+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

jmhalpert6

Mar 12, 2023
Hey, I have submitted express entry application (FSW-Inland). My PGWP is about to expire in June, earlier than it should because of passport expiry. I am eligible for PGWP extension. My question is, can I still apply for PGWP extension if I have already submitted express entry application? Or I can only apply for BOWP?

If anyone happens to have some knowledge regarding this, would really appreciate your help!

@legalfalcon would really appreciate your advice on the same, thanks!

baryonix

May 21, 2019
My VO is montreal too (FSW Inland here too). Note sure, but seems like Montreal is very slow
That's bull sh#*, that must be a long waiting
Agreed, Montreal is slow. Are you seeing progress in the new tracker?
@vakulg @houzhou1988 @pyramid7799 are you guys FSW-Inland with VO Montreal as well? What are your AORs?

My file is also with VO Montreal, AOR Nov 2020...

Back in 2021, my file was with VO Ottawa and VO Montreal was much faster! Now they transferred mine to VO Montreal and it's slower than Ottawa now ._. talk about bad luck lol!

sjsingh

Apr 1, 2023
HI all experts, need your help. I just got my ITA 2 days back and now Im collecting documents. Im on work permit and in Canada since last 6 months now. How can I get the PCC in that case. Shall I get it from Indian PSK or do I have to ask for it from the Indian Embassy in Canada?

Also Do I need to get PCC done for both India and Canada?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
HI all experts, need your help. I just got my ITA 2 days back and now Im collecting documents. Im on work permit and in Canada since last 6 months now. How can I get the PCC in that case. Shall I get it from Indian PSK or do I have to ask for it from the Indian Embassy in Canada?

Also Do I need to get PCC done for both India and Canada?
You get it from BLS as everyone. Google BLS and it will take them to their website

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
hello, i moved to canada 7 years ago when I was 18 years old to pursue my studies. My country has mandatory military service but I didn't do it because I was exempt at that time as I was studying in Canada. Would that be an issue?
Hello!

It is unlikely that your lack of military service will be an issue for your immigration to Canada. Canada does not require immigrants to have served in the military, and there is no law against immigrating to Canada if you have not served in the military.

However, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
  • If you are applying for permanent residency, you will need to provide proof that you have been exempt from military service in your home country. This proof can be in the form of a letter from your government, a copy of your military record, or any other official documentation.
  • If you are applying for a work visa, you may need to provide a letter from your employer stating that you are not required to serve in the military in your home country.
It is always a good idea to consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant to get specific advice about your situation.

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Why is this forum dead? FSW inland applicants with March April May AOR any update???
I think it's pretty obvious that they don't need too many people at this time. Maybe few years later more open draws might return. They are only focusing on the top-skilled people and French speakers currently. And they do support disaster affected people, as previously demonstrated.

So, someone like me with a current score of approximately 470 - 480, is probably going to have to wait a few years, perhaps may upto 5 years if we are actually going to keep pursuing it.

No, I'm not going to bother learning French. I've already learned enough and sacrificed enough to get to the 470-480+ range to get a chance to go to Canada. Some of us do have some ounce of self-respect.

sb2220

May 6, 2022
FSW - Inland
ITA: 26th September, 2023
AOR: 1st November, 2023
BIL: 17th January, 2023
Medical Passed: 17th January, 2024
Biometrics provided: 22nd January, 2024
Biometric completed: 22nd January, 2024
Eligibility completed: 23rd January, 2024

Reactions: PrincessD