JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Hello, I am AOR July 16 2020.
Last time I checked, my application status is Security Not Started (Everything else is complete/approved)

I am debating if I should rush to extend my work permit as My BOWP expires early June.

I want to wait till last minute due to the fee, and I feel as though my application will be approved by then. Given the average processing time for work permit being 3-4 months, if I ever get to be in "implied" status, will it deter me from working and travelling?
From what I know, you can keep working when you are in implied status unless you travel outside Canada because you lose the implied status if you do so.
So, I guess the answer is that it would deter you from doing one or another (you can keep working but not travel; or you can travel, but then you have to stop working).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

HRP2020

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
November 13, 2020
Hello, I am AOR July 16 2020.
Last time I checked, my application status is Security Not Started (Everything else is complete/approved)

I am debating if I should rush to extend my work permit as My BOWP expires early June.

I want to wait till last minute due to the fee, and I feel as though my application will be approved by then. Given the average processing time for work permit being 3-4 months, if I ever get to be in "implied" status, will it deter me from working and travelling?
I have applied for BOWP on Oct 2021, but still waiting. There is no issue about working, but cannot travel. Cannot renew driving license, cannot do anything exempt paying taxes.

• Sad
Reactions: pankyy

SabrinaKim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
I have applied for BOWP on Oct 2021, but still waiting. There is no issue about working, but cannot travel. Cannot renew driving license, cannot do anything exempt paying taxes.
Thank you for the insight.. It's awfully long. I'm sorry you are going through the disruption. I extended my PGWP back in June 2021. Approval took only a few days then. It's infuriating that I have to extend it for the 2nd time.

• Wow
Reactions: raj90 and HRP2020

SabrinaKim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
From what I know, you can keep working when you are in implied status unless you travel outside Canada because you lose the implied status if you do so.
So, I guess the answer is that it would deter you from doing one or another (you can keep working but not travel; or you can travel, but then you have to stop working).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I guess I have to give up on travel this year.

Reactions: HRP2020

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
First ever update on my application since Jan 6th 2021.
Although, from my calls to IRCC I Knew that my medicals were extended and approved. Today, the same was updated on the portal.

"Latest update:
Review of medical results - February 20, 2022:You passed the medical exam. "

Can this trigger anything else ??
Any update?

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021
Nope nothing on PR application.
But Yesterday I applied for TRV (as my BOWP was approved on jan 30th).
So, once I get my visa stamped, at least I'll be able to go home and see my parents.
My work permit has been approved.
But it has been over 6 months and I still have not received the hard copy.
Can I apply for TRV without uploading the Work Permit

kiruthigasridhar

Aug 26, 2020
@legalfalcon
Sir, I have a question regarding TRV after BOWP approval.
Recently BOWP and SOWP was approved and we want to apply for TRV for both applicants.

While applying to TRV together from one CIC account, we get 2 questions
1. Do you want to submit an application for a family member (I answered yes, because I want to apply for my spouse's TRV as well)
2. What does your family member want to do in Canada?
(What should I answer ? My spouse already has work permit
approved, and we just want TRV )
Hello,

I'm trying to file TRV for me and my spouse and have the same doubt...
It would be helpful, if you can shed some light on it :) as I feel none of the options provided seems right.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Hello,

I'm trying to file TRV for me and my spouse and have the same doubt...
It would be helpful, if you can shed some light on it :) as I feel none of the options provided seems right.
I filed both TRV's from separate CIC accounts. It was easier to file from separate accounts. The questions were simpler and straight forward.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
My work permit has been approved.
But it has been over 6 months and I still have not received the hard copy.
Can I apply for TRV without uploading the Work Permit
"
If you applied to extend your work or study permit online
If we approve your application, we send you a message in your online account and mail you your new work or study permit. You can apply for your visitor visa before your work or study permit arrives, but you must provide proof that your application has been approved, such as:

• a screenshot of your online approval
  • your application number
  • any other document that proves you have a valid and approved study or work permit extension"

**Also, if you haven't received your work permit copy, you should raise a web form or call IRCC.

Reactions: mzk_immigrate