last concern obviously.

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Well, maybe some people were able to get all the information provided, in the EXACT format requested, all in one go. Or theie job had a NOC which was a perfect match. It's about removing as many hurdles to acceptance or reasons for extra scrutiny or review as possible I suppose.

Or, those applicants had qualifications or experience that are in particular demand in the Canadian job market, so their application was effectively expedited.

Maybe they have a job offer already.

I'm sure there are other possibilities, but those are a few off the top of my head. 6 or 7 here or there getting processed in 30 days is quite a small number and therefore must have exceptional circumstances.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Well, maybe some people were able to get all the information provided, in the EXACT format requested, all in one go. Or theie job had a NOC which was a perfect match. It's about removing as many hurdles to acceptance or reasons for extra scrutiny or review as possible I suppose.

Or, those applicants had qualifications or experience that are in particular demand in the Canadian job market, so their application was effectively expedited.

Maybe they have a job offer already.

I'm sure there are other possibilities, but those are a few off the top of my head. 6 or 7 here or there getting processed in 30 days is quite a small number and therefore must have exceptional circumstances.
Actually it is pretty consistent over there, every day a new PPR in 30-40 day line, 3-4 cases are rare in some months, but 13 cases coming consistently everyday it is the new trend dear. These people had their IP1 and medicals in 15-20 days, so it is obvious they are getting the rest of the process quick as well. Reason behind it is clear preferance to FSWO now. CEC is in the long wait now. April folks had medical and IP1 in 60-70 days, so that cuts away the maximum wait.

In my opinion there is no perfect file and its pure dumb luck, I have seen candidates with complicated files with weakest supporting docs being done in 7-8 days after IP1. Whereas excellent cases hanging around. Its just all luck. Yes certain things can delay files like suspicious travels or eligibility concerns etc. or random quality checks. But most candidates here are moral law abiding people and most provide all needed docs also. So it all comes down to which VO you are sent to, what kind of Visa officer you get etc etc.

Reactions: gurik and JabNas

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Not if the feel is just gathering dust as I suspect it is.
I hope not, for your sake dear. I think as CIO has "hugeeeee workload", maybe the stupid agents forget to check files for days as one might be assigned too many and they are unable to manage this efficiently. There is no other logical explanation that comes to my mind.

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Actually it is pretty consistent over there, every day a new PPR in 30-40 day line, 3-4 cases are rare in some months, but 13 cases coming consistently everyday it is the new trend dear. These people had their IP1 and medicals in 15-20 days, so it is obvious they are getting the rest of the process quick as well. Reason behind it is clear preferance to FSWO now. CEC is in the long wait now. April folks had medical and IP1 in 60-70 days, so that cuts away the maximum wait.

In my opinion there is no perfect file and its pure dumb luck, I have seen candidates with complicated files with weakest supporting docs being done in 7-8 days after IP1. Whereas excellent cases hanging around. Its just all luck. Yes certain things can delay files like suspicious travels or eligibility concerns etc. or random quality checks. But most candidates here are moral law abiding people and most provide all needed docs also. So it all comes down to which VO you are sent to, what kind of Visa officer you get etc etc.
Yeah, I can see what you're saying.

Without being there and seeing what's actually going on, who knows.

Still, all numbers are relative, and these figures can only be understood against data about just how many are applying in the first place. % not raw numbers alone if you see what I mean.

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
I hope not, for your sake dear. I think as CIO has "hugeeeee workload", maybe the stupid agents forget to check files for days as one might be assigned too many and they are unable to manage this efficiently. There is no other logical explanation that comes to my mind.
The frustrating thing is not just the wait. But the fact that you keep having to log into your account in case there is an ADR request. And seeing the lack of movement each time is annoying. Would have tuned off this a long time ago and check every three weeks or so if not for the possibility of an ADR request.

kimokamel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I have recently seen a rejection after RPRF was paid, so this is no criteria here my friend (sadly).
It just depends on the agent when they ask for it, sometimes after R10 , sometimes after eligibility, nothing hard and fast.
I hear ya man. CIC is unpredictable you can never get a conclusion of how they handle the cases. I think they should be more "translucent" on showing the progress of the application.

Reactions: JabNas and KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yeah, I can see what you're saying.

Without being there and seeing what's actually going on, who knows.

Still, all numbers are relative, and these figures can only be understood against data about just how many are applying in the first place. % not raw numbers alone if you see what I mean.
Yeah i get where you are coming from, let's hope they have empathetic look towards April/May folks also.
I think CIC has OCD, first they had gone mad for CECs and FSWO was in wait now they are breaking all records in FSWO, all others on hold. God knows what they do, we mere mortals can only but speculate here.
All the best to you dear, hope your wait ends soon.:)

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I hear ya man. CIC is unpredictable you can never get a conclusion of how they handle the cases. I think they should be more "translucent" on showing the progress of the application.
Exactly! will it kill them to show eligibility recommended passed when it is actually recommended passed on CIC account.
Nobody will be calling and bothering them then.
But then I think maybe its because they do not want applicants to know the real time status, i.e why they give all these confusing updates, so that we can keep figuring out. Then there is the point that then why do they tell exact status on calls and what is with the stupid rule that Outside applicants can't call!
Like I said only they know or God does, we can just speculate.

Reactions: gurik

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
The frustrating thing is not just the wait. But the fact that you keep having to log into your account in case there is an ADR request. And seeing the lack of movement each time is annoying. Would have tuned off this a long time ago and check every three weeks or so if not for the possibility of an ADR request.
Yes I get it, you cannot even try to forget about it....... Don't worry as long as you are sure about PCCs and the fact that you have provided all required docs, this IP1 is not worrying, frustrating but hopefully all is good. Also I read that you had extensive travel history, just be sure about all PCCs, if they are good i assume this will be over for good soon.