+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Inland PR applicants

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Happy for you as well. :)

Same question, did you get the "We're still working on your application" email yesterday?
Yes, I got it, for my PR application, my PGWP extension, and my kids visitor records! So, I don't see it a big deal and not that optimistic :(

Reactions: rWolf

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
Yes, I got it, for my PR application, my PGWP extension, and my kids visitor records! So, I don't see it a big deal and not that optimistic :(
Happy to see some movement from Ottawa Vo. I didn’t get that generic mail yesterday. May be they mailed to cases where they are actively working on.

rWolf

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Happy to see some movement from Ottawa Vo. I didn’t get that generic mail yesterday. May be they mailed to cases where they are actively working on.
I hope yes, but at the same time I wish they were working on everyone's cases, prioritizing by AOR. Anyway, time will tell if that email meant something or not.

I've heard that some people got that email for approved applications (not sure how true is that). I have an ongoing BOWP application, and I did not get an email for that. I only received an email on my PR application.

SVSD

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
GTA, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA ( Last Checked)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
11-03-2020
I also did not get the email yesterday for PR application. I have a TRV application in progress since May 2021. I got email for that.

Delay happened with me in case of TRV as well along with PR. 6 months and ongoing.

It seems being too cautious and vigilant for any application is a crime now.

wisemanca

Mar 2, 2020
Ottawa-VO? :eek:

Did you also get the "We're still working on your application." email yesterday as well?

Happy for you. Maybe they are wrapping up your Christmas gift (which should have been given last year)
Yup I got that email yesterday, but for my 2nd BOWP application, not my PR!

AHHABB

Oct 9, 2018
I got a profile update yesterday.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - November 2, 2021:You passed the medical exam.
AOR Feb 10th 2020, FSW-Inland, Ottawa VO

I did my medicals in January 2020 so they had already been passed, expired, extended, and now passed again :)
Hopefully this means they are looking at my profile!
They are for sure, and you are not the first FSW candidate to have medical extension this morning. This is great!

Just a question: have you ever travelled outside Canada since you did your medical test (Jan 2020) and do they typically check that before extending?

wisemanca

Mar 2, 2020
They are for sure, and you are not the first FSW candidate to have medical extension this morning. This is great!

Just a question: have you ever travelled outside Canada since you did your medical test (Jan 2020) and do they typically check that before extending?
I havent left Canada since I did my medicals. Not sure if its something they check!

Reactions: AHHABB and rWolf

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
I also did not get the email yesterday for PR application. I have a TRV application in progress since May 2021. I got email for that.

Delay happened with me in case of TRV as well along with PR. 6 months and ongoing.

It seems being too cautious and vigilant for any application is a crime now.
I am having a pending TRV application too, submitted in June. I saw on their website the time processing for TRV applications submitted from inside Canada is less than 1/2 year now, but why we are waiting for no development??? I don't get it.

Reactions: SVSD

NovemberSnow

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Like a lot of you I had the email "We are still working..." yesterday and today a GU with the medical section (they were expired, renewed) from showing "you don't need blablabla" to "November 3rd you passed...".

I would be happy if a lot of us did not have these emails / GU / updates at the same time, I suspect it could be a glitch.
Let's hope they picked up a big batch to work on it!

I forgot: VO = Ottawa and AOR Dec 2019.

Last edited:

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
I hope yes, but at the same time I wish they were working on everyone's cases, prioritizing by AOR. Anyway, time will tell if that email meant something or not.

I've heard that some people got that email for approved applications (not sure how true is that). I have an ongoing BOWP application, and I did not get an email for that. I only received an email on my PR application.
I feel they picked some
Bunch of files to process May b. My aor is sep 2020. So not sure what order of aor or any specific range they picked. I am yet to apply for BOWP. But will have to soon. Ottawa is one VO with zero movement so far, so if some of you got update on medicals looks like they started processing .

requiemforadream

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
It looks like Ottawa VO started working on the files late 2019, early 2020. My AOR is late 2020. Thus, I assume we may need to wait at least 6 months, and it is very likely that our PRs will arrive around this time next year. Sorry for being realistic here. At least they are processing the files first come first served now, those whose AOR are 2019 definitely deserve to be processed before anybody else. So I am truly happy for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSF

Lii

Mar 4, 2021
It looks like Ottawa VO started working on the files late 2019, early 2020. My AOR is late 2020. Thus, I assume we may need to wait at least 6 months, and it is very likely that our PRs will arrive around this time next year. Sorry for being realistic here. At least they are processing the files first come first served, those whose AOR are 2019 definitely deserve to be processed before anybody else. So I am truly happy for them.
I don’t think it’s that way. I saw people with Oct 2020 aors getting update. It looks random to me.