+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

hchchoi

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
I didn't get the portal email. I didn't submit my 3rd ADR, I'm waiting for the documents, which will take weeks or months. :(

As I said, I really hope this is the only ADR that you get.
@Ahmed H @rWolf Where are you originally from? Curious as to why you are getting document requests regarding military exemption.

Reactions: Ahmed H

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Alright, my country of origin is Egypt. However, I realized that I did an unintentional mistake before submitting my PR application where it ask you whether you listed all periods when you serve in military or hold governmental position and I said YES. Apparently, I should have said no since I never served in military or held any position in the government; and I think that’s why this triggered the request for providing military record or proof of exemption if I didn’t serve. However, they should have noticed it in the biography of my passport as it clearly mention the military status which is exempted (not wanted) but written in Arabic. Anyway, I had the proof of exemption back home, did translate it and send it today. Hope that clarify things and help. Good luck for everyone!

stnwal

Sep 23, 2021
Alright, my country of origin is Egypt. However, I realized that I did an unintentional mistake before submitting my PR application where it ask you whether you listed all periods when you serve in military or hold governmental position and I said YES. Apparently, I should have said no since I never served in military or held any position in the government; and I think that’s why this triggered the request for providing military record or proof of exemption if I didn’t serve. However, they should have noticed it in the biography of my passport as it clearly mention the military status which is exempted (not wanted) but written in Arabic. Anyway, I had the proof of exemption back home, did translate it and send it today. Hope that clarify things and help. Good luck for everyone!
i think the right answer to that question is not applicable.

doksh

Jul 11, 2020
I really appreciate your elaborate answer, thank you! I did the same and sent it for translation just in case they asked.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I just got a cheque from IRCC in my mail, refunding my biometrics fee for my family, $170 (we were exempt).

I paid my application using Interac Debit, which is not support anymore, I believe since November. I guess that is why they refunded my with a cheque.

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Medical shows "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes." Feels like nothing in my life is moving in the right direction [sigh!]
I hear you!
It's really painful to check application each few hours and see absolutely nothing there.

• Sad
Reactions: rahul.ahuja

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Guys, I've seen a lot of PPRs and ReMeds for outland applicants in the last week.
I wonder if IRCC switched their strategy starting in January to process the backlog without regard to CoR and now we are again in limbo, lost in the middle of thousands and thousands of other applications...
Is FSW inland a doomed category or what?
I barely heard good news for us in 2022.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
I called IRCC and got a very nice agent, but heard all is still the same that I see in the notes generated in early December 2021.
Vancouver VO (moved from Montreal in November 2021)
Eligibility - Review Required;
Medical - Passed;
Everything else is in progress.

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Guys, I've seen a lot of PPRs and ReMeds for outland applicants in the last week.
I wonder if IRCC switched their strategy starting in January to process the backlog without regard to CoR and now we are again in limbo, lost in the middle of thousands and thousands of other applications...
Is FSW inland a doomed category or what?
I barely heard good news for us in 2022.
I would say any news on FSW is also good for inland applicants as long as its in Ottawa. I expect all pending apps to be processed quickly if Ottawa VO focusses on FSW.

Reactions: JSF

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I think I am finally out of this endless struggle, thank you to everybody for helping me and for your support throughout this stressful time and I really hope that you will all get good news sooner than later.

Who: Single from France (application in english though), 490 points
VO: Ottawa (I thought it had been transfered to Edmonton but I misread my GCMS notes. I think it stayed in Ottawa)
AOR: Feb 26th 2020
BOWP application: August 25th, 2020
Biometrics: October 1st 2020
BOWP 2 application: September 20th, 2021 (Still not approved...)
Medical update showing on online account: November 10th, 2021
ADR (Address confirmation, marital status confirmation, list of travels update): December 04th, 2021 (Doc uploaded the same day)
"New documents under review" comment showing on my online account: December 07th 2021
Confirmation Portal Email: Jan 13th, 2022

According to latest GCMS notes dated Nov 30th 2021:
Eligibility, criminality passed, security not started
New medical certificate for a validity of 12 months granted on 2021/04/20

I stopped calling and sending webforms in Sept 2021 when they asked us to stop because of the Afghanistan situation. (Just called once in Dec to check if they received my LOE).

Good luck to everybody
Congrats friend!

Reactions: PandaCacahuetes