+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW or Quebec? TEF or TCF Quebec?

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm still confused whether I should apply for FSW or for Quebec...

Does anyone have any idea about the Quebec requirements after 31st March? I was eligible as per the requirements before March 2012...
Accordingly, am not sure also if I should sit for the TEF (registration for March exam closes today) or TCF Quebec (half the price and exam in mid-April)

With regards to the FSW:
My occupation is specialized but not sure if it will even be within NOC 0, A & B...and now that Minister Kenny has announced that there will be a list of occupational categories, I'm nearly 99% sure my occupation won't be there because its so general (not in-demand, neither specialized in any way)

I dont mind settling down in Quebec for a few years...or anywhre in Canada for that matter - haev done french for 12 years in school (but haven't practived for the past 7 years...so i might need to brush up on my grammar bigtime!)

So which test should I do? am runningout of time now and really need to get to Canada asap...

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
I'm still confused whether I should apply for FSW or for Quebec...

Does anyone have any idea about the Quebec requirements after 31st March? I was eligible as per the requirements before March 2012...
Accordingly, am not sure also if I should sit for the TEF (registration for March exam closes today) or TCF Quebec (half the price and exam in mid-April)

With regards to the FSW:
My occupation is specialized but not sure if it will even be within NOC 0, A & B...and now that Minister Kenny has announced that there will be a list of occupational categories, I'm nearly 99% sure my occupation won't be there because its so general (not in-demand, neither specialized in any way)

I dont mind settling down in Quebec for a few years...or anywhre in Canada for that matter - haev done french for 12 years in school (but haven't practived for the past 7 years...so i might need to brush up on my grammar bigtime!)

So which test should I do? am runningout of time now and really need to get to Canada asap...
You may get complete info by the link below for immigration Quebec
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou, however, I have checked the site several times..

but I would like an opinion of the seniors who can advise whether it is better to apply for Quebec or take a chance for FSW....as well as the exams...

jssidhu1347

Feb 26, 2013
FSW- A LONG LONG WAIT

HI, I M FROM INDIA.I HAD APPLIED UNDER FSW NOC4131 IN MAY 2010 AND I SUBMITTED FULL APPLICATION IN DECEMBER 2010.
I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION CONFIRMING THE THE RECEIPT OF MY FULL APPLICATION ON 10TH JANUARY 2011.
SINCE THEN I DID NOT RECEIVE ANYTHING FROM NEWDELHI EMBASSY.
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?????????????

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
About the following quote, you can find that out right now! NOC codes and skill level of an occupation are NOT changing. They were updated in 2011 and will remain same for at least 5 years. Follow this link to figure out what your code is and whether it is in NOC O, A or B.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

EFK said:
My occupation is specialized but not sure if it will even be within NOC 0, A & B....

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I can't tell you if you would qualify for QSW, but what I can suggest you do is focus on QSW if you qualify for it. FSW in it's current form is not turning out to be a good option for people without job offer. SO keep your eyes open at least until April when we will know more about FSW, but also keep trying for QSW.

EFK said:
Thankyou, however, I have checked the site several times..

but I would like an opinion of the seniors who can advise whether it is better to apply for Quebec or take a chance for FSW....as well as the exams...