AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
You are right, It was indeed very visionary of @johnsyk, thanks ya for creating this thread.:D
Hahah. Nothing visionary. All the threads had many CEC applicants who had much faster processing times so just wanted to create one just for FSW folks. And I put 2 months together coz I was worried if there weren't enough people to compare timelines with just a single month! :)

Galaxyshine

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
I was also taking help of a consultant initially since I didn't know much about Canadian immigration and did not want to risk missing any documents. But as I went through the process I realized that it's a piece of cake and they were doing nothing but just uploading the documents provided by me in my profile. So I decided to continue the journey by myself and I dumped them. Fortunately the fees was split into instalments and I only paid a small amount until I got ITA. Also they had shared my profile login credentials with me. So I was not totally dependent on them. Anyways, I hope your application gets through soon so you don't have to deal with any stupid consultants again.
I had similar experience, in my case I created another pool profile and I asked the consultant to deny the first ITA and I did the application myself with a second ITA. I used a different email address.
The consultant refused to update my profile while I was in the pool, that would have led to a complex series of LOEs and CSEs after I received ITA. Not to talk about the fees....enough for 6months accommodation in Canada!
If you must use a consultant, create your profile yourself and hand the login details to them. That way you can always check the status of your application yourself at any time without having to rely on their feedbacks.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Guys, just got off a call with CIC. The lady on the phone was kind and helpful but so far not very encouraging when it comes to timelines:-

1 - My case is still in early stages and in CIO Sydney.
2 - They have not added my CSE yet to my case. They are getting a very high volume of CSE so it will take time to get added. She said, dont worry, rest assured it will be added soon at some point. No timeline given.
3 - I asked her if I passed eligibility and she said that they are still doing my background check.
4 - I asked her what is Background check? Is it security? Criminality? She said its difficult to say coz it just shows that the background check is still going on. They have everything they need and they have not asked for any additional documents.

Any idea what exactly are they doing in background check? I think I have a very slow and lazy VO! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Galaxyshine

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
The biggest scam artists are these guys. They have a new website now.

http://oopnpconsultants.com/

The Toronto address given in the website is apparently fake. It doesn't exist. They take your money and run. There are so many people on this forum duped by them. They used to give fake news about IRCC and cut offs etc and used to take content from this forum. Many gullible people believed them and even parted with their money. They sound like they are operating from Canada but they are in some undisclosed off shore location!
These particular ones are fakes. They have duped quite a number of people, some close to me. Nothing to show for the money they collected and they stopped picking calls.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hahah. Nothing visionary. All the threads had many CEC applicants who had much faster processing times so just wanted to create one just for FSW folks. And I put 2 months together coz I was worried if there weren't enough people to compare timelines with just a single month! :)
Well exactly, it was well thought of:)

Reactions: astralsource

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys, just got off a call with CIC. The lady on the phone was kind and helpful but so far not very encouraging when it comes to timelines:-

1 - My case is still in early stages and in CIO Sydney.
2 - They have not added my CSE yet to my case. They are getting a very high volume of CSE so it will take time to get added. She said, dont worry, rest assured it will be added soon at some point. No timeline given.
3 - I asked her if I passed eligibility and she said that they are still doing my background check.
4 - I asked her what is Background check? Is it security? Criminality? She said its difficult to say coz it just shows that the background check is still going on. They have everything they need and they have not asked for any additional documents.

Any idea what exactly are they doing in background check? I think I have a very slow and lazy VO! :rolleyes:
Dont worry about your cse,i raised one on 14th of may,didnt recieve any email notification and after contacting cic by phone i got my status changed to additional documents are added,i believe that the phone call accelerated the process of updating the cse

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Dont worry about your cse,i raised one on 14th of may,didnt recieve any email notification and after contacting cic by phone i got my status changed to additional documents are added,i believe that the phone call accelerated the process of updating the cse
Thanks. Will wait and see how it plays out. I will call them again 2 weeks from now around day 95!

Reactions: Wolverine17

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016

Hey what's your BG status now? I passed medicals yesterday. The BG status is showing application in progress, next step is conduct background check.

Reactions: astralsource