Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
My employer is planning for a lay off. I am afraid I might loose the LMIA job that I used for FSW application.

Oct 2020 I got a LMIA based job offer with two years work permit. I accepted the offer and joined the company. With this LMIA job offer I created a EE profile with FSW EE eligibility score of 84 and a CRS score of 501. My profile was picked up for ITA in Nov 5th CRS draw with a score cut-off of 478. I promptly applied for it and received AOR on Nov 25th 2020. Until today I have continued in the same job for slightly more than a year. But there is the talk of lay offs in our company.
/
Now if I loose the job then my FSW EE eligibility score drops to 69, this is still OK as the MEC cut off is 67. But my CRS will drop to 451 which will be less than the CRS draw score of 478. Does this mean that I would have to revoke my application?

@legalfalcon, if you could answer please

Thank you
/
Do you now have 1 year of Canadian exp ?
if yes, then you could potentially apply under CEC and then get a BOWP based on your CEC application.
This would be possible only if there is a CEC draw in coming weeks.

**This is just my personal opinion. Please do your due diligence.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just got ADR for my bank statement.
Please what do they mean by average balance for the past 6 months?
@pruthv @legalfalcon
Average balance means that you have had the PoF for the last 6 months in your bank account. In technical terms:

A simple average balance between a beginning and ending date is calculated by adding the beginning balance and the ending balance together, then dividing that amount by two.

See https://bit.ly/32CxAWK

[My response does not constitute legal advice and neither does it give rise to any lawyer-client relationship.]

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
same as yours.
My wife and I applied under FSW- inland category in nov 2020. Haven't heard back from IRCC yet.
The only update/ghost update on my file was on 20th nov when the status of my medical changed to "you don't need a medical exam".

Eagerly waiting for a decision.
I was thinking about CEC as well, but looking at this group, I think it would not make much sense and all of us might get a decision in a couple of months.
I was AOR April 2020, and I only got the email last week. So the yours should come in soon too

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Hi, anybody here with medicals updated in the online login of IRCC but still waiting for portal email?
By updated you mean, with another date (extended)?

Mine still shows that I don't need one, since the first one expired in October. I guess the next step is to get an update showing that it was extended, but nothing until now.

I've called IRCC and without asking they said mine was extended to October 2022 though. The always said that I've passed eligibility, but it still shows that they are processing it as well.

Reactions: requiemforadream

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019

Mine still shows that I don't need one, since the first one expired in October. I guess the next step is to get an update showing that it was extended, but nothing until now.

I've called IRCC and without asking they said mine was extended to October 2022 though. The always said that I've passed eligibility, but it still shows that they are processing it as well.
Yes, I meant extended and updated in the online login. I am trying to gauge how long does it take for the portal email to come after the medicals say passed in the online login.

Reactions: rWolf

MCNR

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021

Hey,
I am trying to call IRCC to know if my medicals were extended or not (My first medicals were expired on Oct.20, 2021) but every time they are hanging up by saying agents are busy. Do you know any shortcut to connect or get a call back from them?

Thanks!

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Quick question from people who have recently received portal email.
Did all or most of you had to submit latest bank statement or something similar ?
Yes, very interested in knowing these. Are all of those getting portal emails also being requested for updated POF?

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Hey,
I am trying to call IRCC to know if my medicals were extended or not (My first medicals were expired on Oct.20, 2021) but every time they are hanging up by saying agents are busy. Do you know any shortcut to connect or get a call back from them?

Thanks!
No, I got on the phone with them last week and they decided to tell me that. I've called 3:30pm CST. I had to wait for 5 minutes

akswlo

Sep 24, 2021
/
Do you now have 1 year of Canadian exp ?
if yes, then you could potentially apply under CEC and then get a BOWP based on your CEC application.
This would be possible only if there is a CEC draw in coming weeks.

**This is just my personal opinion. Please do your due diligence.
Yeah I do now. But I have to write IELTS all over again. To even think of starting all of this over again it makes me revolt, but beggars are not choosers I guess.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Yeah I do now. But I have to write IELTS all over again. To even think of starting all of this over again it makes me revolt, but beggars are not choosers I guess.
I would not reapply as CEC at this time. The news is all pointing in the same direction, that they are going to prioritize the backlog now. Just hang on

doksh

Jul 11, 2020
I am FSW-INLAND AOR Jan, 2021. I contacted my MP and they reached out to IRCC to get my status, which was as usual.

However, they informed the MP there is a "bring forward date" on 15 jan 2022, anyone knows what is that?

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
I am FSW-INLAND AOR Jan, 2021. I contacted my MP and they reached out to IRCC to get my status, which was as usual.

However, they informed the MP there is a "bring forward date" on 15 jan 2022, anyone knows what is that?
Interesting, I wonder if all our files have something similar, as they want to finally clean the backlog.