+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I have sent this to minister immigration at Minister@cic.gc.ca

If you agree, you can do it as well. It’ll take less than a minute in copy paste.

RE: Proposal Regarding Counting Whole Time Spent In Canada by Inland Applicants Towards Citizenship Residency Requirements

Dear Sean Fraser,

I congratulate you on becoming the Minister for Immgration and wish you success. No doubt it’s the most challenging time for IRCC.

I am sure you’re already aware of the huge backlog of PR applications by now and are working hard to find ways to clear it out ASAP. One worst hit category is the inland FSW/PNP/CEC applicants who have been waiting for over a year now while the recent applicants from 2021 (mostly CEC) have started receiving PRs within 2-4 months.

This unjust last in first out policy has caused a sense of exclusion and unfair treatment among the inland applicants who have been waiting for more than a year (some even 2years). And their feelings are not unfounded as IRCC has been telling them it’s Covid-19 that has disrupted their operations but at the same time there’s no explanation about how the applications submitted since February 2021 are being processed in one third of the normal processing time.

Being such an inland applicant, I don’t see at this point of time IRCC can make much difference. Even if IRCC finalises all our applications before Christmas, it will not compensate for the depression that we along with our families have been through. Believe me you can’t imagine what we are going through.

However, there’s one small step that’s under your purview and that can give us some relief once our applications are approved. I am talking about the residency requirements for PR to qualify for citizenship. It’s 1095 days and for the inland applicants the time period they have already spent in canada is half counted towards that requirement but there is a maximum cap of 365 days. It means if I have spent 4 years, I will only get benefit of 2 years as half counted for one year.

It would be further unjust with us if our time spent in canada is not completely counted while we were waiting for our PR cases to be approved by IRCC and IRCC was busy approving 2021 applications but putting our applications on hold or slowly processing them.

I hope as Minister Immigration you’ll take out some time and look into this proposal which is totally doable to provide us some relief as a sign of Liberal Party’s commitments towards immigration and just policies.

Regards.

Chawla22

Jan 6, 2021
I have sent this to minister immigration at Minister@cic.gc.ca

If you agree, you can do it as well. It’ll take less than a minute in copy paste.

RE: Proposal Regarding Counting Whole Time Spent In Canada by Inland Applicants Towards Citizenship Residency Requirements

Dear Sean Fraser,

I congratulate you on becoming the Minister for Immgration and wish you success. No doubt it’s the most challenging time for IRCC.

I am sure you’re already aware of the huge backlog of PR applications by now and are working hard to find ways to clear it out ASAP. One worst hit category is the inland FSW/PNP/CEC applicants who have been waiting for over a year now while the recent applicants from 2021 (mostly CEC) have started receiving PRs within 2-4 months.

This unjust last in first out policy has caused a sense of exclusion and unfair treatment among the inland applicants who have been waiting for more than a year (some even 2years). And their feelings are not unfounded as IRCC has been telling them it’s Covid-19 that has disrupted their operations but at the same time there’s no explanation about how the applications submitted since February 2021 are being processed in one third of the normal processing time.

Being such an inland applicant, I don’t see at this point of time IRCC can make much difference. Even if IRCC finalises all our applications before Christmas, it will not compensate for the depression that we along with our families have been through. Believe me you can’t imagine what we are going through.

However, there’s one small step that’s under your purview and that can give us some relief once our applications are approved. I am talking about the residency requirements for PR to qualify for citizenship. It’s 1095 days and for the inland applicants the time period they have already spent in canada is half counted towards that requirement but there is a maximum cap of 365 days. It means if I have spent 4 years, I will only get benefit of 2 years as half counted for one year.

It would be further unjust with us if our time spent in canada is not completely counted while we were waiting for our PR cases to be approved by IRCC and IRCC was busy approving 2021 applications but putting our applications on hold or slowly processing them.

I hope as Minister Immigration you’ll take out some time and look into this proposal which is totally doable to provide us some relief as a sign of Liberal Party’s commitments towards immigration and just policies.

Regards.
I am sending it

Reactions: Princes2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon can you help us with understanding if mandamus can help in our cases which are in processing for more than 2 yrs ?

See my exhaustive post on this at https://bit.ly/3FbUMsV

Each case is different and you will have to contact an immigration lawyer to evaluate your individual circumstances.

Reactions: akswlo

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

NewHope2021

May 13, 2021
I had a ghost update yesterday and my medical exams status changed to say I don't need it, before it stated the date it got approved (Jan 6, 2021). Any idea what that can be about?

FSW-inland (Ottawa)
AOR Nov 20, 2020
Last GCMS notes:
Eligibility: Passed (Feb 2021)
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed (Jan 2021)
Info Sharing: In progress

Reactions: HRP2020

MCNR

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
I had a ghost update yesterday and my medical exams status changed to say I don't need it, before it stated the date it got approved (Jan 6, 2021). Any idea what that can be about?

FSW-inland (Ottawa)
AOR Nov 20, 2020
Last GCMS notes:
Eligibility: Passed (Feb 2021)
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed (Jan 2021)
Info Sharing: In progress
May be your medical got expired.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
This is the first time, something has happened on my application since the last update on Jan 6th 2021.
"You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes".

Does this usually act as a trigger ?

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
Just heard from a friend who got portal confirmation email 1 week after getting AOR. He applied tr to pr last May. Keep thinking if they are really able to process applications in 1 week what execuse they have to make people wait for years.

Reactions: rWolf

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,
Fyi my medicals also changed 3 days ago. I guess everybody got the same GU lately. Not sure it s a good thing, just an automatic thing.

Timeline (already provided earlier)
VO ottawa
AOR: feb 2020
Medicals: initially passed march 2020 but now saying Nov 10 2021. However on my gcms notes, there is a note saying in apr 2021 that my medicals were extended already
Biometrics: Oct 2020
I applied for my 2nd bowp in sept 2021, still not approved.
That's probably a good sign. Any updates is better than no updates :)

I haven't got any ghost updates recently, and my CIC Portal still says "You do not a medical exam". :confused:

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I am looking for some information about travelling outside Canada. I have a TRV and my AoR is December 2020 (FSW-Inland). I'm wondering if it's possible for me to travel outside Canada right now. I am worried that if I get the E-COPR email, my TRV will be expired and I won't have any option but to apply for a PRTD.

Is that the case or does the IRCC confirm first where I am and then send the E-COPR, allowing me a day or two to return to Canada on my TRV?

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi there,

I see several messages from people worrying about traveling while waiting for their PR approval.

Could someone explain why we should be worried about that?

Travelling is one thing. Residing in Canada is another. Both are compatible.

If IRCC asks you whether you’re still residing in Canada during your trip, the answer is still « yes », right?

Thanks!

Gazias

May 16, 2019
Hi there,

I see several messages from people worrying about traveling while waiting for their PR approval.

Could someone explain why we should be worried about that?

Travelling is one thing. Residing in Canada is another. Both are compatible.

If IRCC asks you whether you’re still residing in Canada during your trip, the answer is still « yes », right?

Thanks!

Good question. But I believe that they want to make sure that you are physically in Canada to be eligible for the virtual landing when your application is approved, so I think being physically outside Canada for travel or something might not be favorable, even if you have a valid status to be temporary resident (study, work..etc). But again, not sure.