App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
Hopefully your application would have been approved by now. Now a days they are taking a lot of time to send PPR emails.
If you haven't enquired about the Visa office, you may do so by the process below.
------
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number:

Date of Birth:

Last Name:

First Name:

UCI:

Category of Immigration:
--------
Can you give the email address where I need to send the inquiry? Thanks!

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Can anyone who got ppr recently plz share your experience regarding the fact its written in bold in my ppr that "this does not guarantee visa issuance" ?? @KiranK @gurik @In_Need_Of_Silver_Lining @Wolverine17 @astralsource
Congratulations Sam!!
In my letter it was mentioned something about if not sent PP in 30 days then refusal etc. Nothing other than this. Actually they properly scan our PP after PPR when we send it to check it be a proper document/id, I think maybe because of that they have mentioned.
What is the subject line? if it is ready for visa, then i am sure its just a mere formality...

Reactions: sam_15

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
Congratulations Sam!!
In my letter it was mentioned something about if not sent PP in 30 days then refusal etc. Nothing other than this. Actually they properly scan our PP after PPR when we send it to check it be a proper document/id, I think maybe because of that they have mentioned.
What is the subject line? if it is ready for visa, then i am sure its just a mere formality...
The subject is ready for visa

Reactions: gurik
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks for Yatra tip... IMO you should extend your Airbnb to at least 10-15 days, may be more.. Cause
1) Most of the house/condo owners will want an SSN or proof of employment.
2) You will need to figure out your home-work commute to work situation. Keep in mind that the winters are brutal here.
3) You need to factor school area if you have kids.
4) You don't want to outsource you house hunting.

Stay close to your office if you can, you may not be able to save lot of money but it will take care of lot of variables for first 12 months in a foreign land. Also keep in mind that usually we have to sign an 12 month lease agreement, so getting it right is important..
My pleasure @heynow. I hope you and others could benefit from it :)

Also, thanks a ton for offering useful advice on house-hunting. Although I have started hunting for jobs, yet I doubt if I would have any success while I am still in India. Hence, I would probably land in Canada without a job. By SSN, do you mean Social Insurance Number? Does it take two weeks for the concerned authorities to issue it?

Do landlords not offer any short-term stay there (e.g. 3-6 month contract)? Would you know people (students or single professionals) who have recently shifted there and are looking for a housemate to reduce the burden of rent? If yes, please connect me with them.

Thanks again!!!

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Could you tell me if the Approval Mail was sent by one Marie?? Nope, no PPR news as of now, hoping for the best. Thanks.
I'll have to look but it wasn't Marie for sure. But how would this matter. All official emails irrespective of who sent it should carry the same weight, no?

vishalphonsa

Apr 25, 2016
Pune, India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
Good morning everyone,

I have woken up to something I need to make sure I'm not still dreaming, I've received my ppr email.
Wow!! Getting up to PPR mail is sweet. Enjoy your morning while you dance :)

Reactions: MegaJamie

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
@techLover congrats its finally done!! Geezz what a ride! @sam_15 I have no such wordings on my letter! In what context does it say and where?

I just got an apologetic e-mail from CIC.

"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service. We realize we have incurred delays which have prevented answering within the prescribed time frame.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Rest assured that our priority is to answer your needs.

If your enquiry has yet to be answered via other channels such as our phone agents, paid representatives, community centres, etc., please write back to us using the IRCC Web form.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca"

So there it is, point proven. All the rude or irrespective agents are probably violating their employment contract @johnsyk
Thanks dear, finally its done. Now start preparing ourself for new challenges. Many Congrats to you dear. Stay blessed.

simran.001

May 15, 2016
Visa Office......
New delhi
AOR Received.
30-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
Guys finally CoPR:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you all for your amazing support, wisdom, kindness and love, couldn't have done without my forum family here!!!!
Love you all <3 <3

Cart wheeling to get my Oscar now:p:cool::D:D:rolleyes:
Congrats Kiran!!
Where Did you submit your passport? Chandigarh or New Delhi?