+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

diamondspark

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi all,
I got portal email with subject "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" on Wednesday. I replied to it right away. Since then it has been 5 days and I recieve the same email everyday as a reminder. I reply to it every day. It is clearly a glitch but regardless it's annoying to not get the portal credentials. Any advice on what should I do?
AOR: Dec 2019

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
So, answering you (@jessiejgl ) and @nitin1304 together...
In the portal email, at the bottom of the letter they mention this and I quote:

@nitin1304, I don't think they can transfer the file. More so, as far as I know they don't stamp for PR at all. You get treated as everyone who is outside Canada and send a PRTD like jessie said. You will use that document to do landing in Canada. They only send PR Card to a Canadian physical address. Also, as far as I know all your visas turn null when you get PR so you can't come back based on your work/student/tourist visa even though if they are not expired. I'm not sure at what point that happens, whether it is when you get the portal email or you actually get the CoPR. I saw in other forums that people are not even responding back to the portal email, use that time to come back to Canada and then respond. I would strongly suggest you to ask IRCC or some Immigration Consultants here.

@jessiejgl Yes, just respond back to the email that you are not in Canada and they should issue you PRTD.

Lol, I should start an Immigration Consultancy at this point :D
Hey @pruthv, I just received an email from IRCC now that my PR has been approved. BUT... is it normal that they send it on a Sunday? and the subject line of the email IS NOT similar to the given online “IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) / Portail de résidence permanente (Confirmation de la RP)” - What I received was, "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal - Exxxxxxx (My application number)".... Just want to make sure its legit.... Thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: pruthv

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi all,
I got portal email with subject "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" on Wednesday. I replied to it right away. Since then it has been 5 days and I recieve the same email everyday as a reminder. I reply to it every day. It is clearly a glitch but regardless it's annoying to not get the portal credentials. Any advice on what should I do?
I just received one today! hmmmm Is it "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal + your application number"?

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
AOR April 23 2020
Ghost Update Nov 25, 2021
Email - Nov 28, 2021

Hmmm I just want to make sure its legi tho? Do they really send emails on weekends? hmmm
Hey @jessiejgl how long after the medicals in your online login said "You passed the medical exam" did you get the first portal email.

Also, does the online login says "Your application is approved" before you get the portal email or does the email comes even before that.

I would appreciate if you can give me information about this. Thanks!

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hey @jessiejgl how long after the medicals in your online login said "You passed the medical exam" did you get the first portal email.

Also, does the online login says "Your application is approved" before you get the portal email or does the email comes even before that.

I would appreciate if you can give me information about this. Thanks!
I got the email today, just 3 days after I saw the update that I passed my medicals.

My profile is not updated though.. it doesn't say that my application has been approved.

If you have other info, please share too! Thank you! I just want to really verify if this email I received is legit hehe

Reactions: requiemforadream

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I got the email today, just 3 days after I saw the update that I passed my medicals.

My profile is not updated though.. it doesn't say that my application has been approved.

If you have other info, please share too! Thank you! I just want to really verify if this email I received is legit hehe
I havent yet received the email but i think it should be legit if it mentions either your UCI no. or application no. because that information is confedential and only u and IRCC know about it.

afalyat

Apr 28, 2021
Hi all,
THANK YOU! I'm in the exact same situation. I've received more or less the same email everyday since Wednesday and I haven't received the portal credentials yet. I've replied only twice though. I'm not sure what to do either. I may call them.
AOR: Mar. 2020

Reactions: pruthv

afalyat

Apr 28, 2021
AOR April 23 2020
Ghost Update Nov 25, 2021
Email - Nov 28, 2021

Hmmm I just want to make sure its legi tho? Do they really send emails on weekends? hmmm
Yes, I have no doubts that it's legit. I've looked into it and that was my conclusion. I received two this weekend. Subject: "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal – my application number". It's just annoying that they keep sending the same email daily and no portal credentials yet. Looks like a glitch, as @diamondspark said.

Regardless, congrats to y'all :D
I'm still in disbelief till now