+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I really hope this is the only ADR they request from you. But if you want dates, just look at my signature.

I got 2 more ADR after this one that you got, and now, on this 3rd ADR, I will have to wait for a long time, no matter what I do. :(

I really, really hope that is not your case, because it is frustrating.

The only difference between your application is mine is that my medicals still shows "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.", while yours already has a date on it. So I guess you are lucky?

Anyway, fingers crossed for you.
Thanks for sympathetic words. I wonder if the statement in the ADR said that “we have begun processing your application and in order to make a decision we need the following documents” does that mean that once they receive the requested documents; they will finalize the application? Anyway it’s all assumptions.. wishing you all the best and good news are on the way for all of us!!

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for sympathetic words. I wonder if the statement in the ADR said that “we have begun processing your application and in order to make a decision we need the following documents” does that mean that once they receive the requested documents; they will finalize the application? Anyway it’s all assumptions.. wishing you all the best and good news are on the way for all of us!!
My ADR says this:

This letter refers to your Application for Permanent Residence under the Federal Skilled Workers
Program.

The processing of your application is almost complete and you have met all of the eligibility requirements
for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker program.

The Windsor office did receive your request to legally change your name on your confirmation of
permanent residence document
. In order to approve your request, you must also submit a copy of a valid
passport that reflects the new name. If you have updated your passport to reflect the name change please
upload a copy of your passport via your MyCIC account"
I guess they're implying that my COPR issuance is just pending sending them my updated passport, which I just did. Here's hoping for the magical portal email by the end of the week.

Reactions: Ahmed H and rWolf

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Just wan to understand we have people in this forum , who are waiting from 2019 ? I am not the one but would like to understand , if they are actually processing backlog OR everything is still random.

Reactions: Ara29 and rWolf

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I really hope this is the only ADR they request from you. But if you want dates, just look at my signature.

I got 2 more ADR after this one that you got, and now, on this 3rd ADR, I will have to wait for a long time, no matter what I do. :(

I really, really hope that is not your case, because it is frustrating.

The only difference between your application is mine is that my medicals still shows "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.", while yours already has a date on it. So I guess you are lucky?

Anyway, fingers crossed for you.
I wouldn't worry much about what your med stat is as long as you know it's already extended! They are actively working on file and it's super clear the process has finally resumed for you! From the amount of ADRs that they have been requesting, it looks like they are conducting a thorough background check, but not to worry!

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
That's an interesting statement and makes me think more that your file has been transferred to another office. Do you know the status of your eligibility, criminality, security things?

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
My ADR says this:

I guess they're implying that my COPR issuance is just pending sending them my updated passport, which I just did. Here's hoping for the magical portal email by the end of the week.
So you have officially changed your name during the process, and sent them the updated documents before? Also, what was the status of your application based on the GCMs notes, if you ever got them?

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
After trying about 20 times and then waiting for an hour got connected to the call center. Apparently my file has not been touched for the past whole one year. What a waste of everyone's time!
Same here, what the status of your medical exam on your online portal, has it been extended?

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
So you have officially changed your name during the process, and sent them the updated documents before? Also, what was the status of your application based on the GCMs notes, if you ever got them?
Yeah pretty much did it 6 months after my AOR. See my signature for the status. Still waiting on a GCMS I requested back in Dec 15, 2021.

I had a legal name change in May 2021 and sent them the new docs. Passport took a bit longer to get updated, so I forgot to submit that later on.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
hmm... good question

I just noticed that my first ADR, which was similar to yours, said:
"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document"

However, the 2nd and 3rd ADRs have the same message as yours:
"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents"

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
hmm... good question

I just noticed that my first ADR, which was similar to yours, said:
"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following document"

However, the 2nd and 3rd ADRs have the same message as yours:
"We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents"
May you told me when you got the portal email after the 2nd and 3rd ADR request?

Ahmed H

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Same here, what the status of your medical exam on your online portal, has it been extended?
Eligibility passed
security and criminality in progress I guess after the last update
Trying to get connected with an agent but it seems it’s time lengthy .. let’s see

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I wouldn't worry much about what your med stat is as long as you know it's already extended! They are actively working on file and it's super clear the process has finally resumed for you! From the amount of ADRs that they have been requesting, it looks like they are conducting a thorough background check, but not to worry!
Yeap, I'm somehow glad that they touched my file. But now, my application is totally on hold until I get the result from RCMP.

Still, the questions/affirmations that I've made I totally valid. There is no reason for such randomness for ADRs. They can certainly conduct a thorough background check, yeap, go ahead. But why? Why such a difference? For me, they have the power to run whatever background check they want, that is why we pay for our application, that is why they can contact every single country.

Now why ask for a document that they know that will take possibly 2 months, in the middle of another pandemic wave, causing more delay to get the same answer that they can get in a blink of eye in their own system?

I'm just waiting for my next ADRs as soon (some weeks) as I submit my RCMP check.

Reactions: Ahmed H and AHHABB

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Yeap, I'm somehow glad that they touched my file. But now, my application is totally on hold until I get the result from RCMP.

Still, the questions/affirmations that I've made I totally valid. There is no reason for such randomness for ADRs. They can certainly conduct a thorough background check, yeap, go ahead. But why? Why such a difference? For me, they have the power to run whatever background check they want, that is why we pay for our application, that is why they can contact every single country.

Now why ask for a document that they know that will take possibly 2 months, in the middle of another pandemic wave, causing more delay to get the same answer that they can get in a blink of eye in their own system?

I'm just waiting for my next ADRs as soon (some weeks) as I submit my RCMP check.
You are right for sure, they couldn't even put all what they want in 1 email!