Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Greetings!

I came across this forum and is indeed informative. I have submitted my FSW application to CIC last weekend, and from tracking, it seem to have arrived in CIC.

It would be perfect if I can obtain some information from you guys as the information I get to read about are a bit confusing.

1) Upon sending my initial application, how do I check my application status? Will CIC be sending a receipt or acknowledgement whereby I will be able to track?
2) What would be the average processing time for a response from CIC?
3) I have not done my medical and police clearance. Can I do my medical while waiting for the the advise from CIC? I understand that for Singaporeans, we require to wait for CIC letter before we can proceed with police clearance (which I am fine with it)

Thanks for all the information and replies in advance. Hope this thread can be informative to people who are processing their applications as well.

Cheers!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC does nto send receipts or acknowledgements as soon as your application is received. You will have to wait around 3 months before you receive any communication from CIC and are provided with a tracking number to allow you to follow the progress of your application.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
kennerve said:
Greetings!

I came across this forum and is indeed informative. I have submitted my FSW application to CIC last weekend, and from tracking, it seem to have arrived in CIC.

It would be perfect if I can obtain some information from you guys as the information I get to read about are a bit confusing.

1) Upon sending my initial application, how do I check my application status? Will CIC be sending a receipt or acknowledgement whereby I will be able to track?
2) What would be the average processing time for a response from CIC?
3) I have not done my medical and police clearance. Can I do my medical while waiting for the the advise from CIC? I understand that for Singaporeans, we require to wait for CIC letter before we can proceed with police clearance (which I am fine with it)

Thanks for all the information and replies in advance. Hope this thread can be informative to people who are processing their applications as well.

Cheers!
CIC will probably take another 3-4 months to get to your applications. You can start making your PCC if it takes a long time to make, but note that it expires in a year and you don't need to send it to VO when they ask for it. Medicals should only be done when you are asked by your visa office to do so. It could be 5 months to a year (or more) before you will be asked for medicals. Medicals also expire in a year, so with an uncertain timeline, even if you did upfront medicals you might have to do another one later. SO it's best to wait for VO's instructions.