+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
Sick and tired of the wait times. Mandamus seems to be a better option right now.!

Nov 2020 AOR FSW INLAND and my application didnt have any update since Jan 2021 after meds passed.
We should all just join one application for Mandamus since we're all in the same boat. This might put enough pressure on them to do something about FSW-inland. This situation has gone too far and there is absolutely no justification for it.

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
My friend I appreciate your tweets and being vocal, but I think it's best to stay on the non-offensive side with the language. In my experience that has the opposite effect.
But if you actually raise the procedural fairness issue, and request a response as to why there's been this injustice for FSW-inland, it might get someone's attention at some point, maybe the media at least.

D

Deleted member 1033589

My friend I appreciate your tweets and being vocal, but I think it's best to stay on the non-offensive side with the language. In my experience that has the opposite effect.
But if you actually raise the procedural fairness issue, and request a response as to why there's been this injustice for FSW-inland, it might get someone's attention at some point, maybe the media at least.
I tried all the ways. I kept calm and tried to reach everyone I could and raise the issue of procedural fairness and the situation of FSW inland applications. It was until my mom passed away and I couldn’t visit her in her dying bed and even couldn’t attend to her funeral because of these a.holes! At this point there’s nothing they could do to compensate my suffering! I’m being vocal because I consumed every other way possible to grab their attention with no success, and at least, I’m venting through tweets. I shouldn’t have to be ok with liberal party policies to be admitted as a skilled immigrant to Canada, and if they will reject me just because I’m raising my voice against them, I’ll happily leave this country because this is not what I signed up for.

Reactions: Princes2020

ab995

Jul 9, 2018
I know we are all frustrated with delays we are facing with our applications. Also seeing 27 months processing time for FSW is super disappointing. But to give you all a little hope, IRCC measures processing times based on how long it took to process 80% of the applications in the past 6 months. Processing times start the day IRCC receive a complete application and ends when an immigration officer makes a decision on it. Because FSW processing was mostly stalled in the last 2 years, it significantly skews the math. The right metric would be see how many applications are being approved month over month to get a better estimate.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/03/canada-welcomes-over-108000-permanent-residents-in-early-2022.html

PS: For me its already been 18 months waiting. :/

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
I tried all the ways. I kept calm and tried to reach everyone I could and raise the issue of procedural fairness and the situation of FSW inland applications. It was until my mom passed away and I couldn’t visit her in her dying bed and even couldn’t attend to her funeral because of these a.holes! At this point there’s nothing they could do to compensate my suffering! I’m being vocal because I consumed every other way possible to grab their attention with no success, and at least, I’m venting through tweets. I shouldn’t have to be ok with liberal party policies to be admitted as a skilled immigrant to Canada, and if they will reject me just because I’m raising my voice against them, I’ll happily leave this country because this is not what I signed up for.
Yes I understand your frustration. And I agree you shouldn't have to feel ok. I don't think they'll reject you because of what you are saying. But you lose the sympathy of other readers.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the hard times you've been through. Hopefully this will end soon. I'm planning to call the government in mid April and either demand to speak with a person who can make this go away, or just file the biggest complaint you can file, or whatever way I find. I've had it with their unresponsiveness. I'm pretty sure this would be a legal issue for the government if we had the means to sue.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
No need to be soft when it comes to IRCC. They destroyed our peace. Although I received my PR, I still can’t overcome the trauma that I went through along with my family due to discriminatory and unjustified policies by IRCC.

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
No need to be soft when it comes to IRCC. They destroyed our peace. Although I received my PR, I still can’t overcome the trauma that I went through along with my family due to discriminatory and unjustified policies by IRCC.
I agree that it's become traumatic for a lot of us. I moved back to Canada from the US in 2015, leaving my job and life there, to avoid the stress of going through the American immigration system. As you know the work permit in the US is issued through a lottery system and is by pure chance. I never thought I'd face a worse situation here in Canada, spending years of my life going through the system even though I've been studying and working here this whole time.

kuanysh13

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
A short update from me:

I’m an FSW Inland at VO Ottawa who moved out of Canada in May 2021. I filed for Mandamus two months ago with no results to this day. Since IRCC responded by requesting my current address ~3 weeks ago, Mandamus is no longer helpful, or so I’m told. It’s been 24.5 months since AOR for me. So for those of you who think that Mandamus is the solution, think twice.

--

One of you reached out via DM, and asked why Mandamus might not be worth it. This is my response:

Mandamus is forcing the government to provide an update. DOJ did contact my lawyer. IRCC provided an update on my case by asking about my current whereabouts. That was a month ago. 2 weeks ago, my lawyer put my Mandamus on temporary hold (abeyance) for a couple of months. When I asked him why a few days back, he said IRCC should do something in the next couple of weeks as Mandamus is “pending/in the air.” When I asked what happens if they don’t, he told me Mandamus would be a waste of time and resources as going to Court (once two months pass) is lengthy, costly, and frankly not worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: vancovuer-applicant

maeugeniagil

Oct 4, 2021
Received PR Card on Monday March 28th, 2022. Complete timeline as follows: -
AOR - April 6th, 2020
Medical Cleared - June 23rd, 2020
Biometrics completed - Oct 15th, 2020

After this dead silence. Only update was a ghost update when the medicals expired. GCMS notes informed they were extended on April 23rd, 2021.

Medical passed again on GCkey - Nov 17th, 2021

Again dead silence. Decided enough is enough and filed for Writ of Mandamus on January 26th, 2022.

Portal email - Feb 1st, 2022.
Replied - Feb 4th, 2022.
Portal credential email - Feb 5th, 2022.
eCOPR on portal - Feb 16th, 2022
Linked PR Card Application to GCkey - March 1st, 2022.
PR Card application approved and card mailed - March 23rd, 2022.
PR Card received - March 28th, 2022.

The whole process took only a few days shy of 2 years. Sent numerous emails, webforms, request from MP's (3 times), ordered GCMS notes (3 times). Nothing worked except the Writ. It cost me CAD 2800 in total.

To be honest was not as happy as I thought I would be when I finally received my PR Card. The person that started this journey 2 years ago and the person who received the PR Card are two different persons. The journey took a lot of me but this forum helped me get through it.

Any questions are welcomed. In case I dont reply here email me at - bhanotprateek@yahoo.in
Thanks for sharing! Would you recommend the lawyer/firm for the Writ of Mandamus? Thanks :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon we are still waiting for golden email, it's been 18 months, we just had a baby, can you or anyone in this group suggest how should we update IRCC about it and which form we need to submit to inform them about our Canadian born baby?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Send a webform to update and IRCC will revert back with the list of forms and documents they require.

Ali228

Jan 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey Guys, Just a quick question.

Does filing a Mandamus have any drawback?
It is almost two frustrating years that we are waiting and I have no idea how much more it is going to take. So I am thinking of filing a Mandamus but I am afraid it may hurt our application.

Besides, our medical has expired for the second time!!! Does anyone have the same experience?! Is it going to extend again or they are going to ask for remedical?

vancovuer-applicant

Jan 10, 2022
I don't think it'll affect your application negatively.
But what happened Kuanysh13 (a few posts above yours) might happen to you, meaning it won't actually work.

AOROCT2020

Jan 6, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-10-2020
Received our PR confirmation email today! So much relief after an 18 month journey. AOR 22 OCT 2020, ADR 19 March 2022 (schedule A & declaration that we're all in Canada), uploaded same day. Now to create the portal account but my spouse is out the country (back on Thursday) so I guess it is best to wait? This thread has really helped me especially during the dark days. My wish is that you all receive PR soon. :)

Kb1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
My application had a ghost update today. It now says “we are reviewing the results of your medical exam.”

My medical was extended until Oct 2022 so not sure what this new update means. There’s been a lot of activity on my profile recently so maybe they are just processing stuff. I’m clueless. But the medicals extending has been confirmed by my MP 3 times now because they do regular checks for me on my status.

Reactions: vancovuer-applicant

themnct

Apr 4, 2022
FSW Inland, AOR OCT 5th. I just got the PR approval email. The thing is I just left Canada yesterday and will return on 23rd of this month. Should I wait till I return to reply to the approval email or should I respond now saying out of Canada with the return date? What impact will it have? Thank you