+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

MCNR

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
One of my close friend with CRS score much below than me got COPR today with AOR: May 2021 (CEC Inland) whereas I am waiting since 10 months (Oct AOR) to get an update. I am not complaining about the CRS score but there should be some transparency in processing timelines.

I don't understand what is wrong with this system. Really frustrating!!

D

Deleted member 1033589

One of my close friend with CRS score much below than me got COPR today with AOR: May 2021 (CEC Inland) whereas I am waiting since 10 months (Oct AOR) to get an update. I am not complaining about the CRS score but there should be some transparency in processing timelines.

I don't understand what is wrong with this system. Really frustrating!!

Please fill out the contact form of Prime Minister and tell about your situation. If they receive enough complaints, they may start to care.

PM Contact

Reactions: Princes2020
D

Deleted member 1050918

I don't even miss the weekends. Tweeting like there is no tomorrow :)

"but the pandemic is in the way" Yeah sure, like borders don't open tomorrow with the US and in a month with the entire world. IRCC and their supporting media have already been lying to prospective immigrants for 2 years; I don't think we need more lies. If they're still gonna lie, they should at least come up with better ones; this one's just flat out stupid.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
IRCC for sure can distinguish between Inland and Overseas if the want to. They could only provide this data because they can search and find Inland Applications.
This is strange. A renowned immigration lawyer who’s also an ex immigration officer has said in his recent vlog that IRCC system doesn’t distinguish bw inland/Outland. But here it’s obvious IRCC can easily differentiate the data. The next question is then why IRCC is only processing CEC and the rest of the inland(fsw/pnp). Well, I am of the firm view it’s all politics. You’ll have not see the superfast processing of 40-50 days for recent CEC applications. CEC/pnp from 2020 and fsw (who happens to be from 2020 only as no draws took place in 2021) are all stuck though pnp is moving little bit and cec2020 is moving little faster than pnp (perhaps CEC2020 are higher in number than pnp that’s why their processing is little bit visible).
Now what’s the politics in that? Well, IRCC will claim great efficiency at 2021 PR applications and it will have the proof that it processed huge number of applications in less than 2 MPAs compared to normal processing time of 6 months.
For 2020 applications IRCC will have the simple excuse; COVID-19.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
IRCC for sure can distinguish between Inland and Overseas if the want to. They could only provide this data because they can search and find Inland Applications.
I am waiting for atip response on my request for similar data about CEC and pnp. It’s been 40 days and they have now reset the time as the request was referred to wrong department internally that refused my request. But after filing complaint with privacy commissioner the request is now under process.

DroneMaker

Jul 29, 2021
This is strange. A renowned immigration lawyer who’s also an ex immigration officer has said in his recent vlog that IRCC system doesn’t distinguish bw inland/Outland. But here it’s obvious IRCC can easily differentiate the data. The next question is then why IRCC is only processing CEC and the rest of the inland(fsw/pnp). Well, I am of the firm view it’s all politics. You’ll have not see the superfast processing of 40-50 days for recent CEC applications. CEC/pnp from 2020 and fsw (who happens to be from 2020 only as no draws took place in 2021) are all stuck though pnp is moving little bit and cec2020 is moving little faster than pnp (perhaps CEC2020 are higher in number than pnp that’s why their processing is little bit visible).
Now what’s the politics in that? Well, IRCC will claim great efficiency at 2021 PR applications and it will have the proof that it processed huge number of applications in less than 2 MPAs compared to normal processing time of 6 months.
For 2020 applications IRCC will have the simple excuse; COVID-19.
I know that Mark Holthe said that. But the keyword in his answer was "Meaningful way" to separate Inland and Overseas applications. If IRCC wants they can instruct their officers to process all the Inland applications but that would mean extra work. An officer would have to search an Inland Application and then process it or IRCC would have to flag all the Inland applications and process them. Either way it means extra work. Therefore, IRCC finds it easier just ask officers to process CEC which are already flagged as CEC and pause all others. Also because CEC has less things to look at such as proof of funds is not required for CEC, in operational terms it is easier to generate large number in less time by processing CEC to show processing efficiency. IRCC would of course prioritize meeting their targets over the wishes of its clients and not bother with anything that would be slow such as Instructing officers to search for FSW-Inland applications.

Reactions: guelphite

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
I know that Mark Holthe said that. But the keyword in his answer was "Meaningful way" to separate Inland and Overseas applications. If IRCC wants they can instruct their officers to process all the Inland applications but that would mean extra work. An officer would have to search an Inland Application and then process it or IRCC would have to flag all the Inland applications and process them. Either way it means extra work. Therefore, IRCC finds it easier just ask officers to process CEC which are already flagged as CEC and pause all others. Also because CEC has less things to look at such as proof of funds is not required for CEC, in operational terms it is easier to generate large number in less time by processing CEC to show processing efficiency. IRCC would of course prioritize meeting their targets over the wishes of its clients and not bother with anything that would be slow such as Instructing officers to search for FSW-Inland applications.
That makes sense. But most pnp are also CEC , including myself. My eligibility passed more than 6 months ago. For only security I have been waiting. For pnp based CEC once the eligibility passes, there’s not any diff left bw pnp CEC.
Anyways, it’s a mess created by IRCC and I am pretty sure one day someone will be in court dragging IRCC to answer for this injustice.

Reactions: SVSD