+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Canada_HELLO1

Apr 16, 2020
I asked the MP to follow up on my case. After waiting for a week, I was informed that my document is the Montreal office. I was asked to be patient and once they come to conclusion they will let me know (a generic response!!!)

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I asked the MP to follow up on my case. After waiting for a week, I was informed that my document is the Montreal office. I was asked to be patient and once they come to conclusion they will let me know (a generic response!!!)
Don't know man. I am getting very frustrated day by day. It's been more than 7 Months . Not sure when they will make the decision.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Don't know man. I am getting very frustrated day by day. It's been more than 7 Months . Not sure when they will make the decision.
Hang on mate. I'm FSW-Inland with a similar AOR (more than 6 months for me). In 2019 FSW approved apps took 9 months processing on average... the wait is frustrating, but at least we are here in Canada. I am hopeful that our applications will start to be approved this fall, as borders will very likely start to open around September (give or a take a month). I feel bad for the fall 2019 AORs who will end up waiting 2 years for processing... we will likely end up being much faster than them.

Reactions: mnukkiral

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hang on mate. I'm FSW-Inland with a similar AOR (more than 6 months for me). In 2019 FSW approved apps took 9 months processing on average... the wait is frustrating, but at least we are here in Canada. I am hopeful that our applications will start to be approved this fall, as borders will very likely start to open around September (give or a take a month). I feel bad for the fall 2019 AORs who will end up waiting 2 years for processing... we will likely end up being much faster than them.
At the same time CEC applications are getting processed with 2/3 months . Not sure what / why is the destination between processing time of CEC and FSW Inland applicants. Not able to find out theory for the same.

Reactions: bambisp

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
At the same time CEC applications are getting processed with 2/3 months . Not sure what / why is the destination between processing time of CEC and FSW Inland applicants. Not able to find out theory for the same.
Any applications getting processed in 3 months are outliers, and have NOCs in essential services, earmarked for priority processing. This is not the norm, and definitely not so for CEC. The average has been at least 8 months. I get the frustration, but misinformation doesn't help anyone.

Reactions: guelphite

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Any applications getting processed in 3 months are outliers, and have NOCs in essential services, earmarked for priority processing. This is not the norm, and definitely not so for CEC. The average has been at least 8 months. I get the frustration, but misinformation doesn't help anyone.
That's good information so does the priority NOCs in essential services are being considered for FSW - Inland applicants. Reason I am asking because my NOC falls under this category of essential services.

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
I am 10 months in....I think they parked all fsw and prioritize all the CECs and all the new applicants from the 90,000. I guess it will be likely over a year. Make plans on your working permit or trv...be prepared to renew those.

Reactions: mnukkiral

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
IRCC literally says on their page that they are only processing CEC apps normally?? Also, 2/3 months is very unusual even for CEC these days, it's not fair to pick an extreme outlier for comparison...

NovemberSnow

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
I applied online, FSW-inland.
There is nothing wrong with my application, my eligibility is "MET" since the first month. They just stopped working on my application after 2 months and never re-opened it as per GCMS notes.

I had to extend my current work permit (BOWP) which was processed in roughly 2 weeks instead of 77 days as per IRCC website. I pay my taxes in Canada since the beginning but it looks like they don't care. They just "forgot" my application.

Last edited:

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
I applied online, FSW-inland.
There is nothing wrong with my application, my eligibility is "MET" since the first month. They just stopped working on my application after 2 months and never re-opened it as per GCMS notes.

I had to extend my current work permit (BOWP) which was processed in roughly 2 weeks instead of 77 days as per IRCC website. I pay my taxes in Canada since the beginning but it looks like they don't care. They just "forgot" my application.
Exactly same situation here @NovemberSnow
14 months + now and in the same situation as you....

NewHope2021

May 13, 2021
Hi all,

FSW-Inland applicant AOR Nov 26, 2020 - on the portal there's only medicals and biometrics info as passed.
Just talked to an IRCC agent on the phone about my application:
They said my application is currently open (I guess it means someone is working on it?). My eligibility is passed. Security background is being processed. I didn't ask for my VO info.
I also asked if I needed to update my application because I have recently extended my PGWP and they said it is not necessary, just in case anyone else is wondering that.
I know it might take a while to get my COPR, but at least now I know they have worked on my application.

Reactions: Tumak

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hi all,

FSW-Inland applicant AOR Nov 26, 2020 - on the portal there's only medicals and biometrics info as passed.
Just talked to an IRCC agent on the phone about my application:
They said my application is currently open (I guess it means someone is working on it?). My eligibility is passed. Security background is being processed. I didn't ask for my VO info.
I also asked if I needed to update my application because I have recently extended my PGWP and they said it is not necessary, just in case anyone else is wondering that.
I know it might take a while to get my COPR, but at least now I know they have worked on my application.
they haven't ...don't hope too much lol