+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

RJBOF

Apr 15, 2021
Of course they can, if they want to!
I talked with some lawyers and immigration consultants regarding this topic, and according to the conversations, my conclusion is:

1- They can do it? Yes, they can do it with some degree of effort. (it is not an "out-of-box" functionality on their system)
2- Will they do it? Probably not, there is no point in prioritizing 4-5k FSW Inland applicants in a group of 80-100k FSW pending applications (including Inlanders and Outlanders). So, they will use their resources for other things.

We are just a few applicants. The logic of the immigration program is not to process the applications fairly (according to our point of view), but to support the Canadian Immigration Plan. So, unfortunately, the "first in, first out" methodology is not what they will do necessarily! hehehe

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Actually, they (CIC System) cannot differentiate who is FSW Inland and Outland. So, we are on the same boat as outlanders.
They surely can distinguish Inland from Outland, as they sort each of them to send to specific case processing centres after the application is deemed complete by the centralized intake office.

Montreal, for instance, processes Canada and USA applications only. FSW-Inland and FSW-USA are treated similarly there and they are being approved in about 400-500 days while CEC is being approved in about 150 days in the same office. There have been many approvals for FSW (both inland and outland) in Montreal but it still is very little when compared with CEC.

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
FSW-Inland has not been being processed normally - only CEC has been. No matter what their policy says, the lack of FSW-Inland CoPR approvals makes it clear that unfortunately we have not been treated like CEC. So any news that is good for FSW-Outland should be good for us!
My fear is that when they get back to FSW-O, the backlog will be gigantic with so many applications from 2019 and 2020 coming back to the processing pile at once that we will be just added to the endless backlog bulk. I honestly don't know what is better for our neglected little group anymore...

Sorry if I am being too hopeless in any of the scenarios .lol.

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
My fear is that when they get back to FSW-O, the backlog will be gigantic with so many applications from 2019 and 2020 coming back to the processing pile at once that we will be just added to the endless backlog bulk. I honestly don't know what is better for our neglected little group anymore...

Sorry if I am being too hopeless in any of the scenarios .lol.
They are prioritizing every other stream over ours. Even TR to PR processing is on faster track. Same with all refugee programs. This is an endless wait with no timeline for closure. Feeling so irritated but helpless at the same time.

hamid123456

Dec 17, 2016
I talked with some lawyers and immigration consultants regarding this topic, and according to the conversations, my conclusion is:

1- They can do it? Yes, they can do it with some degree of effort. (it is not an "out-of-box" functionality on their system)
2- Will they do it? Probably not, there is no point in prioritizing 4-5k FSW Inland applicants in a group of 80-100k FSW pending applications (including Inlanders and Outlanders). So, they will use their resources for other things.

We are just a few applicants. The logic of the immigration program is not to process the applications fairly (according to our point of view), but to support the Canadian Immigration Plan. So, unfortunately, the "first in, first out" methodology is not what they will do necessarily! hehehe
I agree that that they're not distinguishing between FSW inland and outland applicants, as otherwise we wouldn't have been in this dire situation right now.

But I'm 100% sure that distinguishing between inland and outland applicants doesn't take slightest effort on their behalf, even though I have no idea about their internal system.

Even the most dysfunctional CRM will let them filter their data based on the country of residence.

requiemforadream

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
I didn't get any ghost updates either. I think you can be hopeful if you receive one!

Also, in their website, it is clearly stated that if you are an inland or USA applicant, your file is transferred to Ottawa/Montreal offices after R10/Eligibility stage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices.html

"The case processing centre office in Ottawa (CPC-O) processes:
  • visitor visa (temporary resident visa) applications from within Canada for applicants with valid status (students or temporary foreign workers only).
  • permanent resident visa applications from the United States and Canada, after they have been received and deemed complete by CPC-M or CIO-S."
Yesterday, we received my husband's temporary resident visa approval after 8 months!!! -first bullet point

Our PR is also in progress for 12 months now at the CPC-Ottawa. There is no doubt that they can distinguish between Inland vs Outland, as they sending the files to the CPCs accordingly.

Current trend shows that most of the FSW-Inland applications have not been touched since January 2021 though. I truly hope that CPC-Ottawa starts processing them soon.

Reactions: erwin2020