+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

nick5139

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
They could have taken until end of this year to actually clear all the clutter, and then welcome new applicants. Sometime files are sitting untouched just waiting to be finalized. Looks like someone just came up randomly with the 26-27 months timeline. LMAO From 6 months to that is outrageous af!

Last edited:
Reactions: baryonix

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020

Lavenaa

Dec 8, 2021
Anyone has any luck calling IRCC or has any sort of contact? Lack of PR now and the fact that my work permit expires in 4 months really put a lot of pressure on my career. Having paid taxes in Canada for the last several years, the least they could do is tell us what is going on, and how much longer this whole thing is going to take.

I plan on sending them a webform message every day until I hear something back.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Anyone has any luck calling IRCC or has any sort of contact? Lack of PR now and the fact that my work permit expires in 4 months really put a lot of pressure on my career. Having paid taxes in Canada for the last several years, the least they could do is tell us what is going on, and how much longer this whole thing is going to take.

I plan on sending them a webform message every day until I hear something back.
went through the same thing. You can extend your work permit through your CIC portal. Did it, it takes less than 4 months and you will get 2 Years additional of permit.

Lavenaa

Dec 8, 2021
went through the same thing. You can extend your work permit through your CIC portal. Did it, it takes less than 4 months and you will get 2 Years additional of permit.
Oh nice thanks! Did you do the BOWP? And does it come with a permit that allow you to re-enter Canada?

I was thinking of waiting for that PGWP extension that was mentioned to be introduced, but of course, nothing has yet been announced....

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
I apply to enter Canada through my CIC portal to whatever was available. I think any work permit comes with an eTA because they imply you could be overseas. I was here so it did not make much difference, but my eTA got updated to the same length as the new work permit.

used that to renew my OHIP.

Reactions: Lavenaa
D

Deleted member 1033589

19 months, Samet Kasik?!?! I waited 28 months only to receive the portal email, not even the COPR.

that said, I was really concerned with the new draw, as I’ve experience hundreds of thousands applications moving ahead of mine…!
I'm really sorry for your excessive wait, but your case doesn't normalize my wait of 19 months just because it's less than yours. 19-month waiting time is also extreme, especially when we have to witness some other people receiving their CoPR in a couple of months. We are not in a competition of who waited more...

Sept fsw

Jul 6, 2022
Not sure whether you've seen this: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2022/06/25/prime-minister-announces-new-task-force-improve-government-services. I've been waiting since September 2020. I hope there is something we can do to get our applications processed.
Hey, have been a silent member here.. and yeah saw that link too.. but seriously I don’t think so anything’s gonna happen.. have done everything possible but I guess my files been kept safely in the locker somewhere by this agent RC-2710 since Sep 2020. I sincerely hope the person is alive and healthy.

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020

Ali228

Jan 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
@legalfalcon I really need your advice here.

My passport expired last week, and the IRCC asked yesterday for an updated passport that is valid for at least 6 months and gave me a one-month time to send it to them. I ordered a new passport today: however, there is no timeline for it and it may take more than one month to receive it.

What do you suggest me to do?! We are in Canada right now. Why does the IRCC need a passport at all?!

2020fsw

Aug 10, 2021
Hey, have been a silent member here.. and yeah saw that link too.. but seriously I don’t think so anything’s gonna happen.. have done everything possible but I guess my files been kept safely in the locker somewhere by this agent RC-2710 since Sep 2020. I sincerely hope the person is alive and healthy.
You mean you have no update at all? I've been asked for additional docs and have been waiting since.