+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi folks, anyone received GCMS notes here recently? How long did it take since you applied? Thanks
My four most recent GCMS notes all came after exactly 1 month and 3 days after the request (e.g. the last one was ordered on Oct 15 and received on Nov 18). Might be a just a confidence though.

Last edited:
Reactions: upon

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Yeah Montreal. AOR Feb 2. Initially when I had called I was told by two agents my VO was Sydney. GCMS notes say Montreal, and Sydney not even secondary. Don't know what was that.
Sydney is the Centralized Intake Office. They receive all FSW applications, check if they are complete, and finally designate a Case Processing Centre to analyze each of them. So it's a good thing that at least your application was deemed complete and is being analyzed somewhere.

I've noticed that Montreal takes a long time to update the eligibility status on GCMS, but when they do, it goes fast.
My AOR is Dec 2020, and my last note was at the end of September. My eligibility wasn't started as well.
I'm waiting for new notes and confident I'll see some movement this time.

From what I've seen, Montreal is relatively predictable. I think they started working on Dec 2020 files two weeks ago.
I estimate I'll get my CoPR between Nov 2021 and Feb 2022 (but most likely in Dec 2021).

I guess you should expect some movement on your application around Dec/Jan and get your CoPR around January to March 2022.

ignativda

Feb 8, 2021
Completely unexpected, I received my portal email last night.

AOR - 3rd October, 2020
1st Medicals passed- November, 2020
Eligibility passed-December, 2020
Criminality-was in progress until Nov, 2021
Security - was not started until Nov, 2021
GU1- 10th November, 2021
2nd Medicals passed-10th November, 2021
GU2- 12th November, 2021
ADR- 13th November, 2021(done same day)
GU3- 17th November, 2021
Portal email-18th November, 2021
Very nice! Congrats. What did they request on ADR if you don't mind sharing

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
thanks for the info and really happy for you!!

I am just wondering seeing you had so many GU. What do you consider as a GU? Do you receive an email each time or is it just a change on your online account?

wondering cause my medicals passed again on Nov 10th too on my online account so I am hopeful that it means something but in the same time I am tired of hoping and being deceived soon after (AOR feb 2020, 21 months of hopes and deception, it s tiring )
No I did not receive any emails. My profile when I log in shows Application/Profile Updated but when I go into the app nothing has changed. I am not sure how many of those GUs were related to processing and how many to ADR. I can probably shed some light on that with GCMS notes.

Keep your hopes up. It looks like medicals passed again is an indication that someone is definitely working on your file. I hope you get your pr soon as well.

Reactions: PandaCacahuetes

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
For info, I requested my GCMS notes in August, and they sent me an email 35 days later asking for me to clarify what notes I was expecting. Total bullshit, especially because it was the 4th time I was asking for them and beforehand I always received them prior to 35 days delay.
I requested them again in October and received in November those notes two times the same day.

They may have had an issue with requests done during summer. Knowing that it is only $5, I suggest you ask for them again.
ATIP for Access to Personal Information is free of charge. You only have to pay $5 if you are requesting an ATIP for Access to Information for general government records.

GCMS notes are personal information. Thus, requesting it is totally free to those who are inside Canada.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
good to know Thanks for correcting! I have spent $30 for nothing
You are probably selecting the wrong option when filling out the form.
Maybe that's why they got confused one of the times you requested.
You have to select "Privacy Act" instead of "Access to Information Act". Then, you won't be charged anything and still be able to submit a request and receive your records.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation

Reactions: PandaCacahuetes

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

• Credit card, if your request is being made under the Access to Information Act:
    • There is a $5.00 application fee for these requests. There are no fees under the Privacy Act.
    • At the end of the application, you will be automatically directed to an e-Payment tool, where you will be required to pay your $5.00 application fee using a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card.

Mvumi_livu

Oct 16, 2020
Finally getting PR!!!

FSW Inland | VO - Ottawa
AOR: Feb 17th 2020
Medical: Feb 27th 2020 (Extended: April 23rd 2021 according to agent)
Biometrics Submission: Nov 3rd 2020
Medical Updated on Profile: Nov 12, 2021
Portal Email: Nov 18, 2021

21 Months!!! o_O
Such a long and tiring journey, I'm glad to be at the end.
All the best to everyone still waiting, hang in there!

Odessan

Oct 27, 2021
FSW Inland | VO - Ottawa
AOR: Feb 3rd 2021
Medical: Was extended back in the summer of 2021, passed Nov 18, 2021
Ghost update in the beginning of November when a lot of people got it
Second ghost update - a week ago
Sent web form asking for application status on November 18
Portal Email: Nov 18, 2021
Portal Credentials: Nov 19, 2021

Worth mentioning that my portal email was sent from Calgary office
Good luck everyone, hope you will get your PRs soon